General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Question for the Ladies: Thongs ( not shoes! ).

Ok, I _so_ apologize if this is TMI, but okay:

I was at the store, looking for a 'sexy little number', I was looking for a bra and panty set.

I found beautiful bras, with feminine stitching and details..
and the underwear?
thongs.

As I said on my myspace blog:

I went to Macy's armed with a gift card to get a sexy little something. I was looking for a bra/panty set, maybe w/ a garter belt for an old school feel. I have an ***. An ample booty. Junk in the trunk.
Something that looks like a sling shot will not reign in this girl's badonkadonk. What's with the thongs? The prettiest underwear had the least amount of material. Maybe they used it up with the lacy trimmings.

Not feelin' it.

I don't want to feel it either, a strip of fabric being trapped in my *** like a POW. There's no gettin' out easy.

In the end, I went with a short satin nightie and matching satin robe.

Yeah, it was from the 'mature woman's' section,( shut up.) the one with the Amish pajamas that cover everything but the feet, hands, and head- and the chance to show some ankle, drives those amish boys wild.

The purpose of this is to garner desire of the sexual nature from my spouse of the male persuasion.( I'm not just persuaded he's male. It's a fact.).

The purpose of this is to be removed quickly and effortlessly. That can't be said for hooks,snaps, straps,ties, and thong underwear.

side note: some thongs can be used as a pirate's eye patch. Best if it's a brand new one, and watch the colors. You don't want your kid to go to a school Halloween party with some frilly concoction on his eye.

the idea of having my husband see me in a thong? No.

But what do other women do? Do you wear thongs w/pride? Wear something else?

The fronts of these panties is fine. Until you turn it around.

Just curious and looking for the opinion of some regular, real women!

Thanks!!
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I like booty/boy short underwear. They are my favourite.
Thongs? Oh god NO. I don't care if I weighed 110 lbs, NO.
Butt floss just doesn't turn my wheels.

Last edited by luvja; 11-09-2008 at 10:32 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I've reached goal weight and I still don't have any thongs. Well, I have one, which I bought to see what all the hubbub was about. How can people just get used to having fabric lodged in the crack of their *** is beyond me. My best friend swears by thongs, she says they are "SO COMFY." I guess her butt is just different.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #4  
Workin' It

I wear thongs, and actually have for several years, even when I was at or above my highest recorded weight, actually started wearing them at my SIL's recommendation when I was still single. I find them very comfortable - the stereotype is that they ride up more than regular undies, I find it to be quite the opposite. I have less uncomfortable 'crack' problems in a v-string than I did in more full coverage undies. I don't buy the fancy lacy ones most of the time, I tend to get the ones that are plain cotton and 5 for $15 at Target.

That being said, I have also recently learned that I like the boy short as well.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm with Shannon. I love thongs ... much more comfortable than regular underwear. I don't get the "wedgie" thing like I did with regular undies.

OTOH, I love love love the lacy boy-short type things that VS has got going on lately. Or, I guess I should say my guy loves them ... which means I love them too!

(just links here, not photos, since some of these are NSFW)
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=1926
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=1925

My next purchase, though, is going to be a garter belt. *wicked grin*

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #6  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Fruit of the Loom has some wonderfully comfortable thongs - they never ride "up".
http://www.freshpair.com/Fruit-of-th...g-DC21004.html

I wear them whenever I wear jeans or something tight around my hiney - otherwise I'm a granny panty girl LOL

Last edited by tamaralynn; 11-10-2008 at 08:03 AM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #7  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I wear thongs a lot. I don't like VPL (visible panty line) and I've gotten used to them, so they don't bother me anymore.

I also wear boy shorts. I can't do granny panties though...to me they are uncomfortable!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I tried thongs before and really just didn't care for them, when I dropped sizes, I didn't replace them.

I like boy shorts a lot but also like other various underwear. I love VS underwear in general, they are awesome
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #9  

I wear both...thongs are good if you don't want a PL and can be confortable but not all the time I find. I think a pair of fuller cut panties with garters and the works would be so much sexier to guy than a thong though. There's lots of places to find really nice stuff that doesn't..."lack a back" so to say.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/208/150

Height: 5'6"

I absolutely hate thongs. I am all about the boy shorts. I think they look so much cuter! And I know that most men happen to agree with that. I've never really had a problem with a PL either so boy shorts it is for me always!
alligatorskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Another for the boy shorts...love 'em! Thongs...don't want anything in the crack, lol. Would rather go without anything than wear a thong.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #12  

I wear thongs most of the time. They're more comfortable for me. I don't have a problem with my DH seeing me in them. He buys them for me most of the time anyway. However, sometimes I will wear boy shorts or regular panties.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I never thought thongs were comfortable until I tried a Hanky Panky thong. They really -are- comfy.

I don't wear them all the time, but I do wear them!

If you're looking for non-thong, cute, lacy underwear, try Frederick's of Hollywood. They have many booty short/boy short styles that are very comfortable and very sexy.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
If you're looking for non-thong, cute, lacy underwear, try Frederick's of Hollywood. They have many booty short/boy short styles that are very comfortable and very sexy.
Here here re: Frederick's of Hollywood! I order all kinds of stuff from them quite often. There's always a sale going on.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I wore thongs for years. Very comfortable. The boy short panties are more in fashion now, and, IMO sexier.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote