Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #1  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Default Need Exercise!!!!

Ok. I know that I need to exercise and I feel so much better after I do it. I love to walk and that is good cause it is about all I can do with my back (herniated disk with pinched nerve, already had 2 surgeries.... will find out next thrusday if I need a Fusion). So I can not do much more. But I cant get my big butt off the couch. I think after this show Ill go for a walk and then the show ends and I say. Ok. After lunch. Then after lunch I think after my kids get home we can all go for a walk.. then when they get home we have homework and I have to make dinner then we have to get showers and before I know it, its 9:00 at night and I think all well there is always tomorrow. I have no energy....
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

When I don't want to exercise (but I know I should ) I tell myself that I'll just go half as far. Once I get my butt in gear and get warmed up - it almost always feels good and I end up doing the normal workout.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

That's why I exercise first thing in the morning. But I may have to change to after work with the end of DST and colder weather. Makes me nervous.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

This is definitely one of those "get up and do it" things. I can procrastinate with the best of 'em and if I let myself, I'll put off going to the gym over and over and over until it's too late and then I've gone a week w/out working out.

I've made going to the gym one of those things that is part of my life - just like getting up and going to work in the morning, doing the dishes, paying the bills. I might not want to do it or have the motivation to do it, but I *do* it because it's just one of those things that a responsible adult does as part of living life. That's the way I *have* to htink about it or else I make up every reason in the book not to go.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote