Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Making the choice to change the way I eat

All Through my WL Journey I ate till I was uncomfortable. . .this week due to exhaustion and being severely overbooked I bought Lean Cuisines for lunch. Today is my first day having them.
I ate it and was not "full" I wasn't hungry but no tummy sirens going off signifying too full too full.
and it's ok not to be full but it's a little wierd
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

i know what you mean, Kier. and i gotta confess something - when i feel 'full' i actually feel 'warm and comforted.' and, of course, that's a problem.!!!! fortunately, now that my stress eating seems to be going away [hope it's PERMANENT!!!!!], that 'full' feeling is coming to me with MUCH LESS food. thank goodness!

and returning to slow bites has helped as well. i had been starting to put the next forkful into my mouth before swallowing the last mouthful! very very bad idea!!!!! that 'one bite too many' thing came back and bit me more than once!!

mindful eating. mindful eating. mindful eating. <sigh>
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Oh Kiers I am right there with you and Jiffy. I'm finding it harder to maintain than to do the losing. I'm constantly trying to slow down my eating, take small bites, chew the heck out of stuff, before I cram another bite into my mouth. Today has been a horrible day. I have been ravenous all day. I packed my lunch and planned my food out and all I could thing about was food. Now I'm gassy and mad!! Great combination. So I've been trying to analyze why it has all been this way and.........I DON'T HAVE THE LEAST IDEA. I've got to get into the Beck book more. I really think that I started out with too much carbs!!! And today was stressful and I never felt full one time. I know I was because of 1/2 to 3/4 c. of food at a time. Not enough water again!!!!! I'm done complaining. I mess up but life isn't over so gonna get right back up!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 415/238/220

Height: 5' 11"

I've only had one fill and I find I can eat almost whatever I want, if i go slow enough which is really bad. Weighing myself each day and looking at my scars and thinking look what you did and you haven't lost a pound. That has done more to keep me on track, for now, Everyday is a struggle. Now if i can only start my long awaited exercise program, I'd be golden.
JustWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:28 AM   #5  
LOVES BEING A LOSER!!!

S/C/G: SW219/CW118/GW126

Height: 5ft3in Surgery date is Saturday 6th December 2008 7.30am Roux-en-Y gastric Bypass (RGB)

This is what I am worried about, The maintaining of the weight. I know its gonna be soo hard because I find it hard now, Thats why I am having the surgery, but its the thought of NOT slipping back to my old ways once I have lost the weight. Its quite Scary to say the least.
I guess only time will tell, But the way I am thinking right now is, NO WAY will I ever, but Its easier said than done.
Lipgloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 350/215/180ish

Height: 5'6

I know there are days that I will eat faster and then other days that I don't. For me it's basically "too much to do in one day" and I'm always in a hurry with whatever I do. I have to remind myself that I have to slow down.

My Dr. has told me to weigh and measure all of my food. He also told me that if I have that full or stuffed feeling that means that I've over eaten. I still stick to my 2oz. or 1/4 cup of food. This does fill me up if it's dense protein. If I'm having something that slides right down like yogurt or chilli then I can eat more.

Sometimes I worry about maintainance. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Chrissy
FlourGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #7  

Ladies, let me recommend the book The Beck Diet Solution. This is not a diet plan, but cognitive behavior training to deal with eating for reason other than hunger. There is a very active thread on this under General Diet here. It is a 6-week (or however long it takes you) program to deal with this.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I like the beck book and will be revisiting in in January (not for food reasons I have a lot of projects going on and not enough time)

I think I'm jumping on the packaged food train. . .having the portion in front of me and not needing to think about it is beautiful.
Chrissy a great way to make yogurt not so slideable 2 tablespoons of ground flax good fiber good protein and it's satiating without being bloaty
Old 11-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #9  

Default Kiers and Lipgloss

Hey Kiers: I have just started the Beck Diet Solution. I'm having trouble with only able to eat 1/2 cup at a time and it only lasting for a couple of hours. Then I'm starving again. Hoping the Beck Diet Solution help with some of that. I'm pretty darn active and I don't think 1/2 c. is doing it for me. Of course like FP said, 1/2 c. of yogurt goes through pretty darn fast. I know it will all work out. Packaged food? Like frozen entrees or a food service. I know I need more fiber, but don't know exactly where to put it in at!?!?! That is why I'm packing and carrying very little cash when I'm out on a job.

