General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile "BABE! They Are Tweezers!!"

Like most southern California males I have plenty of shorts. At last count I had around 10 pair for work and leisure, not counting my running shorts which are pretty much being un-used right now!

Anyway, as most guys, I have a favorite pair that I wear all the time as Angie puts it. I don't think it's ALL the time They are the perfect fit at my knee for length and gray so my spillage stains don't show so much

One slight problem with them Since they are older and stretched out the friggin zipper puller upper thing falls down into where the crotch ends. I can't get it out without taking the shorts off or using something to pull the zipper up.

Well EVIDENTLY Angie's tweezers ARE NOT! A tool for doing that!

How was I supposed to know? I use the ones in my bath to repair all kinds of things around the house

She said, when she caught me, "NOW! I know how my tweezers are dull and I can't pull a hair out! "

I guess I shouldn't have come back with..."Hey, don't be at me. I'm not the one who is 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Irish with a predisposition to have a moustache!"

Well....I better get back to this huge honey-do list she gave me on her way to bell practice and church bazaar duty......

DANG!....me and my big mouth

Hope your husband doesn't do stupid stuff
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #2  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

BEER lover that you are, I can't believe you didn't know the zipper puller upper thing is called a "pull tab".

SLIDER: The device that moves up and down the chain to open or close the zipper.
PULL TAB: The part of the slider that you hold to move the slider up or down.

http://www.zippersource.com/parts/definitions.asp

(Obviously I didn't know and had to look it up!)

How come I never thought about using tweezers?
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #3  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

oh no... never use a tweezer for anything other than tweezing... definitely not for cleaning under finger nails (DH is laughing right now).
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222

Height: 5'8

LOL I am so happy you all have educated me on this subject.. sense I use to use them to clean my finger nails, get the zipper out of that dang stuck position, and pretty much anything else i could possibly use somethign else for lol .. OOO and ingrown toe nails they just get right under the nail and pop right out lol but now i smart! lol
atenderheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
BEER lover that you are, I can't believe you didn't know the zipper puller upper thing is called a "pull tab".?
Thanks for the link WEB...I had no idea there was so much to know about a zipper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
oh no... never use a tweezer for anything other than tweezing... definitely not for cleaning under finger nails (DH is laughing right now).
KITTY I take it that means I can't bend cotter pins staright with hers anymore either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atenderheart View Post
LOL I am so happy you all have educated me on this subject.. sense I use to use them to clean my finger nails, get the zipper out of that dang stuck position, and pretty much anything else i could possibly use somethign else for lol .. OOO and ingrown toe nails they just get right under the nail and pop right out lol but now i smart! lol
I see you have a delux pair HEART!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Hmm... Well this only works with certain shorts/pants, but can you put a tiny safety pin close to the bottom of the zipper so it doesn't get that low again? Only if it can be discrete. Otherwise you'll look silly.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OMGoodness REBECCA!

I could never put a pin in that area of my pants....safe or not!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #8  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - there is this marvelous invention called a needle, and it usually hangs out with another one called "thread".

Put them together and take a couple stitches at the bottom of that zipper. The pull tab won't disappear and Angie's tweezers will be safe.

And - I can't believe that you reached for tweezers instead of needle-nose pliers, anyway!

I'm with Angie on this one - around here NO ONE TOUCHES Mom's tweezers!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Gary - there is this marvelous invention called a needle, and it usually hangs out with another one called "thread".

Isn't that a girlie thing?

Put them together and take a couple stitches at the bottom of that zipper. The pull tab won't disappear and Angie's tweezers will be safe.

Once again...I had a few stitches down there years ago...never going there again with a needle!

And - I can't believe that you reached for tweezers instead of needle-nose pliers, anyway!

Well ya see SCOOTER that's the thing....she won't allow me in her tool box either!

I'm with Angie on this one - around here NO ONE TOUCHES Mom's tweezers!
I certainly found that out!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #10  
Terminating Cellulite

S/C/G: 211.5 / See Ticker / 150 140

Height: 5' 7"

ha! If I had a dollar for every pair of tweezers that has gone missing in my house .... I'd be able to replace half of them!

At least you were using them IN the bathroom and not removing them from their natural habitat! (would be giving Hubby THAT LOOK if he were home at the moment).
Sarah C0nn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #11  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

yeah- i caught mine using them to clean out his toe nails. had to go buy a new pair. gross!!!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I keep my good tweezers in my purse so I don't have to kill my son.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote