Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #1  
Sleep? What's that?

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I don't like any phase 1 foods!

I want to do Atkins really bad, and I've low carbed before and was successful, but I don't like any of the Phase 1 foods! I like cheese. I like eggs, but they make my tummy hurt really bad (food intolerance). :::sigh::: I wish I was a veggie person, but I'm not. I can deal with chicken.
Luvn4Bratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:27 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

If you've "low carbed before & were successful"....why not eat what you ate then? And since you like cheese, there's nothing better then cheese mixed with veggies! You might find checking out these low carb recipes to be helpful to you
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #3  
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
If you've "low carbed before & were successful"....why not eat what you ate then? And since you like cheese, there's nothing better then cheese mixed with veggies! You might find checking out these low carb recipes to be helpful to you
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!
It's not working as well this time as last time, which is why I wanted to be much more stricter. The 1st time I dieted, I was 240 pounds, I was drinking several cokes a day, eating fast food, etc. I went to Diet Coke, and dropped my carbs to 20 to 40 a day (not all veggies) and it was such a shock to my body, the weight fell off. I lost 57 pounds in 4 months, then I got pregnant with my daughter. I've had 3 more kids since then. I never really went back to my old eating habits, and I've been keeping a watchful eye on my carb intake, just nothing too serious. But, I haven't lost any weight. I weighed 179 after I had my twins last July, and I'm up to 225 now, thanks to my thyroid.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #4  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

If you like eggs there are lots of ways to fix them, fried, hard boiled, scrambled, make deviled eggs (one of my favs). Also nuts are good. Pecans and Macadamia nuts are the lowest carbs I think. Last night for dinner I just had a cucumber sliced up and dipped in blue cheese dressing. Do you like bacon or sasuage? Ham? Fried chicken wings with no sauce. Pork rinds. Hamburgers, taco salad. I even have hot dogs occasionally when nothing else sounds good and I know I need to eat. Do you have the book right now? It gives food lists and ideas that are really helpful! Good Luck! We can do this!!!!!
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #5  
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmom View Post
If you like eggs there are lots of ways to fix them, fried, hard boiled, scrambled, make deviled eggs (one of my favs). Also nuts are good. Pecans and Macadamia nuts are the lowest carbs I think. Last night for dinner I just had a cucumber sliced up and dipped in blue cheese dressing. Do you like bacon or sasuage? Ham? Fried chicken wings with no sauce. Pork rinds. Hamburgers, taco salad. I even have hot dogs occasionally when nothing else sounds good and I know I need to eat. Do you have the book right now? It gives food lists and ideas that are really helpful! Good Luck! We can do this!!!!!
I do love eggs, but when I eat them, I get a horrible stomach ache for hours after, so I just don't eat them. I can usually get creative with foods, but I know I need to eat more veggies.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

The recipe site I suggested has some of the best low carb recipes out there. The "Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes" is one of my very favorites. Its really cauliflower (which I hate )...but, you'd never know it. What about salads? Do you like salads?

Nuts are a no-no on Induction. You may also want to be watchful of bacon & sausage...read labels...many brands contain sugar Ham & pork rinds tend to contain a lot of sodium which may cause you to retain water.

Since Dr. Atkins passing, and Atkins Nutritionals Inc. taking over, lets just say they aren't adhereing to his original plan. That being said, I don't put much stock in Atkins.com To do Atkins correctly you may want to check out his wife's site: http://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation.org/lifestyle.htm as well as, of course, reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution , 2002 versions & prior.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #7  
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
The recipe site I suggested has some of the best low carb recipes out there. The "Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes" is one of my very favorites. Its really cauliflower (which I hate )...but, you'd never know it. What about salads? Do you like salads?

Nuts are a no-no on Induction. You may also want to be watchful of bacon & sausage...read labels...many brands contain sugar Ham & pork rinds tend to contain a lot of sodium which may cause you to retain water.

Since Dr. Atkins passing, and Atkins Nutritionals Inc. taking over, lets just say they aren't adhereing to his original plan. That being said, I don't put much stock in Atkins.com To do Atkins correctly you may want to check out his wife's site: http://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation.org/lifestyle.htm as well as, of course, reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution , 2002 versions & prior.
Yes, I love salads, but only with fried chicken in them.
I'll check out that site, and wow on your weightloss, I'm jealous!
Thanks for the advice!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvn4Bratz View Post
Yes, I love salads, but only with fried chicken in them.
Substitute grilled chicken

Actually, I make "fried chicken" using parmesan cheese. I dip thin boneless chicken breast in beaten egg mixed with a little heavy cream...then I "bread" it in grated parmesan cheese seasoned with italian seasoning, garlic powder & some fresh ground black pepper...then I fry in butter. Its delish!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 11-10-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Height: 5'4"

I found that I got bored with my foods...making the same ole same. If you switch it up and try new recipes for foods you like it should help with your success rate.
WickedCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Substitute grilled chicken

Actually, I make "fried chicken" using parmesan cheese. I dip thin boneless chicken breast in beaten egg mixed with a little heavy cream...then I "bread" it in grated parmesan cheese seasoned with italian seasoning, garlic powder & some fresh ground black pepper...then I fry in butter. Its delish!
Wholly cow!!! This sounds wonderful!!!
WickedCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote