General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 05:42 AM   #1  

Ok, here is my story.
I have a good 120 pounds to lose. I had been on Advocare for some time and lost about 40 pounds but it was just too expensive.
I've been looking for another plan and thought I might try weight watchers.
My problem is I am a complete and total Pepsiholic. I easily drink a 6 pack a day and then often 1-2 large fountain drinks as well. I have tried countless times to make the switch to Diet but just can't do it.
I was on Atkins for a week and had great success and even managed to stay off the Pepsi for that week. I couldn't stay on it though because of my need to go back to the Pepsi.
My question is.....Will weight watchers (or any diet plan) allow me to work a Pepsi or two into my daily plan.
Also, is there anywhere else to get info on WW. There are no meeting near me. I checked their website and it sounds like they have a great "e" program but you have to sign up at a meeting. I'm wondering how many points you get per day and how you figure how many points each food has.
Old 03-13-2001, 06:22 AM   #2  

I wonder if you could do an experiment and limit your pepsi's to 2 a day and see if just that would drop a few pounds? I mean you would easily be dropping your calorie intake by 600 or 700 calories or more depending on the fourntain drinks. Replace all that pepsi with some water and see what happens.
Old 03-13-2001, 03:32 PM   #3  

I have the same problem with pop. But have eventually switched to diet pops and water. I am now down to 1 or 2 bottles a day. Maybe only drink one or two regular pepsi and maybe slowly sub the diet. It will take a while for your body to get use to not getting all the sugar that you were getting before. Slowly ween yourself off of it. If you stop drinking it cold turkey you will problably get really bad headaches I did anyway.
Good luck
Michaela
Old 03-13-2001, 04:54 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Have you tried Pepsi One? Or Diet RC (with splenda and this is not Diet Rite). I think both of these tastes like regular Pepsi. If not W/W lets you have what you want as long as you stay within your point range. However (depending on how heavy you are) you point range could be as low as 18-23 (for 150 and below) and each 12 oz serving of Pepsi is 3 points whereas the diets are 0 points. You have to make the choice to have or not have it. I love my beer and do have 4-5 both Friday and Saturday nights...while these nights are not the best nutritionally for it me (I use extreme meals [can explain that if you want]) it works for me.
Old 03-13-2001, 04:59 PM   #5  

I love my pop too but I made the decision that I couldn't have it all the time. I find I retain water quite badly when I drink it. I now limit myself to a couple over the weekend and that is it. It was hard at first but I find it easier as I go along. I have now been off pepsi on a regular basis since November. As I said...I do still have it but only once in awhile.
Old 03-13-2001, 07:44 PM   #6  

Default Another Pepsi Tip

I agree that Pepsi One tastes about as undiet as diet soda can get. If you still find it too "diet", try mixing it in equal parts with regular Pepsi (or even 3 to 1) and gradually dilute the Pepsi with more and more Pepsi One. Of course drinking only non-caffeinated drinks is
better than drinking even diet soda, but when you're dieting you have to give up so much you have to choose your battles (and your indulgences).
Old 03-14-2001, 03:02 AM   #7  

Default Thanks for the ideas

Thank you all for the ideas. Especially how many "points" a pepsi has. That is very helpful.

I have tried every possible diet soda out there and the diet rite is one of the better ones (I think) but I just don't like it and I figured why drink diet if I don't like it. I can just drink water.

I might try mixing it and see how that goes.

Also, for any of you that are trying to wean yourself off caffeinated beverages. The headaches are absolutely terrible. The times I have tried to do it I simply took half a caffeine pill (no-doz) a couple of times a day until I weaned myself off it. No headaches!!!!

I am really interested in this point system weight watchers has. It sounds pretty simple to do. Unfortunately there is no center near me and the closest one is a good half hour away. Not only that but the only meeting they have that I could attend would stick me in terrible rush hour traffic.

Does anybody have any suggestions where I can learn these point values or any other diet, specifically an "E" type diet, that uses something similar?

I was a member of weight watchers many years ago when they were in my city but back then they did not use "points".

Thanks all
Closed Thread