Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 02:54 PM   #1  

Question is this going to work?

Alright, I have tried many, many, many diets, and now I what I really want to know is, is this going to work? I can't seem to keep motivated and the weekends are killing me! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this a life change? Let me know please.......I want to be skinny!
Old 08-15-2002, 03:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

What diet are you currently on? I am in your shoes. I have tried many diets to no avail. I mean Ilost weight but then regained etc. I'm currently stuck at this weight and have been for 8 months now. I started a new plan yesterday and have dropped two lbs already. What plan are you talking about?
Old 08-15-2002, 06:31 PM   #3  

Default it better work

I am doing ww for the 3rd time. I lost 2 lbs last week too! What plan are you doing?
Old 08-15-2002, 07:04 PM   #4  

I'm currently on the Rotation Diet. I'm doing really good so far but it's only been two days. But it's an easy diet to follow so I should do ok.
WW has a good name and many success stories. I've been interested in it but can't bring myself to pay for a diet, especially if it fails, or I fail on it. wish insurance covered dieting.
Congrats on your two lb loss!!
Old 08-16-2002, 09:18 AM   #5  

Default Rotation Diet?

What exactly is a rotation diet? And as for the paying to lose weight....I hate doing it but it makes me stick to it better knowing that I have to pay for it and if I add up all the money that I spend on junk food.....well put it this way, ww is cheap compared to that!
Old 08-16-2002, 10:06 AM   #6  

You have a point!
The Rotation DIet is a diet from the 80's. I just happend to come accross the book at the library the other day. It's a low calorie diet. 600/900/1200 cal. You do 600 cals for three days, 900 for 4 days and then 1200 for a week and then repeat the 600/900 week. You do it for three weeks and then take a week or two off and begin again. It is devised to not send your body into starvation mode so that your metabolism won't slow down but actually get a boost. You exercise everyday and drink 8 glasses of water. The book has menus for everyday but I'm making my own and getting as close to the cal number I can. Today is my last day on 600 cals. I'm glad!! It's not that I don't get enough to eat because I do, it's just I hit 600 cal around 6:00 pm and then by 8 I'm so hungry and have to go to bed early to escape it. But I'm down another 2 lbs this morning! The diet makes sense to me in that you must rotate your calories so that your body doesn't get accostomed to one set number and then plateau or build a resistance against it. So I'm doing good so far.
I hope WW works for you. Are you a stay at home mom? I'm part of the stay at home mom thread and would love you to join. There are several women there that are also on WW. One has lost 30 lbs in two months on it! She's real inspiration to all of us. Come check it out if you like. It's Stay At Home Mom's # 58 now.
Well, gotta go. Good luck on your plan. And yes you can make it your lifestyle. It just takes time and support. And I'm here if you ever need to talk , email me if you like at [email protected] I check it all the time.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:54 PM   #7  

Hi gals: I am bored out of my gourd here and it seems none of my buddies know the site is back up. I was reading that post about the Rotation Diet and I had never heard of that. I will have to check into that. Sounds interesting. good luck!
Old 08-18-2002, 05:08 PM   #8  
wsw

hi wannabeeskinny!

i also wanna be skinny! now would not be a moment too soon to suit me either. i hope things are going well for you. I wish you the best on your weight loss process. i am on ww- doing it at home now, since i can't afford to be on it officially at this time. so far so good, though i am a slow loser. let me know if i can be of any support. take care.

wsw
Old 08-20-2002, 05:29 PM   #9  

Good luck on your ww journey WSW! I am attending the meetings so if you have any questions about anything let me know, I will certainly find out if I don't know the answer. I have the hugest sweet tooth, so if you have any good desert recipies let me know, and I will pass mine on to you if you'd like!

Take care and please let me know how you are doing!
Old 08-20-2002, 07:30 PM   #10  
wsw

today was pretty good actually. the last couple of days were a bit of a struggle for me with my food plan, but today seemed easier, for whatever reason. i'm not complaining, though! any day that it feels easy to stay op is just fine with me! hope you're doing well. take care.

wsw
Old 08-20-2002, 08:33 PM   #11  

Lakelog, if you want any info on the Rotation Diet just let me know I'd gladly send you the info. My email is [email protected]
Closed Thread