View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #29
purplefingers
Karen

S/C/G: 223/190/130

Height: 5'2'

My experience with LAWL has been pretty much the same as everyone else. I did lose 50 pounds on the program, but have gained some of it back. I lost the first 40 pounds quickly on their plan, but the last 10 was a huge struggle. Then I just quit losing, and couldn't get motivated--and nothing that the counselors tried would work. I do believe it is a good basic program if you can stick with it. But it is just not realistic for the long haul.

I took a short break from them but I am getting ready to go back. I too caved into the pressure and bought the bulk lites. I will go as long as the lites hold out and will quit then -- if it is still open here. From reading the other posts, I can see the handwriting on the wall. The store hours when I started were Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Then the hours changed "for the summer", and they were still open 6 days a week, but they closed at 7 on two days and the other three days they closed at either 5 or 6 p.m. They are now closed on Tuesdays and Thursday altogether and open until 7 on Monday and 6 on Wednesday and Friday. Which means that I can't get there 3 times a week. I imagine that one day I will go and the doors will be locked -- and they will have closed.

I agree with everyone else -- the emphasis is on selling us stuff and having us refer potential new clients. They give incentives for everyone we refer. I did refer someone, but have yet to collect the incentive -- $50 of in store credit. Actually, in the store here, there is more emphasis in us referring new clients to them than us buying stuff -- although they do push that hard, too.

The staff when I started had no idea of what was going on. They seemed to have no training at all. And waiting to see a counselor some days was awful -- not because there were so many clients, but because a counselor or two would just not show up for work. The counselors contradict each other with their "nutritional" information. One of the reasons I tried this rather than WW was LA advertises no meetings. Just quick check ins. My check in is generally very quick -- however, the wait for the check in may be anything but.

The lite bars -- I wish I had thought to ask about the nutrition information for the bars before I prepaid for them. I didn't think to look at what I was eating for several months, and then I was totally appalled at the ingredients -- high fructose corn syrup! To think I was dumb enough to trust this company with nutrition -- they touted nutrition! I spent WAY too much money for this program and even though I have lost weight with them, I wouldn't do it again.
purplefingers is offline   Reply With Quote