View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #26
Zen Pharmacy
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Default Throwing my name in the pot

Name: Keri

General location: Mississippi/Alaska. Depends on the time of year.

Birthday: Aug 21

Marital status: Married for 5 years, bless his heart.

Children/grandchildren: Oh no. None of that. I have a handful of a dog that keeps me occupied

How long have you been on WW/Flex: As of this week, actually, I have been doing this a month.

How much weight do you hope to lose: I'm looking into enlisting with the US Public Health Service. To enlist I need to at least make it down to 170.

What do you do for exercise: All sorts of things. I take group fitness classes on campus, do some walking. I'm starting the 100 Push-Up Challenge and thinking about starting C25K over Christmas break.

What foods help you stay OP: Veggie omlettes. Seriously, I could have it for any meal of the day loaded with zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, onions, broccoli, you name it.

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because, it's my chosen career at stake. I could work for USPHS as a civilian, but the benefits are so much better enlisted.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Oh myself. I have that little voice in my brain that says its okay to have a little more, to just fudge numbers this week, and no one will notice that I had three cookies instead of 1.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: A big ole imaginary slap to my brain. I've got to keep the vigilance. I didn't gain back the 70 lbs I lost through paying too much attention.

What do you like to do for fun: All of it. Fish, hike, snuggling with my dog on the couch, sailing, water-skiing, nerdery (I go to Dragon Con every year), play guitar and sing (my sister and I are a no depression bluegrass duo). I seriously, can go on and on.

What type of music do you like best? Oh dirty delta blues, my friends. It's what I was weaned on.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? My guitar, a romance novel, and a piano

Other comments: I'm toying with the idea of vegetarianism.

Last edited by Zen Pharmacy : 11-05-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote