Old 11-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  
RosieKate

Default Back in Kindergarten #63

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #2  
RosieKate

Thanks for all the good thoughts..MIL's angiogram went very well. They could not find any blockages...so NO surgery! Yay! They did find a little heart disease, but not enough to do anything about, so she'll need to work on lifestyle to prevent the spread, I guess. She said," I imagine my cardiologist is going to want a little chat with me!"

I ate like it was going out of style yesterday, so today it is time to get back on the wagon!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning all, notice I did not put "Good" in that!! lol

Its just been a bad morning..............

It was going fine and then..............the flood gates opened..........and by that I mean my lovely freaking "visitor" if you wanna call her that, she is more like a permanent resident!!! Anyways, she came back in Hurricane force this morning and could she wait until I got home from work? Oh no.............she had to do it right before I was to get off of work!

So I go to the bathroom and to be nice it was not pretty. Basically it looked like a murder scene and I had forgotten to bring my phone. I brought pads, but didn't bring the phone because I figured it would be ok.......huh NOTTT!

So I have to clean myself up the best I can with TP and of course you think anybody would have been in the bathroom that I could have yelled at to go and get my coworker for me? UM NO! So I clean up the best I can and then go scurrying back to my desk to get my change of undies I keep in my drawer, (TG I do!!!) and go back to the bathroom and change and clean up...........

This was all on my last break and of course I was late getting back, but that isn't what peed me off. I inform my coworker that I "may or may not" be in tonight. (Depends on how um everything is going) and she says, "WHY?" UGH. And yes she knew what had happened, because I told her when I came back for my stuff. I dunno I guess it is totally stupid to get mad at her for that, but I did. lol.

I guess I really was not mad at her, but I can't really yell at my period!!! lol. I didn't say anything to my coworker though, but I began to cry (felt so stupid) and she came over to ask what was wrong and all I could say was, "please leave me alone" I had to say it like 3 x's but she got the message and I was not mean about it (or at least I don't think I was???) so I dunno. I am just SO frustrated with this freaking period! It has been this way since day one of my period and as I get older, the worse it gets! The only things they can do for me is either A) put me on the pill or B) do a hysterectomy and those won't work since DH and I want children.............

Everytime I call the drs office up they always tell me to go straight to the ER because of how much blood I lost. Well I do that and the ER doesn't do freaking crap! So its a waste of my time and money!!!

So that is why I am feeling the way I am in a "nutshell" lol.

I did email my boss and told him about me being late for my last break (just told him it was a personal medical problem, didn't wanna say um I bled all over the place.....) and I also asked him if there was any way possible for me to be off tonight, I know its last minute, but I figured I would ask him, heck all he can say is no, right? But my coworker will be there, so really there is no reason for me not to be able to be off. Yes I could call off, but that counts against me. If he lets me off, then it doesn't. Confusing I know.......but our freaking co. is anal about attendance...........

Well I am going to bed now..........

Thanks for listening and thank you all for your wonderful compliments and also for making me feel better after reading them...........

Update: My boss left me a voice mail stating that yes I can be off tonight, so I don't have to go back until Sunday Night because tonight would have been my Friday!!!!! YAY!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-18-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Katy~Thats good about your MIL!! Well, not about the heart disease though

Sassy~Ugh..I've had that happen to me before. I was in school, and bled through everything..I had to walk around with my friend's sweater around my waist for the rest of the day. Sorry!! I hope you feel better Have you talked to your doc about the heavy periods?? Dont go to the ER, cuz they dont really do crap except give you meds..but talk to your doc.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Sassy - sounds like you need some extra time off, I am glad your supervisor agreed too! Take it easy.

Mindee- Gaby loves her 1 blanket that she has since she was a new born, it is the blanket that Angie made for her.....that and her Dora pillow. My older sister kept her white blankie the longest, ended up just being the size of a hankie. lol

Katy - Great news about your MIL!! Thanks for the new thread

Francie - how did the hair turn out?

hello to the rest of you ladies .....Cristina, Jules, Sue, Asia, Tammy, Kristi, Pippy!

It is a beautiful day here in Astoria. I have been driving around looking for rentals and found one to call on, actually I did but it was just a message machine. It is right across from the Flavel house, I would love to live there, just walk out your door and have all this history around you.

Piggy couple of days for me but I am hovering below 145 ...I still need to get back on track. Really I am just tired of the whole thing....lol

Drama w/ Gaby's father and of course we aren't surprised. Actually I am but my ex husband says I a gullible......and whatever.

k- not in a cheerful mood obviously so I shall wish you all a wonderful Tuesday and check back in one my nose is back on straight.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-18-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #6  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~LOL!! I didnt straighten my hair last night..so when I woke up this morning, it looked like a birds nest!! LOL!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

Susan...forgot you were looking to move, what is wrong with the place you are in now? Can't remember...Sorry the ex is a pain in the arse.

Katy...yes, thank you for starting the new thread. And that is wonderful news about your MIL.

Tammy...how did the wedding go?

Sassy...glad the boss let you off.

Hiya Francie, and everyone else.

Not in such a great mood...been a little blah and pissy for a few days. I have been getting my exercise in...only thing that keeps me sane right now. I've got in all my exercise for the day...90 minutes, but I am going to take a walk outdoors anyway, once it warms a little more. Just liking walking outside...clears the mind and good for the soul.

Have a good Tuesday!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Lets all be pissy together Cristina!!!

Francie - I bought some conditioner from Deals Only that was $1.99. Finese...without the complete label on it...thinking that is why they sold it cheap but I swear I can't even comb the dang thing now.

I look horrible!! Hard to believe,,,but yes,,,it is true. lol

Crsitina - I can't afford $800 a month, I was planning on moving in the summer but not sure if I can last that long. I have an $8000 PERS thing I thought of cashing in (course I won't get near that amount cashing in early but still...anything would help). Also school and work are in Astoria.

oops, work in 15 minutes!! And I need to change in my uniform

adios.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~OMG!!! That is horrible!!! LoL!! Stop using it.

Well..my toilet is broken!!!!!!!!! I have no effin clue what is wrong with it. First it wasnt filling up..so I looked at the tank to see what I can do..and I swear, that is the weirdest looking thing ever. Its not like anything I've ever seen before. I did something to it, and now it fills up. But the damn thing still wont flush!!! I have noooooooooo clue what else to do!!! And the sucky thing is..I didnt realize it wouldnt flush until AFTER I went, lol. So now I have until Fonzo gets home. But whatever..he's the EN, he should be able to fix it.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

popping in here while I can.......today is my long day since Tommy has his Lodge night.

My house smells nice and good......I just made some more apple crisp and it just got done! I have been so busy since I got up this morning. I actually fell back to sleep when I sat down to watch the weather channel this morning to see what it is going to be like today. I woke up roughly an hour later and kind of had to scurry to get the boys up, Brandon changed and got them a tuna fish sandwich per their request. Then I got Marissa up since she fell back to sleep like I did! Now all is quiet on this end, so I am hoping that they are taking naps!

I am not sure about dinner.....Logan threw a fit for ot dogs as he calls them, last night.....so I pulled a pack out in case he wanted them tonight. I might pop in one of my frozen pizza's and call it a night.

I am not sure if I mentioned this here or not, but I am looking into going to school. I got information from a local college about their online programs, so if I find one that peaks my interest and I get in, then I am going to be doing the whole program online. And I think the area that has peaked my interest, at least recently it has, has been medical transcription/medical billing. And if that is the one I go with, I think they have some companies who will let you do it from home. If I can get into the college, get my degree, and get hired by one of those places I will feel like I am contributing more since I will be bringing in some money to help with things around here!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #11  

oops! forgot to do my personals in my last post.

Katy~ Thanks for starting a new thread! that is such great news to hear about your MIL and her not needing surgery!

Francie~ Have you tried calling the office manager to have them send over a maintenance person? That is what we do when something in our apartment isn't working.

Sassy~ I hope you can get every thing under control, and yay for having tonight off!!!

SuzieQ~ I have a blanket and a puppy that were my brothers before he passed away. I have the blanket some where, and Marissa has the puppy in her crib. I tried giving it to the boys, but they didn't want it. I put it in Marissa's crib and when I was cleaning out her crib one day, I pulled out the puppy and put it with a couple of other things that she didn't want in her crib anymore. She walked up behind me, stood next to the bed, grabbed the puppy and walked over to her crib. I asked her if she wanted it in her bed still, and she gave me a smile from ear to ear and then handed it to me.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Checking back before signing off...

Susan...gotcha...couldn't remember if you mentioned it or not, I am sure you did...just my memory is gone I swear. Hoping you find a place close that you love!

Francie...sorry about the toilet.

Gotta run...have a good day
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #13  

Cristina~ How are you doing?

just about to make dinner.....the kids want hot dogs, so it is looking like hot dogs and maybe some rice for them.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just have a minute...but wanted to say to Mindee- My DD has her own transcription business from home. She wanted to be home when her kids were in school so took an at home course and went to work for another lady. When the gal wanted to sell DD bought her out. It has allowed her to stay home and now her son is 22 and her daughter graduates this year. She says she hasn't made big bucks, but certainly has helped out their family. Plus she really likes it. If she needs to go to an appointment or her church duties she can take time off...she just works later that night. Way back then I think the home study course cost her around $500 used from another transcriptionist. Then the lady she worked for taught her a lot. This is medical...and she has also worked for a hospital at home. Just FYI...there are some companies that hire online, be careful and screen them well.

Okay...done now. Haha. Actually I have been sick again today and was in my chair most of the day. I drank lots of green mint tea and ate soup. Now I am off to bed. Talk to you all later.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #15  

I thought I would stop back in here before I head off to bed.

Sue~ Thanks for that information! I have thought about doing this for some time now, but I think I am going to bite the bullet so to speak and take the plunge. I will be able to still go to school and do my homework and such, while still being a mom and taking care of the kids and being here when Brandon gets on and off the bus.