Old 06-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Chicken Pot Pie Soup

I've really been wanting Chicken Pot Pie lately but it's just not very healthy with the creamy sauce made with butter and flour and then the rich pie crust too! Today I decided to figure out a modification and it really worked out well! In the end it sort of turned out like a soup but a little thicker.

I used a can of Campbell's 98% fat free cream of chicken condensed soup and about 3/4 of a can of skim milk for the sauce. I steamed all my fresh veggies for about 10 minutes (I used carrots, peas, onion, celery and broccoli but you can use whatever you prefer) mixed it all together with the sauce and chicken, sprinkled with pepper, a little garlic and a little rosemary and stuck it in the oven. Turned out soooooo good and I don't miss the crust at all!

Last edited by wisher; 06-26-2008 at 11:49 AM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Very cool I love pot pie and soups.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

oh and I forgot to mention I sprinkled it with a little reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar when I put it in the oven. YUM!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #4  

when i use to do WW there was a great recipe for pot pie and its so easy to make. They used frozen mixed veggies , all white meat shredded chicken, fat free cream of chicken and fat free cream of mushroom...mixed it all together in a pan and top it with ff or low calorie pillbury biscuits , bake and wholla!~ yummy and still pretty good for ya.
calimodel1 is offline   Reply With Quote