Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #1  

Lightbulb McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #39

The Floozies are a great bunch of ladies who've come to depend on each other for friendship and diet (and non-diet) support.

If you're looking for a niche and would like to join our group, we'd love to have you give us a try.

4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #2  

Wow, ladies! I didn't realize how much I had come to depend on posting while at work! Even though I now have a computer at home, it's still hard to find a quiet time to get on-line!

Jake is nine months old now and into EVERYTHING! He understands the word "no" now, but chooses to ignore it most of the time. He also throws mini-temper fits whenever I "get onto" him. He's a pro at standing and pulling himself up, and every now and then he'll forget what he's doing and let go. Of course, as soon as he realizes he's standing on his on, he splats down onto his diaper! He's still the most adorable little thing I've ever seen in my life

I'm sorry I haven't been around as much lately as I should, I'll try to do better. Right now there are no guarantees, though! I do try to read through the posts at least once a week, just to keep track of who needs special attention in my prayers!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for starting a new thread Cheryl...the other one was getting quite long! It's good to hear from you. Sounds like Christmas will be fun at your house this year...good luck keeping Jake away from the tree!

I had to go back to the doctor yesterday. This @#$% thrush/yeast infection just won't clear up! He put me on 5 more days of difulcan and then I have to call when that is gone and let him know how I am. He did mention my weight loss (8 pounds since the beginning of October) and that diabetes might be something that we should watch out for. Apparently yeast infections are hard to treat in people with high blood sugar. It doesn't run in our family and my sugar was fine in September when I had my last blood work done, so who knows?

Shelley ~ I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick too! I hope that you are feeling better by now.

Gayle ~ How are things going there?

Dee ~ Happy anniversary! 28 years is really an accomplishment! Congratulations!

Janice ~ Your winter vacation sounds like it will be heavenly! What a great Christmas present! How did your weigh in go?
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Sounds like baby Jake is going to make a cute elf this year under the tree! Good luck with decorating Cheryl! He will love all of the cute little balls, bows and ornaments! You will get in your exercise just chasing him when he starts to walk. LOL!

Suzy, you have had a horrible time trying to recoup! Prayers continue for a recovery soon! Bless your heart!

Janice, the vacation sounds heavenly! Great idea for a mutual gift you both will enjoy!

Things are going ok here! Busy at the shop and on my "off days" running my mommy around for errands, groceries, doctor etc. Her blood is FINALLY getting regulated! We get to skip a week this coming week of lab and he increased her meds 2 days out of the 7. I'm hoping this does the trick. She hates getting out when the weather is bad. The joys of aging and taking care of aging parents... Uncle still under Hospice care, we have had 3 people pass at the nursing home and I currently have 2 clients in the hospital, one with back surgery the other with bleeding on the brain that required surgery. I like to complain about my life, but I have it really good when I see all the heartache going on around me.

Dee, happy anniversary to a great couple! You two are so very blessed to have found each other! You make a wonderful pair! Larry gifting you with diamonds??? LOL!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:51 AM   #5  

Dee-Happy belated anniversary!

Cheryl-Thanks for starting the new thread. Wow! I can't believe Jake is 9 mos old already!

Gayle-I'm glad to hear your mom is better. It must be very hard to see all the sadness around the nursing home.

Suzy-You have really had a hard time. I hope the dr can get you cleared up. I am much better today. I had lab work done, and will find out if I have a UC flare up in a couple of days. Everything is still going straight through me, which is good for my weight, but not for my body. I am actually hoping to feel well enough after work today to go to the gym for a workout.

Janice-The trip sounds wonderful. That's a nice thing to set a goal for.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #6  

Thank you for all the anniversary wishes.

Janice I got excited when I first seen that you were going to Puerta....( I thought Vallarta) Plata. Gee that would have been great to meet up with you. I have been to Puerta Plata three times. We really liked it. Where are you staying? If you like snorkeling take a bus into Sasua. It isn't far and the fish are amazing. You can see them just by walking into the ocean.
How did you make out with your weigh in?

Shelley you are going to wither away. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Don't wait to long before you go see a doctor. How are your parents doing?

Gayle I am glad that you can stay positive with all the sad things around you. Is Liz coming home for Christmas?

Suzy is the new medication working? You have been sick so long, time to get better. Your quilting is beautiful.

Cheryl I am glad to hear that Jake is keeping you busy. I am sure that you wouldn't want it any other way. He must be so cute and adorable. Have you got him on video? Maybe you can send me a small clip so I can capture his personality.

Tomorrow I go for a crown with minimal freezing. I am not looking forward to it. I have put it off for two years but I am afraid that if I don't go I might break my tooth and then I would need surgery on it. So off I go to get it done.

Taking two more days off from exercise has not made my back any better yet. I still have a few more weeks to go before I see the pain psycologist.

I haven't started christmas shopping yet. I think that I will try to do most of it in Florida. I think that I will call my God Child right away and ask him what he would like. He is only 3 years old. Just so cute.

Have a good night ladies.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:00 AM   #7  

Dee-Do you have a definite date you will be in Orlando? I am thinking if you are there on Dec 6, I can come. Let me know. We can meet for lunch and go shopping!!

I did not make the gym yesterday. I am hoping today, but I am still having severe stomach cramps now and then.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #8  
Losing it...again!

I'm slowly improving, but still not 100%. I have meds for today and tomorrow and then I have to report back to the doctor.

How are you feeling Shelley? Did you get the results of you tests back?

Dee ~ I hope all goes well at the dentist for you today!

Gayle ~ I'm glad that your mother is doing better! It's time that you all got a little good news.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #9  

Got the results back. I have something called c. diff. He put me on Flagyl and a probiotic. I have to get another stool sample in 20 days. Apparantly, this is something that can get very bad very fast. He wanted me to leave work to get the meds, which of course I didn't. I googled it and it's some sort of bacterial infection from taking the antibiotics. Of course, the Flagyl I'm taking may give me thrush/yeast infection. Suzy and I can have it together. I am depressed.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #10  
Losing it...again!

Oh Shelley, c diff is horrible! It's very contagious, so be extra careful about hand washing and such. Hopefully the probiotic will save you from any further secondary infections like thrush or a yeast infection. I always eat yogurt, but I went a step further and picked up some acidophilus tablets...I figure it can't hurt and it might help!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #11  

Shelley and Suzy you girls need to get better. Take care of yourself and rest up for the weekend.

Anybody got any plans for the weekend?

We are going to a wedding social tonight. Hmm I guess many of you don't know what that is....it is a dance before the wedding to raise money for the bride and groom. There will be a silent aution, dancing and drinking with a late lunch served to sober up everyone. This social is a bit different that the usual as the groom is chinese so the lunch will have egg rolls etc as the usual lunch is rye bread and fresh cold cuts with cheese and veggies. It is a co worker of Larry's.

How do you like my new pic? I am naked in it......lol no make up. We were at the lake camping when Larry took it.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Gorgeous pic Dee! You are beautiful without makeup! I was quite surprised to wakeup to see Dee looking at me today. Have fun at the social! So then, do the couple use the raised money to help pay for the wedding?

Suzy & Shelley, both of you get well soon! I think both of you are trying to have a contest to see who can catch what quicker and keep it the longest!
{{{HUGS}}}

No big plans for the weekend. just odd and end stuff and fill in for a lady taking communion to the homebound/nursing home on Sunday. Are you guys Christmas shopping yet? We are about 50% finished!! THANK GOODNESS!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #13  

Gayle thanks for the compliment, you are good for my ego
The couple can use the money for anything they want. Traditionally the parents pay for the wedding but now a days if the couple is working they pay for part of the wedding.
Christmas shopping Yikes what is that! I haven't started. I am hoping to do most of it at the outlet mall in Florida.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #14  
Losing it...again!

Quote:
I think both of you are trying to have a contest to see who can catch what quicker and keep it the longest!
Thanks, but no thanks, that's a contest that I don't care to win...it's not even a contest that I want to be in!

Great picture Dee! What a pretty lady you are!

I haven't started any shopping yet, but I'm starting to make out a list and am getting ideas for what to buy...that's the hardest part for me.

It's supposed to rain here all weekend, so I think it will be a good weekend to spend in the sewing room. I have several baby quilts to finish!!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #15  

Whoo-hoo! It's FRIDAY!!!

Suzy and Shelley, man I feel for both of y'all. Those thrush/yeast infections are terrible. Shelley, I hope you get the c diff under control quickly!

Dee, beautiful! I love the new pic!

Gayle, sweet stuff, I hope things are better for you! Guess what everyone is getting from me for Christmas!

Hey Janice! Hey bigsexy, if you ever still check in!