Lipgloss: Don't get scared, aware that your head will get you in trouble if you don't deal with it. Wish they could operate on my head like they do your stomach and I wouldn't have to worry about it! LOL!! I really do like my life and being healthier and thinner and if I have to strip down to my undies and wrestle my demon, FOOD, well.......then I will. I'm not going back to where I was!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

This week I am doing frozen dinners for lunch because I had no time to cook post Pennsylvania. Thenagain My stomach can hold a cup now so that's actually not a bad thing.
By Prepackaged I meant portioned
I like the half cups of cottage cheese, yogurt, I prepack my flax or kashi
I'm going to get some peanuts or soynuts and add about 1/8 cup of them to 1/4 cup of kashi maybe 1/8 of raisins too
if you're out and about the babybel cheeses are good
I make just about anything into a muffin
quiche, breakfast bars if you go into the south beach diet forum under ph 2 breakfasts check out the nessa bar recipe. I make muffins out of that

Nan we're never going back to what we were we've worked too hard!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #11  

Thanks Kiers! I'm trying to write down when I think I'm hungry and what precipitated it. Is it real hunger or not? Or just balogne! See all my thoughts are about food. LOL! It is cold here today and my fingers are frozen. I'm trying to think of something else to drink besides hot tea. Got any suggestions? I made a splenda sweetened hot chocolate mix, but it has about 80 cal per cup so it is a treat for me not something I can use regularly.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I do like the NSA Swiss Miss hot chocolate. Don't get nestle it's Nastastic
A "meal Like" option would be hot broth or hot soup with the stuff removed
hot water with Lemon and cloves? add some whiskey and that's my fave adult beverage!
or try some different teas
Celestial seasonings gets some fun decaf holiday teas
Bigelow Constant Comment (regular or unleaded is great)
or if you want something comforty I think Celestial seasonings makes GingerSnappish
I bet it would taste like a cookie with Splenda Vanilla and a dash of cinamon 0 calories baby!
need to get splenda vanilla!

This is goign to sound crazy but it's something my former alt med guy would have me do
get the cayenne supplements (not for the faint of heart) Crack open in 1/2 oz of water and shoot it
it will raise your temp! I have to get some!

Last edited by KO; 11-18-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #13  

Red Pepper!!! My hat is off to you tough girl!!! I didn't even think about broth! I drink every kind of tea imaginable. I have a whole tea cupboard and if you open the door it all jumps out at you. I think the Diet Swiss Miss is the on my daughter is crazy about and is pretty good. My homemade has NAS Nestles; powdered milk; lite Creamora; and Splenda. It is good, but I'm wanting something that isn't caloric. I'm gonna try warm water and lemon, no calories and good for keeping the kidney stones away. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Actually after i reccommended it, I googled it just to see and according to a few sites it dilates your blood vessels and makes your handies and feeties (yes I'm 4) warmer
you probably don't need to shoot it you could try the capsules or just be liberal in putting it on your food
Old 11-19-2008, 03:18 PM   #15  

Well....today is another day. I ate breakfast at 5:30 a.m. It was actually a grilled cheese turkey pepperoni sammie. Couldn't eat the crust, but could eat some of the bread because there was a good amount of cheese soaked into the bread. Lunch wasn't until 1:00 and I was starved. I had to go shopping for something for my next job and ended up at BigLots and got me an Atkins protein bar and a bag of lemon-pepper starkist tuna!!! Whole thing cost me $1.50. I ate the protein bar went shopping and came back out and started on the tuna. I didn't take enough water with me and the meeting ran longer than I thought it would so I was cold and hungry. I didn't get to pack today because got called in early. I'm going home and drink some hot tea and then about a fourth of an apple for some fiber and try and keep the munchies away. I went into the office today and my coworker has the same kind of back thing going on that I have and she is about 50 lbs overweight. She kept offering me donuts, candy, coffee and other crap. I finally talked with her about her back and told her that was what spurred my weightloss decision. I haven't told them about my WLS and I'm not going to. But I can see she is in for a lot of misery with her back and for me it is barely manageable with weightloss! I hate to see her suffer. Well, tea is ready. Hope you are doing your thing today and it is going well.