Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #1  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Unhappy Good Day/Bad Day

Grrr! Today started out so good. I lost 3 pounds - meeting a mini goal of 30 pounds - and it felt so great!! I was so excited

Then it all went downhill... I started a new job, and it is in the mall. I have two words for you all... Food Court... But I told myself for lunch that I would eat at Subway, drink my water and have an apple. Well, that didn't happen.
The line at Subway was soo long and my break was only a half an hour. I wouldn't have had time to get my sandwich, eat and get back to work. So anyway, what did I have? Pizza. A HUGE piece of pizza. And a small root beer. So not what I needed.

Then I got into a fight with someone very special to me - I mean, it was more like a misunderstanding, but it really upset me. So what did I do?? I turned to food. I went and got a mini bag of honey bbq Fritos, a Mountain Dew, and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (in the shape of a Christmas tree) I drank all the soda, ate half the bag of chips, and all of the pb cup. Why?? Because I was upset. Like that isn’t bad enough, I was upset over nothing. We ended up talking it out and it really was no big deal. Yet my eating made it a big deal…

Why do I do this? Why does food have so much control over me? I had been doing so much better. Like I said, I am now down 30 pounds, I can now wear a size 12-14, and I know I look and feel better, yet it still seems that I can’t get the emotional eating thing under control, because for every step forward, it is three steps back.

How do I beat this??

Last edited by SweetCurves32; 06-01-2009 at 11:07 PM.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hang in there..you can do it. One bad day does not ruin it. Just get back on the ban wagon. My suggestion to you is to bring your lunch so you can avoid the food court. Even i would have a hard time saying yes to subway and no to pizza. Start packing you lunch and snacks so you don't have to be tempted. If you want some chocolate, then pack a small amount of dark chocolate which is rich and yummie and still curbs that chocolate craving.

hang in there girl, you can do it.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Gatorgirl, it is only one day just get back back up and brush yourself off!! And take a lunch for sure, the food court at the mall can be an evil place!!
Good luck!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Someone here said, "if you stumble on a stairstep, you don't just give up going upstairs, do you?" or something like that but it's a good analogy for not giving up because of a small stumble.

You've lost alot already!! and a new job is stressful. I also agree that to properly prepare for the dreaded Food Court, you NEED to plan ahead and bring a lunch and a snack so you are not tempted. There is such a great feeling of self-control when you are able to stick to your program. And then see the results of looser clothes and smaller sizes!

good luck to you!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Someone here said, "if you stumble on a stairstep, you don't just give up going upstairs, do you?" or something like that but it's a good analogy for not giving up because of a small stumble.
You are quoting kaplods, I am pretty sure it was her who said that. Our kaplods just have a knack for saying things so well.

Ok, so you ate badly for a couple of days, it does not mean you have lost the battle. I am with those who said you HAVE to bring your own lunch. You will have to learn to shop, cook at home, and bring in enough food to last you your entire shift. If your lunch break is only 1/2 hour, you don't want to spend 10 minutes of it waiting in a line up at a food court.
AVOID the food court entirely. Do you have a staff room where you can eat?
Make sure you bring in some healthy snack to tide you over until lunch - for example some almonds, an apple, an orange, etc. Planning what you are going to eat and making sure you have enough food at home is absolute crucial for weight loss.
Good luck - you can do it!!!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
:
SUCH a great analogy. I remember it myself - often. I think it goes something like this - "If you trip on a stair, would you throw yourself down the rest of the staircase?"

But I think it may have been our get down to it, no holds barred, practical, dear Jayell who said it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey rockinrobin! Thanks!

I have said that about the stairs, and I've also said this: "If you get a flat tire, do you pull off the road and slash the other three?"

But I have to admit, I didn't originate them. I read them in other posts here on 3FC.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #8  
Snowberry: Junior Member

S/C/G: 193/188/140

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Wow, you're not the only one who was beating themselves up. I'm so glad I read your post and all the great responses. I feel like crying. In fact I am crying. From relief. I messed up for two days in a row. I was so ashamed I couldn't even journal. I really needed to hear these words. The stair analogy was great and the tire one hit the idea on home. I'm going to forget those two days and go forward. Thanks folks.

Last edited by fdevine; 11-23-2008 at 10:03 AM.
fdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #9  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hey, we all mess up sometimes. It's what we do after that counts. Do we continue to mess up or do we start over and strive to do better? I totally agree about packing lunch, if not maybe you could try to take your lunch a little earlier or later to avoid lines in the food court. Keep up the good work!

C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #10  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Thank you guys for your support. It really makes so much difference to have people who understand, and are there to help keep us going when we stumble - drat those silly stairs I have picked myself up, brushed myself off, and am ready to keep moving on.

I will definitely be taking a lunch from now on... and sticking to eating it in the break room. However, there are two soda machines, and a vending machine in there... Packing snacks are going to be a must from now on as well.

Thanks again all you fabulous Chicks
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote