General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking waxing your own legs?

Hi everyone,

I loved the waxing thread below this one! I've waxed at the salon and I love it. Just too pricey to do all the time. I'd much rather indulge in a massage. *ahhh*

However, Photochick.. I read that you wax your own legs. Doe anyone else do this? I'd love to do this instead of shaving every day. Please share any hints, tips or suggestions. What are the best products? Does the hair on your legs get sparser like it does on your who-ha? *grin*

Looking forward to seeing your responses. Thanks for looking in.
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh it definitely gets finer and easier to wax. I started out using wax strips (the pre waxed ones) and now I use the kind of wax that you melt in the microwave (or on the stove) and linen strips.

It's pretty darned easy when it's your legs. You can see and reach everything.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I did the "waxing your own legs" from home thing a few times.. I just found it was too messy and too sticky... so I went to walmart and bought an epilator. cost me about $85, but worth every penny. It's just like waxing, the hair eventually gets thinner, so you don't have to do it often.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I tried it once and my legs turned black and blue
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #5  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

I second the epilator. I have a Braun, and it's easier, cheaper, and less messy than any form of home waxing.

Also, anyone who has varicose veins (like me) should avoid waxing since it pulls on the skin and can further damage already weak veins. The epilator doesn't cause any damage.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurdnerd View Post
I second the epilator. I have a Braun, and it's easier, cheaper, and less messy than any form of home waxing.

Also, anyone who has varicose veins (like me) should avoid waxing since it pulls on the skin and can further damage already weak veins. The epilator doesn't cause any damage.
Does it work well around the knees and ankles? That's question 1. I'm afraid to ask how painful it is over those areas. Sometimes I think if my knees and ankles were hair-free for longer, I wouldn't mind shaving the rest of my legs more often. I always nick my knees and ankles, and still leave missed hair.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Make sure you get the wax with the paper included!!! The ones with just wax are terribly inconvenient.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #8  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I've tried it. It didnt work out so well. I was too scared to pull it off, so I ended up doing it slowly. Then when I finally got enough courage to pull it off fast..it didnt work because the hairs werent long enough. So then I tried to grow them out a lil longer..but I couldnt do that. I hate hairy legs and just ended up shaving. LoL!!! I rather just stick to waxing other areas.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #9  
Workin' It

My epilator does an okay job around the knees and ankles - takes a little more time, the hair seems to grow in different directions... It hurts a little more right on bone, so the front of my shin and the top of my kneecap are my worst two spots. They actually hurt less than epilating my bikini area...

I have three different ones actually, still trying to find the one I like best- a Braun, a Panasonic cordless wet-dry and a Veet. The Veet was the cheapest, does a great job but hurts a little more than the other two. I tend to use the Panasonic most often, and I use it dry rather than wet, though the wet is cool for touch up.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Very appreciative of all the answers.

I might just have to look into the Epilator thingamajiggy!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth4365 View Post
Very appreciative of all the answers.

I might just have to look into the Epilator thingamajiggy!

Yes yes, please do . So much easier/cleaner than waxing.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote