Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Biggest Loser: Green Team Thread

Hey Green Team!

So here's the deal... every Monday morning weigh yourself, and post your weight here (I've changed it to every Monday instead of every Sunday, it makes more sense, but it MUST be posted by Monday at noon to stay in the game).

Also post your final goal weight, and do the quick math to figure out how many pounds you are from that weight (Current weight [minus] goal weight).

Your team will have to elect a captain (soon!), and that person will add up the numbers:

1. Add together your team's total weight.
2. Add together the total number of pounds that need to be lost to get to everyone's goals.
3. Make a Green Team's total weight, and number of pounds to be lost this week... then next week, add in the total number of pounds lost that week.

Use this thread to get to know your teammates. Get everyone to dish about their eating habits, their workout routines, strengths, weaknesses, what you can bring to the table, and what you need help with. Give each other suggestions, encouragement, new ideas and strategize. Let's see it ladies. Which team can be the Biggest Loser?

Important Note: When you're checking the thread in the future, be sure to check this first post before anything else. It's where updates will be posted about the game!

Last edited by Jelbb; 11-16-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls!! Getting excited to win this Biggest Loser Challenge!?? We are gonna rock this! We're all around for support if you need any. Good luck! I look forward to getting to know you all!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:02 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hello! I am so excited about this and swigging water like crazy to move this water weight!!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/201/135

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! I'm so excited about this idea. I hope it will be just what I need to really get me going on my weight loss! I overindulged a bit last night on tequila (I can't help it! so delicious) So I'm trying to flush everything out with some water today!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Hey guys!

This is really exciting!

I NEVER weigh on Monday mornings, so this should be interesting!

I'm about to go run in my first 5k race in about 20 minutes and I'm REALLY excited! Wish me luck

I'm getting ready to run out the door, but I'll give more info about all this: "Get everyone to dish about their eating habits, their workout routines, strengths, weaknesses, what you can bring to the table, and what you need help with. Give each other suggestions, encouragement, new ideas and strategize." when I get home later tonight!

Shannon

Last edited by quiddkidd06; 11-16-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #6  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Note to all: Hey everyone! When posting your current weight and goal weight, do not post the goal that you have for the end of the 4 weeks. Post your GOAL WEIGHT.
Cheers!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #7  

Ooh wow!! Good luck Shannon!!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #8  

Hi again ladies. Excuse my yapping, but I don't feel like doing my work so I'm going to hijack this thread instead I'm still new to 3FC so I'd love to know a bit about each of you! so that we can help give each other the best support possible in this month to come..

As for me, my name is Beth (shocking) and I'm just starting back out on my weight loss. I'm 5'10 and I'll be 26 this winter. The birthday was my major motivation to join 3FC, because I'm scared that if I don't develop healthy habits soon, I never will. I've done WW in the past, but never really felt comfortable in their online community the way I already do here. I'm living in Italy for the rest of this year, working part time for a communications firm, and attending grad school. Italy has been terrible for me, if only because there are deliciously delectable complex carbohydrates everywhere you look! I don't understand it. The Italians here all eat a whole pizza a day, and are still very very slender. AND, they don't seem to exercise. ever. They are all shocked and confused every time they see me jogging outside... Ridiculously unfair.

I've never been particularly thin. I've spent most of my life yo-yo-ing between 175-185. I find that whenever I break 170, I have major issues with self-sabotage. I wish I could figure out why. Hopefully if (when!) I get down there, you all can help me out. My final goal is to be maintaining at 165. Maintaining has always been the hardest for me, so I'm hoping that by setting my final number a little higher than my ideal, I might actually have a chance of making it stick!

Last year a terrible break up was followed by a broken ankle and I haven't been able to deal with my weight gain.. I've been over 200 at one other point in my life, also following a breakup my senior year in college (yes, definitely a trend here..) I lost the weight that time the unhealthy way, barely eating and definitely not exercising. I don't want to turn to something like that again, so for me this time around is far more about getting healthy, than just losing the weight.

I'm on day 4 of the 30DS and I've just signed up to run a half marathon with my best friend next October in Hawaii. I'm doing the Couch to 5K slowly but surely, and I figure if that can't motivate me, nothing will.

I love to cook, and I'm trying my best to figure out ways to make my favorite recipes a whole lot healthier. But macaroni and cheese doesn't taste right without full fat cheese and a dose of whole milk! ah wait, that was how I got here in the first place.

I can't wait to hear from the rest of you!! Should we start making team guidelines? Like check in here twice a day or something? Also, not going to lie, kind of want a team slogan...

Enjoy the rest of your Sundays everyone!

Last edited by bakabeth; 11-16-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #9  

Good idea quiddkidd! We should all get to know each other & learn about our programs that we are all following.

My name is Andrea, I'm 24 & I have been married for a year & a half. I have struggled with my weight since I graduated from high school. Senior year, I essentially starved myself & got down to 145 & looked GOOOOD! In 2005, I got up to 170 & did Atkins & lost 30 pounds. But of course, as soon as I went off that crazy diet, I gained it all back & much much more.

I got up to 170 again at my wedding & while it wasn't horrible, I really wish I had been as motivated as I am now to lose weight. I'll always have those darn pictures on the walls wishing that I had worked out or something. As soon as we were married, we become junk food-aholics. It was terrible!! The amount of money we wasted on eating out twice a day! But that was when the weight got out of control.

I topped out at 204 & I got scared. I remember finishing a cinnamon roll & totally thinking that I was going to have a heart attack. So stupid, but I think it was good that I got worried. So, I tried all sorts of things & really didn't see any progress. I started Atkins, Weight Watchers, Tae-Bo, & Jazzercise - saw no progress & I stopped.

I finally talked to a girl from church who had lost almost 30 pounds & she got me going on calorie counting & exercising. She may have saved my life!

At this point, I have lost 16 pounds & I am starting to notice a lot of changes. You probably saw my post last night that I got into a size 14 pair of jeans! I was so proud of myself. Since I have started, I have already lost 2 sizes & I'm back in large tops instead of extra large. That feels great!

My routine right now is 1504 calories per day, at least 90oz of water a day, and some kind of exercise. I have just fallen in love with Winsor Pilates. I had to find a great DVD since we're entering winter & there will be too much snow out for me to walk like I usually do. I haven't weighed in a week & I'm going to weigh tomorrow morning. I kind of got stuck at 188 for like 12 days & that was discouraging because I had been steadily losing at least 4oz everyday since I started, so I kicked it up this week & hopefully it paid off.

I'm really excited to get to know all of you & I'm excited to do this challenge. Hope you all are pumped to get started!!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #10  

Chance0421 Looks like we had the same idea at the same time! To add in the info on my plan, I'm still doing WW points right now, although everyone has suggested I might have better luck with calorie counting.. I'm worried all that counting might stress me out! and it is hard to find calorie info here. But we'll see

I used to love Windsor Pilates! I had forgotten about it. I should see if I can dig those out of storage or something.

and CONGRATS!! on the jeans! oh man, that is the best feeling ever. You must have been so stoked. I have a couple pairs of jeans here that I brought with me that do not fit at all here.. I have one pair hanging over my armoire, as a daily reminder of how great it will feel when they fit! yay!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #11  
This is not a test.

bakabeth: im sure it is perfectly possible for you to be very successful using the points rather than calorie counting, especially if its hard to get that information in italy Good luck with your half marathon!! I signed up and did a quarter marathon in early November, its a great motivator for training and exercise, and its an awesome experience.

Chance: Congrats on the jeans!!!! you better be strutting your stuff in them!

Shannon: Good luck! Come back and tell us all the details of your glory!

As for me- I'm Iconised Ghost (people call me Icon, Iconised, Ghost, anything, i dont mind how you shorten it if you want to ), a 21 yr old student from New Zealand. I finished my PGDipSci (Health Psych) this year (touch wood i passed everything, result should be out early december!!) and im starting my masters in science (health psychology) next year. I'm on my summer holiday now, so i have plenty of time to work out and spend time on here

My eating plan is calorie counting, aiming for between 1200 and 1500 a day. I try to eat as much organic, preservative/colouring/other chemical free stuff as i can, more for my skin than my weight. For working out i love love love to do the group weights class at my gym and since my quarter marathon i've become a bit of a running junky So usually i aim to go to the gym around 3 times a week, plus 2 weights classes a week. Sometimes i manage that and sometimes i dont I also do a martial art for two hours three times a week, which is more because i love it rather than because i need it for weight loss

My strengths i guess include my determination, time management and not giving up when i see a gain My weaknesses are definately over eating in the evenings (which i am combating at the moment by cutting it out completely) and not drinking enough water (im just not a natural big drinker!)
Old 11-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #12  
This is not a test.

we need to decide on a captain! Anyone super keen to volunteer themselves? Should we vote?

i was thinking it might be nice to have something "green team"ish to put in our sigs, and in 5 mins i made this

Does anyone have more better-er artistic skills than me? Its sort of...huge for signatures >.<

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 11-16-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #13  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

:O, even though it's big (and im not even on your team) I think that is beautiful:O good job
Old 11-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #14  
This is not a test.

aww thank you i wish i could make it kinda longer...maybe someone with photoshop skills will come and be able to make something out of it
Old 11-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #15  

I can volunteer myself or we can vote. Whatever everybody wants to do is fine with me!

It's nice to get to know you all. I see your names everyday, but don't really know anything about you.

Ghost: I was gonna try a signature too, but I have no idea where to start! =) Art was not my best subject!
Closed Thread