Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 07:36 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #152

Please Join us! We are here to support each other through encouragment and prayer! Everyone is welcome.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:45 AM   #2  

IN NEED OF PRAYER!!!!!! A 15yr old girl who is a friend of my DD has just found out she has hodgkin's lymphoma. She is going in today to have a portal put in to do the chemo. Please pray for a full recovery. This family has gone through a lot this last year with one of there other children she is going through testing to find out what is wrong with her. They are in need of lots of prayers!
The Lord be with you,
Sami
Old 08-06-2002, 07:52 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Sami, oh gosh, my prayers are with the entire family and friends and especially the little girl. No word can express.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Off for another hectic day at work. I shouldn't complain, I have a good job and everything, and I've been blessed sooooo much. I just pray the stress will leave soon ( I guess when my boss goes on vacation it will haaaaaaaaa).

Eating wise, I'm not doing to good, I've been neglecting asking the Lord for help.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Love, Leens
Old 08-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Where is everyone ?

Well good afternoon to you all, and have a great day.

Love, Leens
Old 08-07-2002, 11:47 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

Hi Everyone-
Been busy the last few nights working at our vicarage-- the house we have for the pastors in training we have each year. Two years of school then internship at our church, back to school for a year then they get their call. They usually pass one another in the doorway as one comes and the other leaves us so we never get the chance to do needed repairs. This year however, we have 10 days 'cause the new vicar is still on his honeymoon so I am taking the opportunity to completely re-do the drywall and re-paint etc. We have a crew of volunteers coming in on Sat. I hope!!
Got all the plumbing repairs and fixtures done on my house finally. My plumber is a friend of mine and really good and fast but it still costs a small fortune for new showers etc. Next week we start the new tile--ouch!!
My prayers to all of you that requested-- I am so sorry for all of those hurting. A project manager on my current job told me today that the dr.'s have to amputate his 12 year old sons arm. The boy fell out of a tree on the 4th of July, broke it, they put it in a cast and it got infected so now he will lose it--- so sad.
Well I am off to the dinner table since it is almost 9:00
In His Trusted Arms- Gary
Old 08-11-2002, 07:49 PM   #6  

Blessing today,
I am so happy to say I am down another 2 lbs!!!!!!! I feel I am going to make it this time. I have even gone down a size. My Friends DD that just found out she had cancer had the pet scan and it shows a goose egg size spot in the chest area. They feel that 6 months of chemo will take care of it and 3 years of follow up. Please keep her in your prayers her name is Megan. How is everyone doing? It is quite around here I hope to hear from all of you.
Sami
Old 08-11-2002, 09:03 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone,

I'm kinda new around these boards. I've been posting on the Christian buddy forum a lot. They are very encouraging over there too!

I've been seriously losing weight since 6/3. Up to 21#'s so far. Yeah!

I'm glad that I found this website. Love the recipes. I'm making the Black Bean dish tomorrow for dinner. Yummy! Can't wait!

Hope you all have a great week eating right and exercising. Don't forget to ask God to help you in everything you do, even eating.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:54 AM   #8  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! It's back to the usual after a week away. DH and I went to Winnipeg and spent some quality time together. It was great. We did a lot of walking and a bit too much eating. I gained 1 lb. last week. Yesterday we went to the camp where our DS is counselling and connected with him. He's having a blast. One more week and then he's home again only to leave for school a couple of weeks later.

Maxwell: Welcome! You sound like you're right on track. I hope we can be an inspiration to each other.

Sami: A dress size already? You go girl!! I will pray for Megan. This is not an easy time for any of you. I will also pray for the little girl with lymphoma. Do you remember me asking for prayer for my DS's friend Shawn? He's the one with Hodgkin's disease. His tumour was the size of a football when they found it and after a few weeks of chemo it was down to the size of a chicken egg. He is now taking his radiation and after that we'll see. He looks like he's in great health. There is good news sometimes. I hope this is the case for both of your prayer requests.

Gary: You are one busy guy. You should have your weight lost in no time with all that activity.

Leens: I hope you're having a good day. Job stress is not good. I hope you can conquer it.

I hope you all have a great day!!
Old 08-12-2002, 01:22 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Sami, congrats on the weight loss, how much have you lost ?
I don't know when I'll ever lose weight. I feel like I can every day but then I don't. Years ago I lost 150 lbs, kept it off for 13 years but regained 80 in the past 4 years........oh why !!

I am trying to give my whoes to the Lord but I keep forgetting to pray to Him to help me in this part of my life. Wish I had someone to pinch me every time I sit down at a meal haaa

I've also been trying to keep myself happy as far as looks goes. I completely let myself go, so on Friday I got my hair cut, and last night I painted my nails.........gotta feel purty - Right

Gotta run

HELLO EVERYONE.

Love, Leens
Old 08-13-2002, 02:06 PM   #10  

Unhappy Sunny Day everyone!

Good afternoon dear friends around computer land.

Hot, sticky, 98 degrees in Southern Ontario Canada for 3rd. day in a row, we need rain! But then, tis summer and my complaining angers those folks who hate winter (of which I'm not one).

My prayers are going up, for those I read in need.

I too have gained some weight over these past two weeks, how much, shall find out Thursday evening. To all you losers, way to go everyone! All I can say is I'm eating right and thats a good thing. I'm keeping on, keeping on. Will attend a different weight watchers meeting this week see if a different leader can motivate this ole gal. I observe at the summer functions, the people able to eat wonderful things with envy. So much good food lying about, too little will power to stop at just one bite.

God Bless each of you on your "walk" to Heaven.
I'll check in on Thursday.

Sister Joanne,
Southern Ontario Canada
Old 08-14-2002, 08:45 PM   #11  

Angry Hi Guys!

Wow, I finished reading all the posts, Congrats Sami down a dress size, you'll get in the gown for sure. I have been away two weeks, I went camping the 1st week, then did a bible conference, where I helped out teaching little kids which was great, it was sponsored by our church. Pastor had surgery on his femur last friday, He had a bone biopsy done on the 4 lessions that showed on the mRI. We haven't heard any results yet, but pray it is benign, He will have a tough road with the treatment of his melanoma, Sorry to cut this short tired from reading will try to post again tom. It is so hot, I feel drained. I worked yesterday, today, tom. then I amoff 2 more weeks, I am suppose to do an outreach program with the kids from the church, hopefully it won't get cancelled, God Bless Thanks for all the prayers, and sorry to hear about Megan, and the boy with the infected arm, Your allin my thoughts and prayers! luv ya!
Old 08-16-2002, 11:09 AM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Default It's so quiet here!

I have also been a slacker when it comes to posting. I've had a really good week so far so I'm looking forward to weighing in on Sunday. Hopefully I'll have lost something. I'm back to walking again and I am really enjoying it. It's not supposed to rain today so I'll try to get outside to walk today.

I have a little over a week of holidays left and then it's back to work. This summer has flown by. Youngest DS comes home next week from working at camp and then both boys go off to school in a couple of weeks. It'll be really quiet around here but they're both going to Bible school and feel God leading them into different fields.

Have a great day!
Old 08-16-2002, 09:21 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good evening,
Well, I am about the biggest slacker out there.......I think I have missed this thread for almost 2 months now. This has been a rugged summer with the kids, I think boredom has set in and now all they do is fight and pick on mom. But I did want tko check in - I do stop and read the posts from time to time and remember your prayer requests. It is good to see some new friends here and "old" ones too!!!!!
Hopefully I will get more of a chance to visit in the fall once the kids are back in school.
Take care!
Ginny
Old 08-18-2002, 10:01 PM   #14  

Hello Everyone

Haven't posted for a few days. Where is everyone?
Hope everyone is ok.

Wanted to thank everyone for their prayers, and let everyone know how things are. My husband is working hard over the last week and a half. He got his first check friday. Praise the Lord It was only two days worth but boy was it nice to have some money comming in .

Thanks again and God Bless
Old 08-19-2002, 07:34 AM   #15  

Blessing to all. Well School starts for my younger children tue....It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!! My 3 younger children go to a christian school and we got the new fees last night we won't be over eating because we won't be able to afford it!!!!! I have lost 19 lbs so far stayed the same this week. I got to go I leave for work in 10 min and I am not dressed yet! am lifting you in pray. Will post more later!
Have a blessed day!
Sami
Closed Thread