General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default finally there is snow

We had a good snow last night. What a relief. It felt so fresh and alive to go for a walk with the dog this morning.
I was finding the endless rain so dreary, so depressing. Was worried I was sinking back to a real low, so hard to make myself do the things I must do to get fit, lose weight and get healthy.
The fluffy white stuff puts a much better perspective on everything.
I love the winter. Will get out my cross country skis later and run around the yard to practice up. It is the only exercise that I enjoy for its own sake.
I know the first good snow will probably not stay for long, but what a nice way to end the weekend.
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh I am so envious of you!! It has been raining here in Maine for it seems like forever. I was just telling my SO that at least if it was snowing we would have something pretty to look at!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I wish it would snow here.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

We have a fair amount of snow here and you are welcome to it! They are calling for up to 5cm over night and then the possibility of freezing rain tomorrow afternoon. I really don't like these transition seasons. This is my daughters first time of winter driving and with how slick the roads have been she has been having problems. Already slid into the ditch and on Friday had a near miss with a logging truck. Oh well once it gets cold and stays cold the roads will get better. And thankfully she is done this semester at the uni after the first week of Dec. At least it is pretty.
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I wouldn't mind some snow! Yesterday was the first day of deer hunting season here, and it's so much easier to see (and hear!) the deer coming with some snow. As it is, I was in the rain all day... and the animals didn't want to be out in it any more than I did. Today is cold and dry, and snow is supposed to be coming soon...
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #6  
Terminating Cellulite

S/C/G: 211.5 / See Ticker / 150 140

Height: 5' 7"

One of my favouritest things is walking in the snow - especially while it is snowing. It is so peaceful and beautiful!
Sarah C0nn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #7  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

The temp here right now is 17 degrees (62 fahrenheit)...I live in northern Canada and everyone here is amazed at the warm temps. I love it, but I figure we will be "hammered" when we finally get the stuff that sticks around.

Edit: just looked at the Weather Network and we are expecting snow on Wednesday..30-40 cm so it looks like we will be "hammered". Darn...back to shoveling!

Last edited by Ookpik; 11-16-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #8  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default more snow

It snowed all day.
angelmae, you will get your snow soon, I'm sure it will come your way soon.
Mayness, we have deer in our back yard, (we have 5 acres) and they sleep under the cedars. You can't have them tho.
Buddly, in northern BC you can't get away from it. She'll be fine, I'm sure your daughter will be wise about driving in the weather.
and Ookpik, we know you will have a ton of snow. I have a midwife friend who was in St. Anthony for a year when she first came to Canada. What an introduction! There was a time when she had to go out her 2nd story window to leave the house, there was so much snow.
Hope we all get some fluffy white stuff, but not too much and that we all have a safe winter. I'm so glad winter is here.

fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 AM   #9  
Clawing my way back

Exactly, Fatmad....I'm not looking forward to it! Luckily I've never had to go out a window to get out of the house, but we do get quite a lot!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

We got about 3 inches here in Michigan today.
To be honest, you can have ours - I like to wait til after Thanksgiving
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #11  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I am sooooo not a fan of snow.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #12  
Clawing my way back

I was happy to see on the Weather Network that Wednesday's snowfall had been reduced from 30-40 cm down to 10. I always say, if the snow would just fall away from the my driveway and the roads, I'd be happy! I've had a couple of accidents over the years where I skid off the road into a ditch, so I am not really a fan of winter.