Old 10-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/237.8/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello all.. looking for friends to help me through!!

I was reading through a few of the posts and you all seem to post quite often.. SO I thought I'd make a post and say hi and introduce myself.. Well my name is Amanda, I'm 21 years old, a full-time student, and work 2 jobs.. So I stay busy..

I'm currently at my highest weight, which is 240lbs. I'm miserable and depressed... I have to do something about it now! I gained about 20lbs when I first moved from college--like most ppl-- amd when I was 19/20yrs old I gained about 60lbs in about 8months.. and the docs thought something was wrongs so they found out I had hypothyroidsim... So I'm on the meds now.. So I've stopped gained weight.. but it's hard to lose weight. And over the last couple years I've tried diets but I always give up.. I lived w 2 other girls for a couple years so that didn't help.. but I recently moved back home so it should be easier.

Anyways, I'm on weight watchers, I just started Monday and so far so good! My goal weight is 140 or 150 whatever puts me in a size 8... I still want curves I don't want to be a stick.. Anyways I thought I'd make a post, it turned out kinda long, but I have to be getting to bed.. Hope you talk to you all soon!
I will not fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

welcome! I am heading to bed right now as well, but I'm sure I'll see you around. Good luck with your goals.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:48 AM   #3  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Hi Welcome!!! We have something in common- hypothyroidism. It means you have to work harder than normal but it will come off. lol This is the place to be if you need support. Good luck on ur weightloss journey and welcome again.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #4  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Welcome! You have a great motivation, you can do it. You have stuck to a diet that is doable on the long term. You definitely have all ingredients for a succesful weight-loss journey. Keep in touch
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #5  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

That's great you started a plan! That's your first step You're always welcome here!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #6  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

This is such a great place for support and motivation as well. Good luck on your journey and i hope to 'see' you around. You can pm me if you would like a buddy to chat with and to keep eachother motivated.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #7  

thank you all for the welcomes!!.. I can't wait to get started and get this going so I can change my life!! Is anyone of weight watchers??.. and to anyone thats not.. what kind of diet are you on?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Amanda!!!! !!!!

Yeah, I think a lot of us who've been to college did the same... put on a few pounds in the first year, then put on quite a few more in the following years. MAN, it must be frustrating to know that things are just that much harder for you! BUT, you've come to the right place! 3FC's ladies are supportive, and friendly, and amazing! Hang around the forums a lot, it's incredibly worth it to keep your motivation up!

There are a lotta ladies on here who are doing weight watchers! ...I can't think to point out specific people, but I see it mentioned here and there all over the place.

Ramble on my Plan:
I specifically... am doing a weird diet. My mother has a wheat/gluten intolerance, it does terrible things to her digestive system. She doesn't have celiac or anything, but it upsets her stomach, and makes her feel sluggish and terrible. She cut out everything with wheat and gluten in it, cut out the sugar and... bam, dropped 60 lbs, and has kept it off for a year, despite reintegrating sugar back into her diet.

Well, wheat and gluten don't bother my system... at least not yet, it didn't bother her when she was my age... but my mother and I have the EXACT same body. After years of being a fitness instructor, and yo-yoing in terms of her weight, this is the first and only thing that's ever allowed my mother to keep weight off long-term...

So... I tended to feel sluggish and gross a lot, I'd eat junk, and get sick frequently, and I have the HARDEST time losing weight and actually keeping it off. My mother's been pushing me to at least TRY wheat and gluten free for the longest time, and finally, after I saw my best friend's mom for the first time in about a year, and she'd dropped 80 lbs by cutting wheat and gluten and sugar out of her diet, and says she hasn't felt this good in YEARS... I figured, what the ****, let's give it a shot.

I've only been doing it for a week, and I've lost 3 lbs with minimal extra exercise. I haven't cut anything out, I just switched from Shreddies to organic oatmeal with blueberries and a banana and organic honey in it for breakfast, switched my sandwich breads to gluten-free, or rye bread... and have started eating more potatoes and rice, and sticking to seasoned chicken breasts instead of breaded ones...

I'm baffled, honestly. I have no idea why the wheat and the gluten removal is having such a positive affect on my body, but I'm certainly not complaining! Obviously, I'm avoiding junk foods and sugary/fattening and fried stuff as well, but. That's sort of part of any diet plan, usually.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-19-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Hey Amanda!!

This site is great and you will really enjoy it!!! I started weight watchers on my own ( I did it back in 2002 and pretty much knew what to do) a year ago. As you can see our starting weight is only ten lbs in difference, we're the same height and we have the same goal! If you have ANY questions or need anything feel free to ask !!!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #10  

angelnicole,
Wow almost 90lbs thats amazing!!! Very inspirational!! How long did it take you to get the weight off? And was ur typical food menu a day.. like an example of what you ate on any given day? And what kind of exercise did you do?

Jelbb,
Yes, I think every college student puts on weight.. I don't know one of my friends that hasn't gained weight at some point well in college.. I've maintanced my weight for the most part after the huge gain when I was 20.. I was depressed enough already I didn't want to gain anymore lol... but now that I'm on my hyprothyroidism meds I've stopped gaining weight thank the lord.. but it's tough to lose or rather it just comes off a bit slower.. I'm actually thinking about going back to the doctor and getting re-tested to make sure it's the proper dose.. some people have told me they were feeling better but when they got re-tested turned out they needed a higher dose.. but anyways.. I've never tried to remove wheat and gluten from my diet.. maybe I'm stick to weight watchers but take out some of that and see if it makes a difference.. I would love to drop 100lbs but this time next year or at least get back to my high school weight of 165lbs.. and that would be me losing 75lbs which seems a be easier.. 100 is just such a huge number kind of scary.. but anyways I need to be getting be bed if I can sleep...

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in day I'm hoping I haven't gained.. that's my only goal for this week bc I messed up this weekend so I wasn't expecting a big weight loss..
Old 10-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I love that your goal is to still have curves. It's not something you hear as often as you should, I notice it's more of a southern thing but I commend you on it. (I also don't want to be a stick I'm thinking 8 or 6).

Anyways a lot of us try and come at least daily ... I think for me it's a way to replace my emotional eating if I'm having a bad day I come here and vent rather then stuffing my face with ice cream or other junk food.

When I was in undergrad my last two years I carried full course loads and worked two jobs (totally 40 hours of work a week). Yeah my eating was crappy and my exercise was not in existance. Now I'm in law school, working two internships and still taking a full course load but I make time to eat right, plan my meals and exercise. Since I graduated I lost all of my weight so hopefully that helps you get on plan.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:35 PM   #12  

remember how to smile,
YES I still want curves... I have never wanted to be a stick.. almost all my friends are sticks and I honestly don't find it attractive.. I used to say an 8 or maybe a 6.. but now I say an 8 or maybe a toned 10.. it truly depends on when I'm happy and feel healthy!! And I'm trying to come in daily to talk about my day.. where do you post on a daily basis? Just continue in the same thread or make new ones? or are they certain on everyone posts in?

I'm also a full-time student and have 2 part-time jobs.. totally about 35 hours a week.. I have the time to exercise but I haven't started yet.. I really want to start but I haven't got motivated enough to get on the treadmill yet.. But I plan on doing a mile on the treadmill tomorrow just to start.. Great job with your busy life and still staying on top of things!! I hope to get it together soon.. I kind of didn't plan on a diet and get ready for it.. one night I just started looking at old pictures and was like WOW I've gained SOO much and decided to find my mom weighter's book and I started the next day.. bc I figured theres no time like the present.. but anyways... thanks for the welcome!!!

Last edited by I will not fail; 10-19-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #13  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hi amanda, im 21 and a student, working part time too (not 2 jobs though, how do you do it??). I also want curves! Im just a calorie counter (lol how boring!) but its working for me (when i stay on track!). Hope to see you on the boards!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:53 AM   #14  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

There is this "October chat thread [day]-[day]" where you can post about your day and stuff.

My plan:
Eat less, move more.

Breakfast:
1 slice of bread and a piece of fruit and a bowl of yoghurt OR
a slice of bread with a fruit/yoghurt smoothie OR
a bowl of yoghurt and muesli and fruit

Lunch:
4 slices of bread
a piece of fruit

Dinner
decent dinner, following the rule 1/2 vegetables, 1/4 pasta/rice/whatever grainy, 1/4 meat (or egg, or fish, or legumes).
Bowl of yoghurt (can also be late-night snack)

Somewhere in this schedule there is space for a snack or two (depending on how calorie-packed it is). And I try to exercise at least 30 minutes every day, preferably more. It works for me. I get tired of calorie counting over time, and when I eat this, I know that I don't eat too many calories.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Amanda...I started my new "lifestyle" on Oct 1/07..A few days before that I had said I'd had enough and I finally began..so it's been a full year now. I eat TONS of fruit and veggies..salads...I do eat the occasional weight watcher frozen meals but I will steam the veggies with it......I also eat a lot of yogurt, oatmeal ( Quaker weight control mostly) high fibre ( 5gms!) Quaker granola bars, chicken breast, boiled eggs, and i LOVE scrambled egg whites with mushrooms and pepppers put into a WW wrap with salsa. I eat quite normal just a lot of high fibre foods/alternatives and lean meat with a lot of fruit and veggies.
I started off walking and at first I even found that difficult...then I slowly started to ease jogging into it...walk/jog/walk/jog lol.....now that the weather is getting colder I've joined a local gym and I do a lot of aqua aerobics in the pool.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote