Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #1  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Default Muffin top rant

I hate my muffin top, grrrrrrr. It is now actually bigger than my stomach/hips. Why oh why do I have it?! There's no way to disguise it, no way to spot reduce it, no way to make it look better. ARG!

There. I had to get that off my chest. Er, abdomen.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #2  

LOL at last line.

I hear you, I dislike looking at myself in any trousers, because even though I only wear loose clothing (hate feeling anything on my waist) I can..feel it :S and it makes me feel lousy.

From prior personal experience it does shrink in time with the rest of you. And it doesn't affect how great you are overall : )

x x x
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #3  
Bikini Season :)

oh god i know! i have a pair of pants that i couldnt get up over my thighs or butt, now i can, and i can button and zip them - but i have a raging muffin top!!! but... they make my legs and butt look better than my other pants...

i just starting wearing loose tops and hoping no one notices!!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/170/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi Ufi,
I hear ya on the muffin top rant. But as Kate said it does go down with time, just keep at it. I also take comfort in looking around my gym, work and other surroundings and ya know what I see...20somethings, other 30somethings and others that are thinner/fitter/leaner than me and they have it too. The only remedy that I can think of is fat loss and muscle gain to get lean.

I have it too. But I found that if I find the proper size and fit in pants/skirts for my body and then just try on tons of every style in my size I'll find what fits my body. I may be a larger size than I want, but a proper fit can make you look much slimmer too. The fashion industry does not have uniform sizing, so I shop by what fits my body the best not the size on the tag. For me right now I'm a size 10 in most dress pants, Dockers and skirts, but I'm a size 12 in jeans. Go figure.

Try a shopping trip where you try things that you wouldn't normally even consider. I've found a lot of cute things that way.

Hang in there and Don't give up!

Jenn

Last edited by ViolinJenn; 11-16-2008 at 04:29 PM.
ViolinJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/204/160

Height: 5'6"

We're at almost the same weight and from what you're describing, have a very similar, very FRUSTRATING build! In addition to continuing weight loss programs, I have found slightly higher-wasted pants help hide it. Low rise pants only look good on tiny girls! Also, have you ever tried Spanx? They're like underwear that hold you in. They can really help when you're wearing something more form fitting.
McLauren84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #6  
:)

S/C/G: 167/140/120

Height: 5'2"

We can be angry together! ARGH!!

I dont like muffin tops either...
BumpSetSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I completely agree about slightly higher waisted pants fitting better. Low waisted jeans and trousers look great on (in my opinion) the under sz. 6 crowd. That isn't me yet. That being said, I found fabulous "dress jeans" made by Lee at JC Penney. They are super cute on and are not "mom jeans" at all. They just fit me.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #8  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I did try on some muffin-snug underwear, but it didn't make enough difference to justify being uncomfortable.

I was hourglass in my pre-muffin days. Now, it's like someone stuck one of those blow-up pool toys around my middle.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Gosh, that's how I feel lately also. Maybe our bodies are just morphing and eventually we'll be properly proportioned? At this point, my hips and waist are only about 4-5" different which is TOTALLY unusual compared to my previous body shape.

I probably need to start becoming more focused on my abdominal work...yoga....pilates....something.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Urg. I know the feeling. And right now I have this ring of jiggly fat around my middle. So annoying. Just enough to pooch over the top of my jeans and make me feel yucky.

*sigh*

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

I'm in the same club as you guys
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Blazers and vests help hide muffin tops, jeans/pants that fit a little higher - plus they are in fashion, buy them an inch or so below the belly and they act as girdles in a way. Darker clothes on top, nothing light,not tight. No thin fabric in shirts, thicker helps. On weekends you can wear casual sweat shirts. Don't tuck in shirts. Stretch shirts for work, darker colors, never tight. If you wear lighter colors keep them inside the blazers, vests. Black is your best friend. Tummys are harder to hide then some other figure problems but there's tricks.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I've noticed that my body tends to constantly lose from the top...then realign. (I'm bless with a pretty balanced "hourglass" most of the time. I suspect the muffin is here to stay...although mine is definitely smaller....

Sometimes when I realign I notice that my bottom gets smaller and the scale is moving much.

It will happen...we tortured our bodies with the excess weight...some of this is the body's revenge. (And lets not forget that some folks who have never been particularly overweight have these same issues as well.)
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote