Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ November's Thread

WELCOME EVERYONE ~ Please join us to give support and encouragement; to share ideas, and/or just chat with one another about everyday issues ...

This special thread is for anyone with any kind of physical obstacle and/or challenge like SB, CP, MS, MD, PK, Lupus, Osteo, Arthritis, Rheumatism, or any other condition (s), whether genetic or acquired (like injuries), that causes some physical limitations and/or difficulties.

HAPPY NOVEMBER EVERYONE

ROSEBUD
Old 11-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #2  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Morning Ladies

Gosh is it November already where has this year gone to it seems to have whizzed by at 90mph. Well hope we had a lovely Halloween last night. Rather quiet for me as we went out. Though did see a few dressed up in various costumes on the way out.

A total of 1,227 people wearing zombie face paint filled Old Market Square today - smashing the old record of 1,028 set in the USA. Well this record was broke in my home city on Halloween what a sight the Old Market Square must have looked Nice to be in the news other than for gun crime. The unfortunate thing is we have had a high incidence of gun related crimes and deaths in my city. Though a lot I think are to do with drugs and a drug turf war. One retaliating against another though that means that innocent people inevitably get hurt.

MEOWEE ~ It is notoriously difficult for some who are on insulin to get the BSL correct. It is an ever fighting battle. I hope today that it is better than it has been. Well I have not been so good on the diet front for the past few weeks and made some poor dietary choices which have shown on the scales. I did manage to eat clean yesterday, so lets see how many days I can string together as I seem to be going up and down the same few pounds and can not break this little plateau than I am on.

ROSEBUD ~ Glad to hear the the car has been fixed though sorry that it has wiped your saving out. Things like this never come at a good time not that there really is a good time to be paying out bills.

Yes I bet you have boxes galore in you home at the minute in anticipation for the move. I know what it was like 9 years ago I think it was. I have sorted out my lounge yesterday, well DH did it for me and Hoover throughout he was an So all my furniture is back to where it was and the vibrating machine is in the little bedroom. I have the little bedroom to sort out a little but nothing much a couple of bits and pieces to go in the bin and put the clothes horse away. Then hey presto.

Mum and Dad are coming tomorrow for a few days so may be MIA anytime over the next few days depending on time which I doubt I will have much. Will be going shopping to top up on a few bits and pieces that I need for the next few days. I have prepared my list which inevitably I will forget

Not much else to report here so bye ladies and take care

purpleorc
Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Another month has begun and so we all get another new start . . . . . . and boy oh boy do I ever need it. Weight is up to 213 this morning, but by taking the average for October of 211.2, I decided I could leave my ticker where it is and work like mad to be sure it isn't fibbing by the end of this month.

Beautiful sunny day today -- it is windy though and it is cold. Just hope it stays fairly dry this month because cold and damp (the more normal stuff for this time of year around here) just cripples me up with the old arthritis stuff and I really don't want any nasty bouts of that to go along with the still not stable blood sugar levels.

We had a very quiet Halloween which is about par around here. I get so few kids that I stopped doing candy years ago and just give them money. Saves me the unneeded temptation of left-over candy and the little ghosts and goblins seem to like it too.

Nothing new or exciting in my plans for today . . . hope the rest of you are having a great Saturday.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #4  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ jUST A QUICK NOTE TONIGHT. Well, we started moving into our new place today; we took four loads of small boxes and bags of linens and such. We didn't have much choice as there is no heat in this place anymore; it seems to have been turned off suddenly, but at least we still have a small heater for when we are here.

But GOD sent some ANGELS along who took our bed to our new place so we can sleep in a warm place tonight. Well, we are already paying for the heat and hydro there, so we might as well use it. We are heading there to spend the night, then we'll come back here in the morning and pack some more. So the plans got changed just a wee bit ...

MEOWEE ~ we also stopped giving out candy becuz we ended up eating too much of the stuff ourselves; and over the years the numbers dwindled to nobody this year; but when we move into town, that may be different.

PURPLE ~ We will be moving over the next few days; and on Monday everything gets transferred to the new place so I have to take my PC to our new place and get it all set up there; I hope the transition goes smoothly. At most, I hope I won't miss coming on for more than a day if everything goes well.

Well, gotta go as DH is waiting to go to the other place now; taking our NIKO to see it for the first time, so we'll see how he likes it there and how the neighborhood doggies take to him. Apparently, everyone around has one; but we got a bit of a shock when we got there today, the backyard fence was gone (guess the last tenant owned it), so we'll have to put up a small one pronto.

Take care, your friend ... ROSEBUD
Old 11-02-2008, 05:46 AM   #5  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

Just a quick call by as mum and dad are arriving very shortly so I thought I would take the opportunity to drop by whilst I am waiting having my morning coffee.

MEOWEE
My ticker is not quite right either my weight has been up 3lbs I am paying dearly for being so naughty and eating so much of plan. The last 2 days I have eaten clean and plan to do the same today. Lets hope by the end of the month mind it back to where it was. I wonder why the pounds go on so easily but so darn hard to shift.

ROSEBUD Sounds like you have been bus with moving bits and pieces. I hope the sleep over in the new place went well. well at least it was nice and warm.

Yesterday we decided to tackle our spare room which has become a real dumping ground. It took a couple of hours to sort out and hoover through now it looks like a different room The vibrating machine fits in there nicely though not much room to spare. I have been on the vibrating machine at least a couple of times a day. that my balance improves. If not at least I will have toned legs

It has been nice to have this break and chill out a minute or two. Still have a few bits and pieces to do. I want to put a no added sugar topping to a desert I have made. Sugar free jelly and raspberries. I have made a blamange as well for lunch. Mainly as dad is not eating so well at the minute but will eat the sweeter things so I am capitalising on that . I have worked out that there is not too many calories in either and so will fit nicely into our eating plan.

Hoping that it stays dry because it has been raining heavy for the past 12 hours or so but has stopped now. If it remains dry at least walking the dog will be pleasant.

Just before coming on here I read in the forum general chatter sub forum lighten up. It was the entry http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152466 about Jake and the unbaked yeast rolls. With us being pet owner I though you would appreciate this one. I was laughing so much I was crying. I can associate how dogs are garbage bins. Our Rizzie decided to eat the net string that goes around meat mainly turkey or pork. I did not discover that he had ate it until it was completely digested through his system.

Time to run ladies catch you soon. If I do not come on here in the next couple of days hope the move goes smoothly Rosebud and Meowee the scales are kind to you.

Take care of yourselves and see you shortly.

purpleorc
Old 11-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang:

Not much exciting around my part of the world -- very cold and windy and the off again/on again precipitation that's been falling throughout the day has been white. It isn't sticking around long, mind you.

Just when I was congratulating myself for having finally slept in a bit longer (to 4:30 am) this morning, I realized I had to turn all the clocks back. So . . . I was up at 3:30 again. Even though I did have a nap, I've been feeling draggy and achey all day.

I know exactly what you mean about things our pets will eat -- as I was sifting kitty litter this morning, I uncovered a lump of well-digested embroidery thread that somebody had chewed up. Luckily most stuff manages to work itself through, but stuff like that can get dangerous for them.

Have a good rest of the weekend, gang . . .
Old 11-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Hey . . . where is everybody hiding?????
Old 11-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

Anybody out there . . .
Old 11-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #9  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ Well, I'm back on the net again; the transition took only a couple of days as we were so exhausted and sore that I just went to bed as soon as we got home. Last night, we made a late run til 10 pm; and were up with the roosters this morning as a truck and cube van with movers were on their way. We had to be at our old place but the truck guys didn't show up until the afternoon, as he couldn't find anyone who wanted to make some quick money ~ LOL!

Boy did we have some problems or what; our original guys bailed out on us, which left us down to two packers/movers with a small cube van. We just kept filling our car repeatedly. Next time we move, we are renting a large truck; people were too unreliable and we were down the wire. Thank GOD for our two faithful friends who moved three loads for us; may He send them double blessings.

