Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #1  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Default Exercise in the A.M.

I was thinking of going to bed earlier so I could wake up earlier to do my exercise in the morning. I was wondering what effect this would have on me for the rest of the day... I'm new to exercise so it's really hard work for me. Will it make me tired for the rest of the day?
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

It seems logical but I find the opposite to be true.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Nope. You'll be more energized!! Be sure to eat breakfast immediately afterwards.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #4  
Mentally ready

Thanks I'm going to try it tomorrow morning
Old 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

exercising in the morning gives me more energy to get through the day. it's a great way to start your day!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #6  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Just remember to try it for a few days to give it a fair trial. The first night you may not be able to get sleep earlier, getting up will be tougher, etc. It always takes a few days to start a new habit. So try not to give up after the first day!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I typically get up earlier in the morning to exercise. I love the way I feel during the day if I do it. I have also learned my triggers - if I fall back asleep after DH gets up I won't likely get up to exercise, or if I stay up a little too late. I always regret it when I don't do it. I'm trying to get in sync with doing my weight training in the mornings as well, but right now it is mostly cardio, yoga, kickboxing, that kind of thing. I'm not hungry right after I finish up, so I typically drink a lot of water, hit the shower immediately, then eat after that. I have a hard time eating right after exercise no matter what time of day it is.

I have learned that it is much easier to get the exercise in when I start the day with it. Less excuses. Also, I feel more tired when I don't get up and do it.

Today I'm coming down with a head cold by all appearances. I exercised anyway and felt really great for most of the morning before cold symptoms came back.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 11-18-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #8  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

I like to exercise in the morning to go ahead and get it over with! That way no matter what happens for the rest of the day I have at least gotten my exercise in!
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #9  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygurl View Post
I like to exercise in the morning to go ahead and get it over with! That way no matter what happens for the rest of the day I have at least gotten my exercise in!
This is the most true for me, too.

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating here: When I exercise in the morning I'm usually at least half-way done before my brain really wakes up and has a chance to protest!

Another benefit for me is that exercising in the morning keep me on a more even emotional plane all day: I can handle stress better, and so on.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #10  
Mentally ready

Oh sweet info girls, thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I hate excercise but I do it every morning just after the kids go to school. Not only do I get it out of the way, but I also feel more energized. If I work out at night then I have trouble sleeping. I have noticed that since I have started excercising I haven't needed my usual 4:00 nap.
fattgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #12  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I'm probably in the minority here, but it makes me tired through the rest of the day. I prefer to do my workouts in the evening. But then again, I'm totally NOT a morning person, so to each its own.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #13  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I started this when I started exercising. I have found that it works perfectly for me.
That being said, I limit my morning routine to strength and balance routines - fitness ball, stretchie band, weights, yoga, pilates.

I save my cardio for later in the day.

I have come to really enjoy my early morning routine and actually look forward to it most days - even if the alarm does ring a half hour earlier
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #14  
FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but it makes me tired through the rest of the day. I prefer to do my workouts in the evening. But then again, I'm totally NOT a morning person, so to each its own.
I'm in the minority too. I look forward to my evening exercise throughout the day, treat it as sort of a reward for getting my other work done. For that reason I just joined a 24 hour gym, bliss. If I exercise in the A.M., which I still do when necessary, I find I'm pretty tired throughout the day.

Last edited by FB; 11-18-2008 at 09:19 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #15  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I have been desperatly trying to get myself up in the morning to work out. I get on the treadmill for at least 45 minutes 4 nights a week after work and do weight training. My goal was to get up and do 30 minutes on the treadmill in the morning as well as some stretching. That way if I couldn't fit it in at night I didn't have to worry, and if I do have time then that's just extra calories burned for that day. I have set my alarm for 2 weeks straight (for 5:30am...ugh) and EVERY time I turn off my alarm, reset it for my normal time and go back to sleep. I'm awake enough to have the debate with myself but my body always feels SO tired that early and I just can't imagine getting started. I regret it for the rest of the day, since all I do is sit at a desk. I'm going to keep trying, though.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote