Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Need some techniques to stave off Grief Eating

My Last remaining grandparent (My Great Aunt) went to God today. So far I havent' become the Human Dump truck but I'm also out of food which makes DUmptruckage avoidance pretty easy. I'm going to be surrounded by food by wednesday and aside from my knitting which won't leave my hands while at my Mom's I need some help!

In May/June I gained 10 pounds from grief which are almost off completely. I don't want to backslide

Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry Kier. Only thing I can tell you is to keep busy. Wash dishes, help with the little kids, make coffee and serve......stuff like that. Be thinking about you.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

I believe you will be fine on Wed for you stated previous gain - therefore, it's forefront in your mind. You will be in control and if your not, give yourself some slack your heading for a rough couple of days.

I'm sorry for your loss...

Colleen
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

I am so sorry too, Keir. I'm sure you remember that I lost my mom this summer and had a set back in my weight loss too. All I can say is remember a few things...

We are human and all humans make mistakes, these mistakes DO NOT define who we are. We can learn from them, change what we were meant to change and move on to be better people because of the hardships we've faced.

Don't forget to take care of Keir on Wednesday, your Great Aunt cared about you and would want the best for you...give her that honor.

And of course, food can not hug you, the fridge will not cry with you, but your family and friends can and will. You can't overeat with your arms sincerely seeking or giving comfort to someone. And I'm am certain that all of us here would give you a squeeze if we were there. So, I'm sending a big cyber HUG for you.

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 11-11-2008 at 01:52 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

oh honey - my heart goes out to you. i have no real answers here. but one thing i've learned is that i HAVE TO keep moving one way or the other. either my body has to move - walk, pace, jiggle, dishes, typing, whatever - or my mind has to be busy. if i'm just SITTING, that's a recipe for disaster.

also, reaching for no-cal liquids helps.

of course, have i EVER done this perfectly???? NOPE!!!! but at least i'm aware of it.

keep us posted.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

You guys are the best! I set my mind before this happened that my Christmas gift to myself was to lose a size by Christmas. And I'm goign to stick to that. I'm working a half day tomorrow then going to the wake in the evening (which means missing the wake lunch which is good. SO I'll only really have to contend with the funeral lunch and the rest of the days at my Mom's which I have knitting and a new $2 (retails for $30) David Baldacci to keep me occupied and I'm going to bring WATP
My Aunt Kay was a high energy pistol and a beautiful soul She was full of fun and was center stage at every function. I'm going to miss her
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sorry Kier

Along with your knitting bring some gum, that way if you feel like chewing you have something that can take the edge off. Good luck sweetie !!

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote