Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 03:05 PM   #1  

Unhappy blah to excersize!

Okay here is the deal. I get up at 5am to make my honey his lunch, and then I get ready and leave for work. I get home at about 5:45 and need to make dinner etc. By the time I am finished all of my domestic duties, I am so exhausted that I just go to bed. Where in all of that can I stick excersize so that I am not wired for sound when I try to go to bed and so that I am not getting up any earlier? I am trying not to use my busy schedule as an excuse, so any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old 08-15-2002, 04:26 PM   #2  

Default Ummm

How about your have "your honey" make his own lunch in the morning? Then you can exercise in the morning. Or.. split the domestic duities so you have time for yourself.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:23 PM   #3  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Get Your Honey to do his bit! Find somewhere to exercise that is on your route home and take an hour for yourself!

The exercise will relax you, not key you up. You will feel more refreshed and capable, not knackered and drained, and you will sleep more soundly, so you won't lose sleep. You will become less tense, more able to deal with pressures of home and work life AND you will feel happier with yourself for having done somthing for YOU.

If you honey complains try comparing it to whatever it is he does for relaxation, a beer of an evening, time out with his buddies for a few in a pub, tinkering with his car, WHATEVER!

Go on, you deserve it, we all do!

Stef
Old 08-15-2002, 06:35 PM   #4  

Default Wow

Thanks for the suggestions and support! I will try taking an hour after work for myself. I am the worst for thinking of excersize as work......relaxation sounds great!

Thanks so much!
Old 08-16-2002, 08:15 AM   #5  

I can certainly relate to your predicament, even though not your schedule (at this point in time, anyway) ... and from my experience, the problem with exercising after such a long day is quite difficult -- like you say, you're already bushed and it's so easy to blow it off ... not to mention, I'm sure by that time your mind is on fixing dinner, etc!

A couple of other alternatives might be: see if you can fit in a short stretching routine in the morning, something to get yourself awake -- something you can without having to get yourself dressed in full workout gear! Also, is there any way you can fit in a short walk or something during the day, during your lunch time? I realize you may not have long for lunch (plus you probably need to eat!) ... but it's an idea.

Also, I know I usually let my husband get away with not doing much of anything around the house because he has a full day of work, often works late and weekends and often brings work home, and I only work part-time (well, of course, that's if you don't count my full-time job of taking care of small children). Unfortunately, I've also allowed him to slack off on helping out at home when I've been working full-time as well, and I consider myself somewhat of a sap for that!

If you feel you must fix his lunch for him, perhaps you could start fixing it the night before ...

But do get moving! Anything you can do WILL help your energy level!
Pen
Old 08-16-2002, 09:22 AM   #6  

Default Thank you

Thank you for you words of encouragement and support. I really do need that the most. I asked last night if he would mind making his lunch the night before and he said of course not.....which was not what I was expecting. Does anyone know if those mini trampolines are good for excersizing?
Old 08-16-2002, 10:04 AM   #7  

Sorry, I don't know anything about mini-trampolines. I'll suggest a possibility for you: think about getting yourself some light dumbells and find a short routine you can do 3 times a week (or you could even alternate upper and lower body routines every day!). I have found that lifting weights really boosts my energy level and feeling of well being. I have a routine that takes only about 20 minutes.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:23 PM   #8  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

About the mini-trampoline...
I am not a runner and never will be (tho my trainer thinks differently - but I do have a mini-trampoline and I find that I can jog in place on it, still work up a good sweat and up my heartbeat and the cushioning of the trampoline is easier on the joints than hard pavement would be.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:12 PM   #9  

I think I want a mini trampoline.......especially now that winter is coming......does anyone know how much they cost roughly....in canadian dollars please???
Old 08-20-2002, 03:20 PM   #10  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

wannabe - apparently there's not alot of sporting goods stores in Alberta selling trampolines. Had a hard time finding something and even on Ebay Canada prices are quoted in US dollars. Only one place I found on the Internet that ships outside of the US - www.bodytrends.com

there is a mini trampoline - the Weider one that I have and another unit called a rebounder. Besides the rebounder costing 5 times!!!! what the mini trampoline does it just looks like it's sturdier but not worth 5 times the price I think! The Weider one looks like it has a weight limit of 175 pounds but I'm 200 and I've used it without a problem. If you weigh more than that, it might not hold up very well.

Here's the comparison from Body Trends website on the 2 models they carry - in US dollars. http://www.bodytrends.com/products/jump/comparison.htm

might want to call around your area to do some checking. Happy shopping...
Closed Thread