And I forgot my computer chair and the kitchen one I am using is so high and uncomfortable; will be going tomorrow to pick the last few things. I was so sore today after vacuuming and cleaning all the floors in the place today; wiped out is more like it. I layed down for a while and had an idea how to hook up the PC. DH misplaced our double jack; but then I realized that here I am only feet away from the jack so I could just plug in direct and was good to go. When you are tired, you think much slower ... lol!

MEOWEE ~ I guess you missed my post that explained that I would be MIA for a couple of days while we moved; and PURPLE has her parents staying with her so she said she would be MIA as well. As for VAL, I guess she is just really busy these days.

PURPLE and VALDINE ...

Be back later to read and catch up ... ROSEBUD
Old 11-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #10  
You can call me Chantili

S/C/G: 227/225/130

Height: 5'6

Hi there... I think I fall into this category...

About 2 years ago, I was injured during a training exercise for my job. Unfortunately, the injury has left me with a permanent back injury, to which I have had 4 surgeries. Unfortunately, I can't exercise and this has caused me to put on far more weight than I care to even think about, but am forced to see everyday. The stress of the life change has caused me to revert back to compulsive overeating.

I am looking forward to getting help and ideas from others who have been successful regardless of a physical challenge.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #11  
Rosebud

MONKEYBEAN ~ love that avatar pic; you and MEOWEE have both found felines with quite the expressions, for sure. Yes, you do fit into our physical challenges category; all of us here have some physical issues to deal with on a daily basis. Back injuries are no fun; my back has been hurting a lot the past two months with this moving thing. It will take a lot of rest to feel better, but we should be done soon.

Come back often and tell us about yourself, and your life ...

ROSEBUD
Old 11-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #12  
You can call me Chantili

S/C/G: 227/225/130

Height: 5'6

Rosebud, thanks so much for your warm welcome! Thanks about the kitty avvie... That is my sweet baby kitty Humpfrey! And yes, I saw how cute Meowee's was too! lol...

OK, a little more about me... I hope this doesn't depress anyone, but I have to get it out...

I am 36 and a single, divorced mom of a beautiful 10 year old daughter. I love forums, computer games, news, reading, kitties, music, etc... I have three kitties, Lily, Bogey, and Humpfrey (pictured in avvie). My daughter and I are both dealing with weight issues. We are working together as a team to change our eating lifestyle and making healthier choices. I have to do this for her, to show her that it can be done, and that the rewards of good health far exceed the taste of chicken fingers.

Like I indicated earlier, I have a back injury that I got on 12/14/2006. I have always dealt with weight issues, but between the years of 2002-2006 I had finally gotten myself on track with my weight. I was working out all the time, eating better than I ever had, and felt great.

Now, after this back injury, everything has just gone down hill. The job that I had always wanted, I can no longer do. All the everyday things that many people take for granted, have been very difficult for me. And I have fallen into quite a bit of depression from the severe adjustment of it all.

I really don't want to feel like this. I want to have my life back! But unfortunately, that will never happen. So now, I wake up every morning and just do my best to make it through the day with a smile on my face. Some days, all is good; others, however, are not. Things have gotten so bad that I no longer want to do anything on the weekends because I don't want any of my old coworkers to see me like this. They remember me as a pretty, 125 lb person, and this person that I am now, is just not me, or who I want to be.

The stress of all of these changes in my life have led me back to food.. the only thing that seems to bring me comfort, even though it is only while I am actually chewing the food. Because after wards, I can barely stand to look at myself. I am finally coming to grips with the fact that I have a problem. I need to fix this problem, and I believe that this could be the turning point in my life that will help me move in that direction.

OK, that is a little sample of me.. There is so much more about me, but at this point in my life, it is really hard to think about anything else.

I am looking forward to learning more about all of you!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Glad you are finally moved ROSEBUD . . . . . . no, I didn't miss the post where you mentioned it; just totally forgot another senior moment.

Welcome to our little group, MONKEYBEAN and you don't have to be sorry about needing to let off a little steam once in a while . . . we all know exactly how you feel, Chickie . . . BTW, Purrecious (my Avatar) is one of six; so what's holding you back, girl, you need more cats.

I've had two busy days in a row -- yesterday, the day long outing that is disquised as a trip to the Periodontist; today, a visit to the vet with two of the menagerie combined with the normal Thursday mall-crawl.

All together too many restaurant meals. The blood sugar levels are holding okay, but I really have no idea about the calories consumed.

My back has been bothering me a lot over the past week or so and today my neck is also kinked up. Naturally, while I was waiting at the perio's office I read this article that chronic (and basically unexplained) back aches in those of us who have 'reached a certain age' could well be signs of osteoporosis. Guess I need to check with the doctor . . . hey, at least it sounds like a good match with the osteoarthritis.

Other than that . . . nothing exciting for me . . . hopefully tomorrow will be a wonderfully calm and relaxing kind of day for everybody and we will all eat OP stuff and nothing else.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #14  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

alright I made it! I'm here!!

welcome monkeybean. good to see a newbie to the thread!

Rosebud.
It is good to hear about your move - sounds like its going relatively well. have you taken pictures of your new places?

Purple - I've been sort of at a plateau too lately. I ate a lot of junk with halloween. the chocolate candy bars have always been my weakness... and once they went on sale it was just bad things all around. I was finally able to stop when I realized how much saturated fat i was consuming and started feeling very fatigued after nearly 2 weeks of eating a lot of that fat. It has been a couple days now of eating on plan and I'm getting my energy back. I am two pounds above my ticker weight.

meowee - six cats eh? I have three. one is sleeping near my feet as we speak. I've had one cat since I was about 10.. am now 24. They're loyal things! Where did you take your six in from? Two of our three are cats we rescued as kittens. One was abadoned in a bag along the highway with its mother and another was abadoned under a trailer.

Daylight savings seemed to really mess with me. I've been sleeping 12-15 hours every day... first day of the week I got home from work in the evening and slept through dinner and the rest of the night.

Anyways. work is going well. It is very stressful but I have taken up yoga - which has been A MAZING for dealing with it all. I do lunch hour yoga sessions at the local health authority twice a week.

stay healthy all as cold and flu season starts up. vitamins, rest and water!!

Val
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #15  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ Well, we've made it thru another exhausting moving/cleaning/sorting/setting up day ... my legs and feet are throbbing, and our spare room looks like a warehouse ... haha! Boy, we have a whole winter to sort and toss, sort and toss; and do I mean it!!!

We are just taking a wee coffee break and then we are sorting all the clothes in the closets; when you have help they just put things all over the place and then we have to organize everything. We waited all morning for the hydro guy to come and he was a NO-SHOW too. So DH took a small run; and came back for me and we brought a bigger load with our small trailer.

We had hoped to do three trips today, but that got spoiled; so tomorrow DH will do the rest with our small trailer. We did get a lot accomplished considering we did most of the move by ourselves. A guy we know said that he just hired a big truck and it took him three trips and he was done and he had a bigger place than us. We have learned from this move that we should have done the same thing. If I had a really long way to go, I'd do like my neice did and hire a large moving company that can take everything at once in those huge transport trucks.

MEOWEE ~ I'm glad your sugar is balancing out better and your trip to the turned out OK! My DH also has osteoporosis and both our bodies feel like we have arthritis, esp when it's cold and damp, or is that rheumatism ~ lol.

MONKEYBEAN ~ I think we all can identify with your post very well; a page from our lives. Nothing worse than meeting up with old friends who only knew you when you were young and slim; but we all age and we all change as we get older. Mature people know that and good people will like you just the same.

HI TO PURPLE and VAL
... my pc is acting up again; sometimes it changes the type by erasing as it goes and I don't know how to remedy that, so I have to cut things short. DH wants my help right now, so I am rushing a bit too.

Take care ladies, Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-06-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Closed Thread