Old 11-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chatters for November!!!

If you are new here, we follow WW and want to be healthy.
You will find lots of support here. Give us a try!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #2  

Susan, I'll remember that at New Year's about giving up smoking. lol That's something I wouldn't have problems with either!!

Yesterday my temp was up, coughing and sneezing, and just miserable. I didn't go to the Y for any of the classes, didn't meet with the retired teachers for dinner, didn't meet a friend last night for a beer or a pop. Pretty exciting day! I hope I do better today. I'm starting an antibiotic this morning because pretty sure it's a sinus infection. This weekend is an Emmaus Weekend at the church, and I am supposed to be helping in the kitchen. I don't think they'll want me sneezing and coughing on the food, so I'll help somewhere else.

Tim called twice yesterday! He calls sometimes, but mostly sends text messages. For him to call twice in one day, I knew it was serious business. The first call he told me about a show he watched Tues. night about a rookie policeman. The guy hadn't been with the dept. long, had recently proposed to his gf, and he was killed on a routine call. That had Tim totally shook. He was having serious doubts about going into that line of work. I know he had gone to a recruiting session with Dayton (OH) police, and he really liked the pay, benefits, etc. Lots of crime in Dayton, and I was really concerned about that.

When he called again last night, he was feeling much better. He has given up the Dayton idea. Thank you God!!! He has decided to go for a smaller town to get experience, then move to a city, but not a large one. The pay won't be as much, BUT he'll be happier hopefully. He still has another year of school (should finish August 2009), so he has time to think more about things.

And Lauren is considering changing her major! She is in psychology, and she has decided that maybe that's not what she wants to do. She is checking into business/accounting classes & will probably make the switch next semester. I know her major has been a concern for Tim and for her mom, so this is a good thing! She loves math, so getting into accounting should be better for her.

Have any of you ever done Yoga? I had my second class on Monday. It was easier than the first week, but it is still tough. At the end of the class I was talking to a couple of women plus the instructor, and I started crying! Not just crying, but sobbing! The instructor told me that is absolutely normal if someone is going through some tough times. I then told them about Bob, and all of them started crying! Oh my! I plan to keep it up for this session, and if it is offered again after the first of the year, I just might do it again.

Hope you all have a great day! It's the beginning of November, and it has been in the mid-70's to 80 this week in Ohio!!! Probably have a terrible snowy icy winter ahead of us.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thursday!
Tammy, thanks so much for starting us off this time.

I've never tried yoga. My sister did and gave it up after a couple of sessions. It was too painful for her.
Tim-----I am sooooo glad he's going to start in a smaller place. There's still crime but it's a small place without all the gang bangers.
It's good that Lauren is changing from psychology because that takes lots of years of study and then it's hard to find a job.

I had a flu shot yesterday afternoon. Wow!!!!! My arm ached and hurt the rest of the day. It's still sore this morning. That's the first time it's done that. I went to a grocery store and a pharmacist gave it. I'm never going back there again. I'll go to the doctor's office. Then, I can call them and whine and complain.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all doing well.

Tammy, Sorry you aren't feeling well. I have done Yoga and I really liked it. It's harder than it looks. Glad that Tim has decided Dayton is not an option.

Tina, I get a flu shot every year. Pat doesn't, I do. We get them at school for free. My arm always aches and sometimes I run a little fever. I didn't have any problems this year. Pat ended up getting one this year, I was surprised.

We had our homecoming parade last night. It was at 6:30 and too dark since the time change. It was still fun!! The kids had a blast.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday,

I'm going out to walk in a few minutes. Got to get in some exercise in this beautiful weather.
Tammy, how is your sinus infection going? I hope it is going!
Susan, please explain about that homecoming parade. How many were in it and what did y'all do?
Dori, did you get all moved? You can lose weight because I have faith in you!
Jeanne, you are quiet. How is your daughter and her friends? Is the Halloween candy on sale now?
Kam, where are you, girl?
Maureen, when is the Canadian Thanksgiving?

Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #6  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Hi all,
I used to post here what seems like months ago, but was only a few weeks ago, and I cant find any of the people I used to talk to, can I join you all instead??

Hope everyones day is going well Jen x
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #7  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone!

Tina - We are having beautiful weather here too! I weighed in a couple of days ago and have put on ....... like 11#! I'm just disgusted by it too! I got back at it yesterday, but by night time..........I had given into my evening urges to eat! Urghhhhh! Today is going ok. Tho.......as soon as I walked into work this morning - I ate chocolate. It's a tough job....but....somebody's got to do it!

Tammy - Hi! So glad to "see" you out and about! I think of you sooooo often! So glad to hear that Tim is thinking about another location. I worked for two of our local PD's........one for 6 years and the other for 2 years. I loved my job, but of course I wasn't out in the field or anything. In my 8 years, we only had one officer hurt in the line of duty. Can you believe this weather?!?!?!?

Maureen - Happy belated Thanksgiving! I work with a gril from Canada! Her husband came here for his job. I love her! She has actually become my best friend!!! Hope things are going well for you!

Dori - Hi! Hows the moving and school going?

Jenosaurus - Hello and a great big welcome to you!

Well girls.........gotta scoot! I'm on lunch break (*I ate chicken salad on FF crackers, an apple and a bottle of water. I brought two clementines for my snack later) Wish me luck! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hugs~
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #8  
jeanne

Hi girls! Down 2# since my 11# WI on Thursday! Yay! Thats all it gets is a Yay because I don't want to ginx myself with the little dancing carrot! haha~!

Have a great w/e............it's Hallmark Open House so if ya all have any ornaments or cards to get and you live by a Hallmark - they are giving away goodies today and tommorow! Go!

~jeanne
Old 11-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne--great minds--I'm on my to a Hallmark store this morning!
BTW-shhh....(congratulations on that loss) .....I'm trying to be quiet and not jinx you.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #10  
jeanne

Hi!

Well after a long self absorbed pitty party for myself.......(did that make any sense?) well anyways.........I worked hard yesterday to stay OP. Got up today, focused on some house work and took a hard brisk walk outside. I went I think 6 blocks, but I zig zagged up and down each one to get a longer walk. It was lonnnnnnnng over due. I feel so refreshed right now.

The last forum I was on did a Christmas Card exchange. We PM'd our address to one girl and then she made one list and forwarded it to the rest of the girls...........would you guys be interested? It was a lot of fun to get the cards! Let me know what cha' think.

Hugs~
jeanne
Old 11-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

I like walking outside, when the weather isn't too hot.

I don't give out my home address.

Last edited by Tina; 11-09-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #12  

Tina, the yoga does hurt in some of the positions, but I noticed that the 2nd week was much better than the first, so apparently it is doing some good?? I hope so!! I had a flu shot once. I was sicker that year than I had ever been, so I've never had one since. My sinus infection is getting better. Glad the medicine is helping. I'm still coughing alot though.

Welcome to jenosaurus!!!!

Jeanne, I had intended to hit Hallmark this weekend, but never made it. Count me out for the Christmas cards at least for this year. I told Tim that I don't even know if I want a tree this year.

I'm heading to the church for the closing ceremony for the Emmaus Walk from this weekend soon, so I need to get going.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #13  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Hi all,
Thanks for all the welcomes!
I feel so bad for not getting out and walking, especially hearing that everyone else did so well!!
But I did work 26 out of the last 48 hours, so I was just ever so slightly busy
But just have to work on tomorrow now, well at least Ill have my dance class tomorrow. That will count for something.!!
Has anybody got a goal they want to reach by Christmas, or am I the only one that does that .
Anyway Im off to bed. Hope to talk to you all soon
Jen
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Jen,
Wow, you have been busy at work! You'll have to rest up tonight.
Dance--that will count for a lot!!!

A Christmas goal sounds like fun. Okay, mine will be to lose 6 more pounds.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #15  

Jen, sounds like you are working way too many hours!! Wow! Your dance class sounds like fun!! Enjoy! I really don't have a specific goal yet. Maybe I should set a small one and see how it goes.

Tomorrow I have aerobics, yoga, and water aerobics. Glad there is some time to rest up between the first two!!

It is sleeting. I don't like this!!!!!