Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #1  

Default Bumps and Lumps--normal?

Hello all!

I had a question. So, I'm still losing weight, which I know from my clothes and scale. But this is weird:

Starting my weight-loss journey, I had some respectable lovehandles above my pelvic bone. They seemed to become less noticeable when the weight started to fall. Now, however, while I am still losing weight, they seem to stick out more than the they did in the previous months (though not nearly so much as when I was at my heaviest).

Is it normal to develop some "bumps" that appear as such because you're losing fat in different areas (thereby making other areas seem bigger)?

I'm still losing, eating healthy, and I'm working out a ton, but this has me puzzled.
Phoenixflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yup. Your body is going to go through all kinds of weird shapes and bumps and lumps and changes before it all settles out. My shape has morphed over the last year and I've had pockets of fat that I thought were just weird ... and eventually they shifted or lessened or whatever.

You just kinda gotta let your body do what it's going to do.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

What Photo said. Most likely, the parts surrounding that area shrunk a bit, but the area itself has stayed about the same size. It looks bigger because the surrounding bits are smaller.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #4  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I have that happen to me and sometimes depending on what shrank and what didn't I look BIGGER than before. But it does even out thankfully over the course of time, so just hang in there. I'm *still* waiting on my hips to start shrinking after 35 pounds of weight lost. They are the slowest shrinking part on my body. They seem to want to hang there forever!

As for lovehandles, mine have gotten smaller but the small part of my waist above my belly button has shrank so much it's making my lovehandles appear larger than they were before. I measure each week though so I know how much I am losing inches-wise so I don't freak out.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #5  

I swear my body likes to tease me. I was looking in the mirror and thinking "Daaaamn, my tummy's getting flatter! Oh lord now I have a mini-tire."

Anyway, it's good to know it's normal.
Phoenixflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
I'm *still* waiting on my hips to start shrinking after 35 pounds of weight lost. They are the slowest shrinking part on my body. They seem to want to hang there forever!
This is exactly how it is for me and my tummy. Everything else is shrinking nicely but my tummy is the slowest to go. I carry most of my weight there so I'm thinking it's the old "first place to gain, last place to lose" issue.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:19 AM   #7  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Even after reaching goal weight, I found that my body continued to re-shape for a while. People thought I had lost more weight, but in reality, it was just re-distributing!! That's where exercise comes in .... toning and strengthing really helps in getting closer to the body we ultimately want. But it takes time, it doesn't happen overnight.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I noticed yesterday that I've now got a roll on my thighs, just below my buttock which will look very strange if I was to wear tight pants - this would not be VPL it would be VBF (visible buttock fat). I hope it goes soon.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote