General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Anyone from Chicago, or know things to do there?

Will be taking a day trip down to Chicago. Can ppl around the area tell me must see's and must do's while there? Thanks!! Looking for great places to eat, just look around, and great places for shopping! Thanks
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i don't live in chicago..but i use to visit a lot since my grandparents lived there. I personally love the shedd aquarium. If you have kids the museum of science and industry is cool (hands on museum). Also, if you go after turkey day, then check out what use to be marshall fields..its now a macy's they always have neat window display. However, I have to admit, since it became macy's and not marshalls i don't think the window displays were as good. But still neat to look at. Also, check out miracle mile. Its a mile of all the high end shops. Downtown chitown is just fun. Check out the lincoln park zoo or go to the pier...so much to do in chitown and not enough time!

as for eating..i always loved palermo's pizza. Nothing like a good chicago pizza. must have a deep dish while there (ok so kill the diet for one day, worth every bite)

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 11-17-2008 at 09:27 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Loved shopping on Michigan Ave. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum were great. Oh, and don't forget the Sears Tower.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Ditto to Michigan Ave, the Pier, and the Aquarium. I also love the zoos (Lincoln Park is FREE), wonderful theater options (check out Hottix for half price tickets), the art museum is fabulous!

For food - I could write a book on this subject (and I am a vegetarian).

Stay away from the chains, and look for ethnic cuisine - so many, many amazing choices!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #5  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

I went to school in western IL, so I've been to Chicago a few times. Check out the Art Institute for sure. Also Macy's/ex-Marshall Field's is worth it just for the insane escalators! The Museum of Science and Industry is cool, and the Lincoln Park Conservatory is lovely. Umm, food, Sultan's Market is really yummy and inexpensive. And again, Michigan Ave. for shopping! If you enjoy the theater, I saw Wicked in Chicago, and it was AMAZING.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

oh yeah...i love sears tower and the art museum is very nice..especially if you like Chagall...they have several large stained glass pieces of his.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks for all the replies so far! CountingDown, do you have a top 3 fav places for food? We are looking for breakfest and lunch places.

Does anyone know if Navy Pier is decorated for Christmas yet?

GatorgalstuckinGA: Palermo's sounds good. I've seen their pizza's in the frozen section at food stores, and I bet fresh is way better!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/127.5/130

Height: 5'8"

If you are looking to have pizza, you must indulge in Lou Malnatis. I can say that I'm 99% sure that a lot of the weight I gained was strictly from that place alone. We used to eat it once a week. Of course I couldn't just have a slice or two...my husband and I would split a large. Anyways, I would definitely try Lou's deep dish cheese but just keep it in moderation :-)
KRy172 is offline   Reply With Quote