View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #21
mcz1970
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa145 View Post
New Lifestyles uses corn syrup solids and partially hydrogenated oils and aspartame. That was enough for me to steer clear.

I've tried Medifast, which is better quality than NLD because they do not use the above three ingredients, and I found the food to be very tasty and the diet easy to follow. However, I quit Medifast because I did not think the cost was worth it when I can create my own low-cal, whole food program, pre-measured into 6 small meals/day, which yields the same results.

I have also tried nutrisystem and actually *gained* weight on it the first month because of all the sodium, soy, and preservatives and it made me *very* bloated. So I quit after one month.

Hope this helps.
NLD may use those ingrediants, but I ingest them in everything else too. Are you saying that you don't? It's okay to ingest all that stuff from our local grocery store isles, but when it comes to the weightloss product, we have to get picky?

Don't get me wrong, I noticed those ingrediants too. While I'd rather not have them either, If I am going to lose weight quickly and then go into maintenance, I shouldn't be consuming the products long term, right?

The difference between NLD and Medifast for me is:

1. Medifast is soy protein (not good for some thyroid issues), while NLD uses whey protein.
2. NLD is sooooooooooo much cheaper. You order 28 boxes of NLD AND can customize to a certain extent without having to pay a huge amount of extra money. Medifast is the same price for their 4 week kit that only includes 20 boxes and if you customize, you don't get a price break. Oh, and Medifast is the same price only if you use the $50 or $55 off coupons that one can find on the web.

3. NLD offers free UPS shipping on orders over $200. You don't need a special code or anything. If you order from NLD before 5pm, your order is shipped the same day.

These are just a few and I will be ordering from NLD when my Medifast runs out.