Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #1  
getting back on track!!

Default exercise and a baby

I'm stuck at home all week with my 1 year old. We usally go for a walk when the weather is nice but today that won't be possible. Does anyone know of any good exercises I can do at home? I'm limited on a lot of things because he's pretty clingy.
brandy922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I have a 2 year old at home i pop in the 30 day shread and me and him BOTH do it . its so cute how he tried to do jumping jacks
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #3  
getting back on track!!

awww that's so cute. when my oldest was two he used to try and workout with me. he was so cute doing leg lifts. my youngest just like to take over. he's actually on my lap right now trying to keep me from typing.(that's why everything is lower cased) i've tried using my exercise ball but he climbs on me. the most i can hope for is that he takes a long nap. i don't have time in the afternoons and evenings to work out because my husband and oldest are home and dinner, baths, etc. has to be done.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hmm that would be a tough one. I usually work out when my DS is napping. What about early in the am or after everyone has gone to bed??
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #5  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

ugh, I remember trying to squeeze in the workouts. are you still nursing in the early am or can you maybe get a (oh, dare I say it?) super early workout in?

maybe you have a gym near you that has AMAZING babysitting? I understand that he might not be psyched about babysitting, but sometimes if you have just the right person.....?

well, good thing there's heavy blankets and rain gear. stroller and stroller and stroller if nothing else will do.

how about doing some baby lifts? I still do those with all my boys. great arm workout!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #6  
getting back on track!!

i was actually able to get a 20 minute workout in during naptime today. i have a gazelle that i love to use but it's gotten really squeky so i stopped using it. i did get on it today and luckily the squeks didn't wake him up this time. woo-hoo!

there isn't any gyms anywhere close to where i live. we live in the middle of nowhere. the closest one is like 20 miles away and it's a very small one. i do however do the arm lifts with the baby. it must work because last week my husband asked me how i was toning up my arms so i grabbed the baby and said "like this!" and started lifting him up and down. lol.

thanks so much for all of the tips and advice.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #7  
needs constant reminding

rock on brandy!!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #8  
needs constant reminding

I found this on a blog on runnersworld.com

let's see if I can set up a link

http://babysteps.runnersworld.com/

cute ideas

Last edited by kittycat40; 11-10-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: link worked!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy922 View Post
i was actually able to get a 20 minute workout in during naptime today. i have a gazelle that i love to use but it's gotten really squeky so i stopped using it. i did get on it today and luckily the squeks didn't wake him up this time. woo-hoo!
there isn't any gyms anywhere close to where i live. we live in the middle of nowhere. the closest one is like 20 miles away and it's a very small one. i do however do the arm lifts with the baby. it must work because last week my husband asked me how i was toning up my arms so i grabbed the baby and said "like this!" and started lifting him up and down. lol.

thanks so much for all of the tips and advice.
Can you maybe grease it or something??

I know what you mean about no gyms close to where you live!! I guess you just have to get creative!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/204/170

I have a 9 month old. I workout when he is napping. I have workout dvds that I do. I do The Firm dvds. It gets boring, but I have a couple dancy dvd workouts to do when I'm bored of the others. That's all the advice I have I hope it helps. Good luck to you.
jxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:52 PM   #11  
getting back on track!!

Yay! Today I found a couple of pilates dvds that I bought about 2 years ago and forgot I had. Now I have something to use to workout.