Old 11-11-2008, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy 30 Something Chat - Tues, Nov 11th

Pulling another double... closed last night and opening today. I didn't get home til almost midnight last night and have to be in a 8am. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. I haven't been around because I'm too tired to type!! LOL

I need to talk to the manager about this schedule. With my RA, I fight fatigue every day already and this is almost unbearable. My body is aching and I can barely stand up straight.

I hope everyone is doing well and is happy. I need to go get ready so have a good day all!!

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wow poppy sorry to hear about you working so much...hang in there.

As for me...ughhh well i finally forced myself to step on the scale. I have gained 10 lbs since August...ugggghhh i was doing so well. Oh well time to get back into gear. wish me luck LOL

hope everyone has a great day.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/198/150

Height: 5'6"

Poppyseed - yikes. sorry to hear that you are working so much. HOpefully, your boss will be understanding and cut back your schedule a bit.

Gatorgal - hang in there. I have lost/gained the same 10# for several years.

I have recently decided I don't have a choice to not eat healthy or exercise. I am 33 years old diagnosed as pre diabetic (numbers are too low to be considered diabetic yet too high to be normal). Both parents were diagnosed with diabetes this summer. I decided that I was headed down the same road.

I am happy to report that I exercised for 15 minutes today for the first time in years. 15 minutes on the tread mill. I borrowed DH zune for some music. Do you gals have an exercise playlist?

I read on 3FC yesterday about someone who ate most of their carbs at breakfast rather than later in the day. i am going to try that today and see how that works out.

Breakfast -
2 instant oatmeal packets + 1/2 cup frozen blueberries = 6.5 points
Hardboiled egg - 2 pts

Have a wonderful day all!
LorettaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/153.9/135

Height: 5'1

poppy - sorry to hear about another double shift. Hopefully your manager will understand and do a better job of scheduling. Also hope you feel better soon!

gator - sorry to hear about your slip but GOOD FOR YOU!!! for getting back in the saddle. Here's a little dust to help you get started

loretta - good for you for making the decision to change your path! I have not yet been diagnosed with pre-diabetis but it does run in my family and one of my great fears. Let us know how the carbs at breakfast works for you!

As for me, I am almost at my first mini-goal. I have only a half pound left to lose from the 4 lbs I recently gained! Thank you South Beach!

The kids are home from school today and it's my uncle's birthday so I don't know how much I'll be able to check in today.

I also have an audition tonight to sing in a band. Auditioning is VERY out of character for me and I'm am extremely nervous. But it will go on my 'carpe-diem' list where I try to do at least one out of character thing per year.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day and I wish you all continued success in your endeavors!!!
fmb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #5  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I've never posted here before, hope you don't mind if I jump right in.

I am feeling a bit nervous today. I start a new job in a few hours, and while I am confident that I can do it, I can't stop the butterflies in the tummy.

Also am feeling a tad low, I have been snacking a lot lately (probably due to nerves/stress) and it is really affecting me. I have not gained anything - which I am glad for - but it is more about how I feel. I know when I eat right, I feel better, when I don't eat right, I don't feel good... and I don't feel good right now. I need to work harder on the sweet tooth/comfort tooth. I would really like to be at the point where when I have a craving, I crave an apple, rather than a peanut butter cup (or two)

Anyway, enough with the rambles. Wishing you all the best.

Kel
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello All!!!

Yet another day---- of the same ole same ole... gym, cleaning, cooking, eating... like I said same ole same ole. *boring*
Finishing up my coffee then going to get ready to head out to the gym.

Poppy --- those dbl shifts sound horrible. I hope you can get a good schedule going... soon.

GatorGal --- You can do it!!!

fmb101 --- Good Luck with your audition!!!! Let us know how it goes.

SweetCurves32 ---

Well off to get ready, I'll try and stop in later...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/194/115

Height: 5'1

I'm new here too. I just wanted to poke my head in and say hello. I just started SBD and I'm thoroughly confused and praying I can do this. I've never really dieted before but I've said I was dieting. I am trying to loose almost 80 lbs and I just cannot figure out how I got here.

Anyway I'm checking in from work (shhh) so I don't know how much I'll be on.
nola single mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #8  

I've got a plan.

I went to the store on my lunch break (I ate first). I have smallish potatoes for baked potato, frozen veggies (broccoli and green beans) and chicken thighs. I am going to cook the meal and potatoes and then heat them up at work for my lunch. I have decided I need a more substantial lunch than salad. I STARVE by the end of the day.

I made some cookies from another website they have old fashioned oatmeal, nuts, wheat flour and cranberries in them. I need to figure out how many points they are. Not super sweet like choc chip cookies but will do.

The potatoes I will cook in the crockpot in tin foil. No water. They are so good that way. i cannot bake a potato in the oven to save myself.

I haven't decided how I am going to do the chicken yet. I got a seasoning packet so might bake 1/2 of them with it and bake the other 1/2 with BBQ sauce. I will remove the skin to cut down on fat. 1 thigh is 3 points. BBQ sauce will be extra.

Keep up the good work everyone. Remember you did not get the way you are overnight so don't try to fix it overnight.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi!

Welcome Sweet Curves & Nola!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #10  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Sass <-- watchin' Grease again
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome to the boards new members!!!

Yes... my schedule should be changing soon. I needed to learn to open and close so they just had me scheduled like that on a temp basis. Hopefully this will be the last week for it.

So nice to see so many smiling faces here!!!

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

This past weekend I had a great time with friends, but I ate whatever I wanted and now I've found that I am back to square one (psychologically). Today I ate two mrs. fields cookies at the mall. I hadn't done that in so long but it's like I've lost all control now. This weight loss process has been so psychological for me.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyozzy View Post
This weight loss process has been so psychological for me.
Isn't that the truth!!! I think the process is majority mental. I mean, it's easy to figure out that to lose weight you need to eat less and move more, but its the thoughts in my head that sabatoge me. That's why I love 3FC so much, because I can always get some encouragement when my head is saying wacked out things.
Michellelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #14  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #15  

SweetCurves - welcome.
riley - I totally know what you mean about your mind controlling your actions. It is like when you are good - you are really really good - and when you are bad..you are HORRID (ok so I stole that from a story about a little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead).

We went to Wendy's for supper. I got small chili and baked potato. DH got a sandwich and frosty. I didn't even sneak a bite of his frosty.

I'm off to find a recipe for some baked chicken for my lunches tomorrow.