Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Cardio-kickboxing!

WOOOO HOOO!! Anyone every do cardio kickboxing. There's a class at my gym on Friday night so I tried it for the first time last night. After the first ten minutes, I was like....I have to do an HOUR of this? But I got through it. The instructor was like, wow...you're big. I thought you were gonna drop. LOL. Thanks guy. (Actually I did it.) But I felt SO energized when it was over. Anyone get good results from cardio kickboxing? Info on the internet says it burns a lot of calories.
nods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #2  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

i love it, i do dvds by janis saffell. my school gym offers it but only in the evening and i dont have evening child care. there was one dvd that i did 5-6 times a week and i was able to lose 50lbs in about 6 months but for some reason im more lazy now and have trouble making the commitment lol
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #3  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb

S/C/G: 148/146.5/130

Height: 5'5"

I looooove kickboxing! I think I preferred the class I went to back home before college, but the one at my school is also really good. Plus, we do 45 minutes of cardio and then another 45 of strict matwork and free weights - abs, legs, arms, it's great! I love the feeling that not only have I made my heart work, but my muscles as well. And I feel sooooo good afterwards.

This morning, I just got back from the stepaerobics class that I also really love.

And they say you have no time for fitness in college. Yeah, right!
MadelinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/175/130

Height: 5'1"

Hello! I've been thinking about doing a kickboxing class at the Y I'm a member of. Not sure why I keep putting it off. I've always wanted to give it a try, though!
Tonja81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Cardio kickboxing is a ton of fun! I loved it, but I've only taken one class. The class is 3 times a week at my gym, but I can only take it Friday night because I'm working the other times. But I highly recommend it because its a full body strength/cardio workout. In my class, and I think in most classes, you finish with abs, push ups, stretching, stuff like that so you're getting a little flexibility work too. You're really getting a lot of bang for your 45-60 minute buck!

Good luck, let me know what you think if you go! And now, a cardio carrot...just for motivation
nods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #6  
One pound at a time...

LOVE love it. I take it a local martial arts studio and the classes are taught by the black belts (so they don't put up with much ) They mix it up, Mondays it is pure cardio, Wednesday it is full on bags, Friday a mix of bags and weights and Saturday everything goes.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #7  
Workin' It

I used to take a cardio kickboxing class at a martial arts studio also - it was two nights per week for 60 minutes, 30 minutes of cardio (pushups, situps, lunges, shadow boxing, jumping jacks, running in place, that kind of thing), 30 minutes of bag work. I loved it. I have a punching bag at my house now and I typically get 30 minutes of work on it two or three times per week, pairing it up often with 30 minutes of weight lifting or elliptical machine.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote