General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Wink Embarrasing old habits?

C'mon, We all had them. Maybe not a "habit", but things we used to do that we wouldn't dream of doing now. Spill your guts guys!

My friend and I would eat fast food every-single-day. No, I'm not joking. Everyday.
Sometimes at 1am, it didn't matter what time, as long as I had it. I was addicted to Wendy's and McDonalds.
That was my WORST habit of them all. Thats how I ballooned up to what I weighed.

Your turn!

Last edited by luvja; 10-16-2008 at 11:55 AM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I don't know if this really counts... but I used to always stretch my clothes before I put them on. Once I started losing weight I stopped and I havn't had to do it since.I totally fogot that I ever did that until someone posted it on another thread and I remembered that I also did that.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I wouldn't say mine would be as "embarassing" as it is "severely misguided"...

My friend and I were on a supposed health kick at our top weight in university so we would go work out with each other and then as a bit of a treat for being so good we would go to Subway and order a foot long, everything on it, cold cut trio with a side of cookies/chips... and then stay there long enough talking that we normally indulged in another round of cookies/chips. Pretty much 5-6 times a week. For some reason, I didn't lose weight after all that time working out. *rolls eyes*

This isn't counting the number of times I'd go out drinking afterwards thinking it was okay because I worked out. the number of calories consumed... wow.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppingbride View Post
I wouldn't say mine would be as "embarassing" as it is "severely misguided"...

My friend and I were on a supposed health kick at our top weight in university so we would go work out with each other and then as a bit of a treat for being so good we would go to Subway and order a foot long, everything on it, cold cut trio with a side of cookies/chips... and then stay there long enough talking that we normally indulged in another round of cookies/chips. Pretty much 5-6 times a week. For some reason, I didn't lose weight after all that time working out. *rolls eyes*

This isn't counting the number of times I'd go out drinking afterwards thinking it was okay because I worked out. the number of calories consumed... wow.

Oh man, that reminds me of me. After I would get weighed in at WW, I'd head to a restaurant... And if I lost weight I'd eat even more to "award myself".
I was so backwards.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I had a friend that I used to go to the gym with and we would almost always go to Taco Bell afterward. DUMB
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6.5

I also used to eat fast food everyday...It would be considered a very healthy day if I went to subway (even though I would always get the pizza sub or italian sub with no veggies.) (Not good for me either!)

I still stretch out my clothes. Before I had my daughter I was at my lowest weight since high school and bought a lot of clothes. I literally try on a certain pair of jeans almost daily from when I was that size. I can't even get them over my hips. BUT, I am working on it.
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I use to go the gym and because I was so good about that I went over and had a pizza across the street. Ha!
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I used to eat almost nothing all day...no breakfast, an apple here, two slices of light bread with 2 smart dogs for lunch, a 100-cal pack...then spend the rest of my 1400 cal allowance on Taco Bell and Wendy's binges. Note to self - just because it adds up to 1400 calories does NOT mean that 400 calories for breakfast, lunch, and snacks and 1000 calories of fried crap for dinner is acceptable!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

After a night of partying and dancing my DH and I would hit Del Taco for a macho burrito at 2 AM and then go home and sleep. Nothing like consuming 1000 calories in the middle of the night and then sleeping it off. NOT.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

I think the worst was when I was in my 20s - actually planning a binge day (or sometimes an entire binge weekend ) as a reward for being so "good" all week and eating, well, pretty much nothing. Stocking up on complete junk in quantities that now (if I was still eating junk) would be probably 2 weeks worth of food - and don't forget the 12 pack(s) of beer. Keeping the drapes closed, staying in sweats all day, and only getting off the couch to get more food (or to make a visit to the bathroom to "make room for more" if you get my meaning ). Gaahhh! I can't even imagine that girl anymore.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #11  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Im pretty much just now getting over the stage of the EXACT same thing that mandalinn said. 1600 cals of junk is NOT the same as 1600 cals of fruit and veggies.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/119

Height: 5ft2

i used to do the stretching cloths before putting them on. (stilll do a bit ) and iv got clothes bursting out of the wardrobe that are too small coz i bought them to 'slim in to'.
the amount of junk i ate is unreal, huge binges of an evening.
iv only started to try agian to lose weight this past few weeks, so hopefully in a few months these will be a part of mt past...never to be repeated agian.
clarelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

This is pretty embarrassing to admit, but I was obsessed with my boyfriend not noticing how much I was binging, so I would routinely binge on like 700 calories' worth of sweet or salty junk (those bags of flavored Quaker rice cakes, a box of stuffing, a huge slice of Safeway carrot cake, etc) then go to Safeway to replace the item so he would see it in the fridge and think I hadn't binged.

So basically instead of binging on the thing once and getting it over with, I would binge on the same things and replace them day after day until I finally broke down and ate them in front of him and could drop the charade. (For my birthday two years ago, he bought me a huge indulgent cupcake and I gobbled it immediately after he went to work, then spent the next FOUR days every day eating a cupcake, buying another one and putting it in the fridge. I wonder if he ever noticed that the cupcake's frosting was a different color every other day?)
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

rubbytummy - That hilarious! I don't mean to sound mean but that is SO something I would have done if I had a boyfriend!!
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

How about laying on the bed to zip up your jeans? Ouch!

Also .. let me share my mom's embarrassing habit. She used to hide candy in the freezer in tinfoil so we wouldn't find it and eat it. (Because, really - what kid goes for the mystery tinfoil leftovers when searching for a snack?) One day I found her stash and it was ON!
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote