Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #1  
:)

Height: 5'7

Default Morning Nausea?

I've been really nauseous in the mornings lately. I wake up, I brush my teeth, start putting on makeup, then all of the sudden I feel really dizzy, my ears start ringing, and I feel like I'm gonna !

Its horrible. I normally dry heave for a little bit, eat a cracker and go on with my day. I mean what else can I do?

It happens about once a week, and there's nothing special about those days I've noticed.

And there is NO way this could be morning sickness- unless I'm the next virgin mary.

Advice?
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #2  
HMS

S/C/G: 94/85/65 kg

Height: 5'8"

lol @ "the next Virgin mary" ... I always feel nautious if I don't eat within half an hour or if i have my tea before brekkie ... but you have quite a few symptoms there ie dizzy ringing ears .... I'm no help sorry

.... I did find ginger and lemon tea helpful for morning sickness .... and ginger in any form is meant to help with nausea ..
HMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #3  

Maybe you should make the first stop breakfast?

I get this way is I haven't eaten quite enough the day before. Or, usually the beginning of eating better because I've become so used to be so full.

If it's relieved with eating, maybe that's the trick -- try to make time for breakfast first thing.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree. You may not have eaten enough the day before. Try to drink some milk first thing at least, or have some kind of food. It's not normal.

Care to share what your daily menu is like?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes, please do share a sample menu.

In the meantime, just because it isn't morning sickness doesn't mean you can't treat it like it is. So do like many pregnant women need to - keep something small by the side of the bed so you can eat immediately upon waking up. It could be a few whole wheat crackers in a package, whatever...but eat something instantly. It really helps with morning sickness and it might help you.

Another option would be to eat a piece of candied ginger or a gingered lollipop first thing. Its a bit of sugar, but not too high on the cals and would give you the one-two punch of ginger and something in your stomach.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #6  

I could be totally off base here, but have you considered an inner-ear problem? Just a thought....

Hope you figure it out.
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #7  
:)

Height: 5'7

I'm actually partially deaf and I have an implant in my right ear. I have for about 3 years. I'm unbalanced in general but I've never had this problem before.
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogirl008 View Post
I could be totally off base here, but have you considered an inner-ear problem? Just a thought....

Hope you figure it out.
I was thinking more along the lines of congestion or or sinus issues. Quite often those things can cause dizziness or nausea, especially with sitting up or getting out of bed in the morning. Stuff moves around in there and it can really have a suprising effect. Again though, just a thought.
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #9  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Hey Stephi. Random aside, I'm partially deaf as well. I don't have the implant, I have an aide that I basically just use for lectures or when I'm on rotations.

I've had random morning nausea from time to time for several years. Not as severe as yours, but definitely nothing fun. I found what really helps me not get it is a big ole glass of water the second I wake up in the morning. For me, I eat a pretty early dinner and just having nothing in my stomach makes me queasy gross.

My husband laughs at me because I'm come to bed with two "sippy cups" of water. One for me to drink through the night (I take an allergy med at night that really dries me out) and one for in the morning. They're sippy cup style (really like those car coffee cups) so I don't spill all over myself when I'm groggy.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #10  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Two random thoughts from yet another hearing impaired chickie (wow, is there a nest of us?):

I usually get the nausea and ear ringing when I combine an empty stomach/ eating too little with

a) a vitamin supplement containing iron and/or
b) caffeine.

It happens even when I take that supplement at night or drink coffee the previous afternoon (something I haven't done in a long time for precisely this reason, plus it makes me anxious and jittery) - come morning I've got the dry heaves.

Just a shot in the dark, maybe this helps?
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #11  
A work in progress

S/C/G: 209 / 206.6/ 145

Height: 5'6"

I'm definitely with Heffalump with the feeling ill from taking a vitamin first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Are you taking any medications or anything right now? I've found sometimes that if I take advil on an empty stomach I'll have to fight not to have it come right back up after about 5 minutes or so.

PS. Another hearing impaired chick My left ear is pretty much useless.
PackersBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote