Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 AM   #1  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Default In Again, Begin Again

Hi, everyone!

It's been over two years since I posted here, and it shows when I look in the mirror, or try to walk up a flight of stairs.

Back in 2005 my starting weight was 247 pounds, and I shifted 70 of them for a low of 177. I went back up to around 190 where I stayed for quite a while, and then life got in the way, and I got really lazy. Depression came back with wicked force, and with one thing and another by January this year I was up to 224 pounds.

Instead of doing something about it then, I quit smoking and gained another 23 to put me slap bang back at where I started!

So, I'm back, and determined to shift some of this excess weight. I keep thinking how much better I felt two years ago, and I could kick myself for getting complacent. I was so sure that I wouldn't regain it... again. You'd think I'd learn one of these times!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:23 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Well done you! both for the loss inj 2005 and for coming back!

please can I stand in your shadow? mine is a similar story 242 down to 136 back to 217. I keep starting and starting and getting fatter and fatter.

Ok, if you're re-committed, I'm going to jog behind you. (Jog? Moi?)

So how are you planning to Do It?
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

Same here...i lost 70lbs a couple of years ago and I have slowly regained 35lbs. I have GOT to get started on something that I can stick to. Since my previous weightloss I have gotten married and moved to a different city. i am finding that it is much harder to lose weight in a relationship that it was when I was single. Not only do I cook more meals, we are eating out too much. I do exercise regularish[I] but I am consuming way too many calories for the exercise to be making a difference.

Something else I noticed is that I am having a hard time committing for the long haul...i do really great with eating and exercising for like 4-5 days and then all **** breaks loose. i HAVE to find a way to stick with these things for the long term. I am also going to try and be more active in this fourm...I read 3fc everyday, however I hardly ever post...maybe b/c I am not doing well. I am going to try and partisipate everyday.
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:13 AM   #4  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Same story here. I lost 100 and gained back 60 after a relationship that wasn't as happy as it should have been. (The weight gain was my fault, not his! It's not an excuse, I did this to myself)

We should start a thread for the second time around.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #5  
One pound at a time...

back! I too have come back to posting after a long absence!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #6  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome back! I think alot of us can share the same story... the lovely struggles of weigh loss and gain. We're just glad to have you back! I have noticed my weight is best when I remain on the site =]

jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Welcome bakc I'm right where you are, too, so you are definitely not alone. GOOD LUCK this time around!
ClydieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 254 / 229 / 154

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Iowa Girl - I think its much harder to keep on plan being married / in a relationship. Sometimes I come home with my sensible dinner all planned out, but then can't say no when he want to go out for dinner, or eat a good dinner at home. Any advice??
SeaSideSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:54 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Dish - HI

I'm back, too. But I managed to stop at 20 lbs below my recorded high, and am slowly racheting my way back down.

Maybe we can do this together - I was so jealous of you when you had so much success.
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:50 AM   #10  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

back and for recommitting.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. I did the same thing, but on a smaller scale. Lost 16 pounds, put it back on plus a few. I know it isn't the same, but the frustration is similar! I guess we have to recommit until we get it right.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:18 PM   #12  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

ALI!!!!

You have no idea how much I've missed you, my friend!!!! Maybe my display of silliness will give you a taste of how I REALLY feel

I LOVE you, Lady...and I'm SO happy that you're back! You've done this before, and you can do it again. I'm right here with you my Dear

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #13  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for welcoming me back! It's a pity that so many of us find it so difficult to keep the pounds off, but it's great that 3FC, and especially the 100 lb. Club, is here.

Lots of new [to me] people, and a few familiar faces: Hi, seashell, ChoLabLover, and KristasMom!

Ailidh: Plan? What plan? LOL. That's something I really need to get sorted out. Counting calories was what worked for me last time, and the time before come to think of it, but I couldn't keep it up for the long haul. The only things I've decided on so far are to drastically reduce portion sizes, and severely restrict carbs for the first two weeks. I don't intend to do this long-term, but I like to see a quick result in the beginning. I fully intend to nose around here, and steal others' good ideas.

iowa girl: I find it more difficult to lose weight since I marred as well. I need to get through my thick skull that I can't eat the same amounts as he does without getting fatter.

seashell: Sorry about your bad relationship. Emotions can really mess things up foodwise. Looks as though your ticker's headed in the right direction now though. Good for you!

ChocLabLover: What can I say? Super-congratulations on reaching Onederland!

jillnicole03 and purpleorc: Look at your tickers! Brava!

KristasMom: I'm proud of you! You caught the slide before you gained it all back, and you're making good progress. Nice loss there showing on your ticker. I would *look at the scale, vaguely tell myself I had to do something, and leave it another couple of weeks; repeat from *.

Slashnl: I don't think it makes a difference how much is lost and regained; that feeling we get when we realise what we've done is the same whether it's 10 pounds or 100.

Thanks again to everyone for making me feel welcomed back. You're all the bees knees!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:23 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

We were posting at the same time!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:23 PM   #15  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome back!