Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 07:57 PM   #1  
Spicy Chick

Hi everyone...thought I would start a new thread...

Guess what Terry,,I live in W. Chester Pa where the QVC studios are...Billy Blanks is going to be on QVC Sat. Feb. 24...they have a number to call if you would like to go to the studio and do a Taebo workout with him... I guess the workouts are going to be live while he is on air with QVC..I know this is late notice but the number is 1 800 600 9900 --maybe you can find out next time he is coming!!

Good to hear from you Crystal.

Take care everyone..

Di
Old 02-23-2001, 01:23 AM   #2  

Hi everyone,

Been tough getting here to post this week. Things have been pretty hectic between my mom visiting, the kids being on vacation and keeping up with my website. I haven't been to the gym at all this week but I have done taebo every day so at least I'm still moving.

Mom - Maintaining is tough. You can eat pretty much anything you want as long as you count it and have the correct portion sizes. I know the exercise will make all the difference. I lost weight before and gained it all back and then some without exercising. That's not going to happen again, no way!

Crystal - Glad to see you got a chance to stop in. Hopefully the scale will go down for you at next weigh in.

Di - I emailed you back. Thanks for the info...hopefully I'll catch him there next time. AND...by then I should be in Maryland and will be MUCH closer. It'll only be a little hop from Aberdeen compared to from here.

I need to go weigh in tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what the scales say. We've eaten out all week, but I've made really good choices so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Talk to ya soon,
Terry
Old 02-23-2001, 08:23 AM   #3  

I lost 1 1/2. I was very happy. I had a few drinks this weekend and it caught up to me. I joined the ymca today. I plan on doing more weight training.

Hello to all. It sounds like everyone continues to truck along. I went to TOPs tonight. According to their scale I haven't gained since last year. I have had some lose each week. I like going by their scale because I weigh there once a week. It seems more reliable.

Not much going on here. Talk to you all later, Crystal
Old 02-23-2001, 10:57 PM   #4  
Spicy Chick

Hi everyone!!

Terry I received your reply...you are soo disciplined you ate out every night and made good choices,,I would have pigged out at least once!!

Crystal: congratulations on joining the "Y', that is where I have my gym membership. I like the gym because I work out longer there, if I am home 30-40 mins. is max. At the gym I can do a hour easily. The only thing I have not mastered is the "EFX" machines, they call them eplitical trainers, they are like a treadmill, bike and stepper combined. I have no endurance on them.
I do the treadmill, stepper and or rower, and the weight machines, I alternate with t he stationary bike some days. I love the weight machines, even if I am tired I can muster up the strengh to work out on them.

Have a good weekend all!!
Old 02-24-2001, 06:34 AM   #5  

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was able to stay on the eliptical machine for 20 mins the first day. It seemed much easier a couple of years ago when I did it before. They must have changed them or something. Do you have a pattern on how you work out on the weight machines? I am trying to work something out so that I don't work the same muscles in a row. Any suggestions?

I feel like I am doing more when I work out with the machines than when I do it at home. I 'm pretty limited on what I can do with dumbells or I just don't know a lot of techniques that can be done at home.

Right now I am at the lowest point since I started LAWL. It keeps coming off slowly but surely. I am way behind. I think I have two more weeks left and I am 28 lbs behind schedule. I have lost 23 lbs in 21 weeks. Not a fast by their standards, but a healthy average. I think doctors recommend 1 lb a week. Anyway. I am going to keep up the exercising because I know that it is the only way to make it work. My metabolism is so low that I have to get it back to working!

Talk to you all later,

Terry, I saw you on the Taebo wesite. It was a great letter from your husband. He sounds like a great guy.

Crystal
Old 02-25-2001, 02:43 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!

I finally found another minute to stop in here. My mom headed home today so things will get back to normal here. I can't wait to get back to the gym on Monday. I've really missed it. I need to hit those weights.

Crystal - Congrats on loosing 1-1/2 this week. Are you going to pay for more weight loss weeks or are you going to attempt to go the rest of it on your own? Great idea joining the Y. Those eliptical machines are something else. My gym has the cross trainer/elliptical machines that have the poles that move your arms too. WOW! Amazing workout, that's all I can say. I work up an incredible sweat and burn more calories on that than anything else in the gym. I use the weight machines too. Now that I only go to the gym 3 days a week I do a full body workout with the weights. I probably use 20 different machines that works my neck to my toes and everything inbetween. If you want a list of all the different machine names so you can check them out let me know and I can email all of them to you.

Di - I had my one pig-out night last night. It was a controlled and planned cheat though. And at that all it was was dessert. I still had a completely healthy dinner. I had planned on getting that dessert all week and really looked forward to it, and trust me it was worth it.

Well, I need to run and try to get some things done around here. Now that mom's gone home I can get back into some sort of normalcy again. Have a great weekend!

Terry
Old 02-25-2001, 01:35 PM   #7  

Just curious as to how much people have spent doing LAWL and how much weight they have lost as I have limited funds and don't want to waste them. Everytime anyone I know has done that and stopped going they ended up fatter, not necessarily weighing more, but they sure look like they do. Doctors will say a pound a week is okay to lose, but does anyone go to the bathroom? All the food going in has to go somewhere doesn't it? Either it's being burned, stored, or in the toilet right?

Just my 2 cents worth, and I live not far from the QVC distribution center and have 2 of the weight loss programs from 2 years ago. Tasted horrible, and fortunately I found something better tasting, and even better the Slim Fast, for about the same money too.
Old 02-26-2001, 07:25 PM   #8  

Terry, that would be great if you could email me the exercises you do on the machines. Thank you so much.

Crystal

Hello everyone!!!
Old 02-26-2001, 11:52 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend. I was very glad to see my kids head back to school this morning. It was a nice week with my mom here visiting and all but they REALLY needed to go back to school. Or maybe that was just me that REALLY needed it! LOL

Nothing - Hi, I lost 85-3/4lbs and over 57" on LAWL. I'm not even positive how much I spent all together. I think it was around $1000-$1200 or somewhere in there when you combine the cost of the program with the bars they offer. I didn't buy any of their vitamins or supplements I used my own. I personally think that any plan is what you make of it. It'll work if you work it and put the effort into it. If you do a plan for a while and stop and go back to your old habits of course your going to regain what you lost. I followed this plan to the letter and reached my goal in 9 months. I've been maintaining now for 4-1/2 months and so far its really going terrific. I doubled up my plan with an extremely rigorous exercise plan too and that made a huge difference and will keep making a huge difference in my lifelong maintenance of my weightloss. As for hitting the bathroom, I drink so much water I've worn a path to the bathroom and for the other I got more regular when I started eating correctly. So no problems there. Best of luck to you in your journey. I hope you find a plan that is perfect for you.

Crystal - I'll try to get you out the list of machines I use later today!

Have a great day everyone. I need to go get some lunch! Talk to ya later.

Terry

Terry
Old 02-27-2001, 05:42 AM   #10  

Hi all,

After such a great loss in the beginning of last week, I had a run in with a box of Cheez-it's. Crackers have always been my downfall. Well after that I showed a 3 lb gain I am now in the process of taking that off, only 1/2 lb heavier than my lowest weight. The problem is I just about wasted a week, and now only have like 10 1/2 weeks to get off 23 lbs. Ok I know if I focus I can certainly take off 60-75% of that. Does anyone know.... Do I lose the possibility of the rebate if I don't lose my entire weight in the initial time period prescribed? I am willing to pay the $4 week for the extra weeks since this is clearly working for me. Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well. Bye for now
Old 02-27-2001, 10:07 PM   #11  
Spicy Chick

Hi everyone:
Just checking in... Mom 2 twins: I did't loose on LAWL timeline, I didn't pay extra, for weight loss weeks, I didn't see how that would help me..I just decided to go right to stabilization then maintainance and try to loose the rest on my own, I could have done better but I am comfortable with what I have accomplished.

I have been pre-occupied with some personal things on my mind, so I know I have not lost in a few weeks, but I know I have not gained.

I have been keeping up pretty good with my workouts, I have been doing several things on line to keep me motivated, I am in the Self Magazine challenge, I visit Dietwatch and Fitday regularly, I also purchased weight commander, a very good program, but it is somewhat weight driven..but it is good.
I haven't weighed in for 2 weeks, I am going Saturday to see how I am doing.

good day all..Di
Old 02-28-2001, 07:40 AM   #12  

Hi everyone,

Things are going pretty good here lately. My life has quieted down now that the kids are back in school and my mom is back at home. Back into my regular routine and that feels really good.

Mom - Yes, I believe that not hitting your goal in your allotted weeks does void your rebate. Wait to see what you want to do until you get closer to the end of the 10 weeks. If you're really close you can probably loose the last few without having to pay the extra money. You have the program down, if it just means following it on your own for a few extra weeks and then doing the stabilization after I don't see what it would hurt. They'll automatically start you on stabilization but that doesn't mean you have to start you on it! And you'll still be weighing in twice a week for those 6 weeks.

Di - Hope things settle down for you personally soon. I also have weight commander, I bought it about a year and a half ago. Great program for the money! What is the Self Magazine Challenge? Got me curious now!

Crystal - I haven't forgotten about getting that weight training info out to you I've just been out straight these last couple days. I'm going to try to do it tonite, if not definately tomorrow! Sorry!

Maggie - How are things going?

OK, we're back to our original crew where'd all our new people go? If you're lurking around stop in and say hello, let us know how everything is going!

Talk to everyone later!

Terry

Old 02-28-2001, 07:28 PM   #13  
Spicy Chick

Hi everyone:

Terry you can find out about self magazine challenge at www.self.com-I first read about it in the diet forums under 2001 Self Challenge started by Mrs. Jim. I think you are well beyond something like this, but for somebody like me that is still in the progress of making changes in lifestyle, I feel it is good.

Hope everyone is doing well...Di
Old 02-28-2001, 11:23 PM   #14  

I left work yesterday at noon and stayed home today due to illness. Every since I have been home, all I want to do is eat!! Not to mention it is that time of the month. I guess I want to eat for comfort because I am sick, I don't know. But I have to stop it now!!

Terry- don't worry about it, just whenever you get time, believe me I know how it is to be busy

Di- I have logged onto the self challenge. It looks interesting.

mom- you can do it. We all can!!

talk to you all later, Crystal
Old 03-01-2001, 01:27 AM   #15  

Hi all,

ok, I am now back to where I was last Tuesday. 183. How can one run in with Cheez-it's take a week to recover from? The counselor said that when you are in weight loss deviations can lead to big gains. How can that be????? Anyway, I hope to lose a little more before Friday's weigh in. This weekend we are going to Disney.... yet another challenge. I'll bring my lites, some fruit and do the best I can.

Crystal: feel better soon.
Closed Thread