Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Talking 30 Something Chat, Wednesday Oct 29th

I haven't started a thread in a while so I thought I'd pop in and say hello before heading out the door...

Have a good day all!!

It's a dancing carrot kind of day!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Happy Hump Day Peoples!!!

No rain, at the moment.. but Snow is now in our near forecast. I highly doubt that it'll stick to the roads though. I guess I really should get my children their winter boots... NOW!
Well more of the usual... go to the gym, some cleaning, maybe a load of laundry and cook dinner. Pretty boring huh.

Well I hope you all have a Lovely day ... Chat at ya's later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #3  
cher37

Well, we in the valley got 2cm snow last night but had winds at 40-50km/hr. Power went out but back on in about 1.5hrs - not bad - just in time for the furnace to kick in!!

Quiet day planned for me - sprained my wrist & scraped up knee last day having a race w. the girls last night. Kind of hurts - will be cleaning very slowly today ... but at least now I get to walk to the car on my hubby's arm

Have a good day ladies!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Hello Ladies,
Back after a disappearance. Hopefully I can be more consistent(this seems to be my big problem). I will be trying to check in everyday and try to post. Life is busy as it is for everyone but no more excuses.
Have a great day everyone.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All! Well, the sky is finally clearing and the sun is out! Much better after yesterday's fiasco! Hope everyone is having a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello chickies!! The weather is so strange here today. It was sleeting and raining when I took my son to school at 1 and now at 2:30 the sun is out and the skies are clear! I tell ya, I have no clue on how to dress.

The goody bags are finally done!! Whoohooo!! Those darn finger puppets are finally done with. Now I just have to put the bags of popcorn together and make the cupcakes. I think I'm doing the cupcakes tomorrow night and the popcorn Friday morning. I'll be glad when this party is over! LOL.

I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

DD and I just did our pumpkins! Yay, fun! The weather has been really nice and warm lately, so I have been going jogging, but I have discovered an awesome blog, pastaqueen, and read the archives all this time. This lady is hilarious!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #8  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Sorry I am not able to check in during the day anymore but I have decided that if I really work hard during the day then I will have more play time when I get home. So here I am playing. Haha. Anyway, I realized today that I need to get back to counting calories if I want this plateau to end. So, of course, in counting all day today I realized that I was not eating as good as I thought I was. So now, hopefully, I am back on track!

Kori - Have fun with the pumpkins!

Last edited by asparagus4sale; 10-29-2008 at 08:45 PM.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all. Work was ok..nothing exciting..however i got sooo mad when i got home. It appears a neighbor has reported me to animal control for allowing my dog to "run loose" in the neighborhood. Ok...first my dog doesn't just run loose. Yes at night and in the morning she does go out the door while i watch from the window as she goes potty...so no i'm not physically there, but she just does her business in the front and comes back in. She also comes out with us to play when we're out side. Now we dont' have a fenced in yard..and i won't lie..occasionaly she wanders off...its rare...but what p'os me is that she really is a great dog. And until the new neighbors moved in...we never had an issue. And honestly, if my dog ever went to the bathroom in someone's yard..i would clean it up. I just wish, the neighbor would have come to me...and not animal control. Its just a warning..but still...it makes me mad. Then to find out...according to cobb county...a dog cannot be off leash unless its in a fence. So even when DH and i are out working in the yard..she can't be "hanging out" with us by voice control. She does great with voice control and just chills with us. To me, this is stupid. There are more important things..my dog never bothers people and i don't just let her wander around the neighborhood when i'm not watching her. So guess i'm going to have to disappoint my dog and put her on a teather from now on. oh well guess i need to make sure my dog doesn't make my neighbor's mad. Wouldn't look good if a veterinarian got a citation from animal control.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Our neighbors had problems with our dogs not being fenced in, but in their defense our dogs would bark at people walking by. They did know their boundaries, but it scares passer bys. Our neighbors did have the courtesy to come talk to us about it though. Hubby built a fence for the pups though and everyone seems to be happy now.

Today was a good day. I am now in the midst of teaching a novel that I have never taught before and so I have to prepare lessons in my spare time. It is kind of fun to be able to think again, but it's time consuming. Hope everyone is having a great evening.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

that's the thing..my dog is only out when we are home and she usually is in the house and only goes out with us. She doesn't bark. Usually all she does is lay in the sun. She's an older lazy dog that enjoys lounging. I want to build a fence but our yard is very weird shape so he doesn't want to build one. I've thought about an underground fence, but i don't really like the idea of shocking a dog. I just wish the neigbhors would have come talk to me. that's what makes me mad. Just talk to us. Oh well..i have been taking her out on the leash since last night...so hopefully that will make someone happy.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote