Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #1  
g35

S/C/G: 243/193/160

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Need a little encouragement...

Hi all...

I'm so dissapointed! I'm on my third week of Flex (I weigh-in on Mondays). I religiously use the online tool, go to meetings, drink my water - I'm doing everything by the "book"!

My 1st week I lost 4.4 lbs - I was elated! Then this past week I went to my meeting and nada! Zip, zero nothing! Needlessly to say I was very upset! I did everything by the book; I even left a point or 2 on the table each day.

So I've been going along this week - still being good but I'm scared with the weekend coming up I'm going to fail (I'm starting to feel that "why bother" voice!).

Any advice to help me get through the weekend and have a good weigh-in (hopefully!!) on Monday?
g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

You can do it!! Don't give up Your body doesn't lose weight as fast as you want it to, be patient. You're doing great, you can always think at least you didn't gain. You sound like you're doing great! Do you keep a journal? It may be the type of foods you are eating. If you keep a food journal week to week you can see if there is something that seems to make your weight loss stall. Also I know a lot of people who lost weight trying the Fat Smash Diet... it's a book can you pick up at most local librarys and its very simple on what foods you should eat for weight loss. Phase 1 is only 9 days and you'll lose between 5-15 lbs in Phase 1. It's actually easy, thats my recommendation, plus a little reading never hurts

And remember you are doing great!!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #3  

I know it seems like leaving "points on the table" is a good thing. You're taught that you have to eat less to lose, which is perfectly true. However, WW's methods of calculating the number of points you get each day is pretty spot-on, and generally gives you the MINIMUM you should eat each day. I don't know if eating just one or two extra points is going to help you this early on, but it's a good habit to get into right now. People come in here all the time after a month or two of great losses only to find out that their strategy of eating under their daily target has left them with stalled losses and a mental inability to add those points back in (but once they do, they almost invariably lose again). So that's that suggestion.

The other thing is what Jill said above - what are you using your points on? You might want to look at the composition of what you're eating. Maybe this last week was heavy on the refined carbs? Or you didn't get enough protein?

Finally, did you happen to start a new exercise routine this week? Are you expecting your period this week or the next? Do you feel like you might be getting sick?

There are so many millions of processes going on inside your body at any given moment, it is simply impossible to say what the issue is - but I will say, it is too early to give up! You did great in your first week and you can definitely overcome this little anomaly! (If it helps, the same thing happened to me in my 2nd week!)
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179.8/166/150

I just started back on WW this week - went to weigh in on Tuesday was at 188.6, weighed myself yesterday - was at 184.7, and weighed myself this morning, and was at 186. I am thinking that this is because the last 3 days, I have hit the workouts really hard and my body is adjusting to the new change. I also had a leader at meeting tell us that sometimes, it takes your body a week to catch up to where you are at. For example, someone ate at Pizza Hut on Monday night and weighed in on Tuesday, acutally lost weight. The next week, she stuck to program, and gained! Keep your head up and see how the scale turns out next week. You may be pleasantly surprised! Remeber, the pounds don't go on overnight, they won't come off overnight either!!
alliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #5  
g35

Thank you all so much for your input! Come to think of it, I did start my period so that may explain it. I will try to be more mindful of eating all my points and making better choices.

I have polycystic ovaries, so I have always had difficulty losing weight even though I tend to make healthier choices. I was just so excited at my first weigh-in because i actually lost weight - which almost never happens to me.

Anyway, thank you all again...even though the last 15 I gained virtually happened overnight (thanks to prednisone!)
Old 10-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

and just a tidbit from me.. usually when you have a no loss week you may get a WHOOSH weigh in, where you lose a good amount at one time. So this week you should see something for sure even on the biggest loser week two was tough to lose weight so chin up! goood things are coming your way!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #7  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
I know it seems like leaving "points on the table" is a good thing. You're taught that you have to eat less to lose, which is perfectly true. However, WW's methods of calculating the number of points you get each day is pretty spot-on, and generally gives you the MINIMUM you should eat each day.

Finally, did you happen to start a new exercise routine this week? Are you expecting your period this week or the next? Do you feel like you might be getting sick?

There are so many millions of processes going on inside your body at any given moment, it is simply impossible to say what the issue is - but I will say, it is too early to give up! You did great in your first week and you can definitely overcome this little anomaly! (If it helps, the same thing happened to me in my 2nd week!)
I totally agree with Judy. We are supposed to eat at least all of our daily points allowance. The WPA is optional, but I've always found that using them always helps, too.

Sometimes you may mess up your metabolism by eating too little.

The dreaded bloating of TOM also makes a difference.

I have been gradually getting back to being OP, but have gone over my points allowance for at least the last 5 or 6 weeks. Still I have had a loss every single week. I did not even realize until my leader told me I had been on a losing streak for 5 weeks straight.

I have had a perfect week, pointwise and with exercise, but when I got on the scale this morning, I was 2 lbs. heavier than last Tuesday's weigh-in. I have been eating processed foods over the weekend and that may have contributed to the gain. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I wish you all the best and DO NOT GIVE UP!
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #8  
g35

Thank you all for your advice. I stayed OP over the weekend, weighed in yesterday and was down 1.8 lbs. Not the whoosh I was hoping for but overall, I'm down 6.2 lbs for 3 weeks. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Also, I noticed that this week I was closer to getting in all my pts for the day and Sunday, I went over by 2pts dipping into my 35 pts. (darn that wine :-) ). So this week, I'm making an effort to get in all my points!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #9  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! Keep up the great work! 6.2 lbs. is a little more than 2 lbs. per week. It pays off in the long run.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote