View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 12:12 PM   #7
MissMew
Meow!

Thumbs down

Thoughht I'd introduce myself here even though I am still pre-op...

My name is Tammy, I am almost 31 years old (next month), married to a really great guy...we have two young boys (5 1/2 and 3) and live in Canada.

I am currently waiting for my first consultation with two different surgeons. Thie first surgeon does RNY, and my appt with him is Dec 2. The other surgeon does DS (which I'd prefer), and I am waiting for them to call with my first consult appointment...they book your consult and pre-op testing all on the same day if you are travelling a long distance (3-4 hours for me), so that is why I am waiting for this appointment. Most likely I will go with the second doctor, as his waiting times are a bit shorter...I am guestimating my consult will be in November and surgery around March...again, it is hard to say as many people have been trying to get in with this doctor recently. He had been "unheard of" until late, he was trying to keep quiet until he was able to change his practice to do only WLS, so many people didn't know about him.

Anyways, I can't wait to be on the other side. I want to be healthy again, to stop having so many problems related to my weight, to be able to exercise and run after my kids...well, you know all those reasons.
MissMew is offline   Reply With Quote