Old 10-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #1  
Wishing...

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5' 8"

Question Ugh! Just in need of some support!!

Hi All!!

I love visiting this website everyday and hearing great support from everyone! I am just a little depressed today, it may be the fact that it rained for the past 3 days! Neways, I can never seem to find time to exercise! I am 160 lbs. and my goal weight is 130-135. This is my schedule: M-F 8am - 5pm I work at the office; Mon, Wed, Fri, & Sat I work PT bartending; Tues. nights I have Volleyball; Thurs. and Sun. are really the only free time I have where I feel like I can do something productive, but I tend to take those free days to clean my apt. and hang out with my boyfriend and family! HELP! Maybe I am just being lazy, but I am exhausted after my work week load and cant find energy to do anything active. Also my boyfriend is a little overweight too and I try to get him to do things with me like go play basketball (something he likes) but he never wants to. Any suggestions? He also tells me everyday that I am fine the way I look, which, dont get me wrong I appreciate but I need some motivation and support from him too to lose the weight I want. Well now that I wrote a book, thanks to everyone for listening to me rant today I just needed to get things out of my head and on paper. I welcome any constructive critisim and advice! THANKS
Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Stop trying to find time, you will never find it, you have to make it Why not try working out before work? If you start at 8am you could fit a work in beforehand with relatively little strife i think. And then you get to keep your free days with your boyfriend and family etc
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #3  
If I can do it...

S/C/G: 243/243/180

Height: 5'5

Hi Nicole.. I agree with ghost.. try going in the mornings.. I start work at 8:30 so every morning I am at the gym by at least 7. That gives me time to get at least a 45 min to 1 hour workout and then a quick shower before going to work. Exercising in the morning gets my adrenaline going and definitely makes my mornings go so much easier.
belinda245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #4  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

i too work early so i get my workout done early by just getting up earlier than i normally would and then i dont worry about not doing it -- i do the shred=== i would do a dvd or something that you can do at home and then you can get ready for work and not worry about the time it takes to get to a gym
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #5  
Wishing...

Thanks so much guys! It already is making me feel better today, now I just need to join the gym again! I quit mine a few months ago because I took on the second job and hardly made time for it so I was dropping an extra 30 bucks a month that I couldnt afford if I wasnt making use of it! I'm kinda liking the at home workout video thanks princess 2323: Also i was curious as to what the shred is? I havent heard of it before?
Old 10-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #6  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

What I usually do when I think I won't have time to exercise: taking every little bit of movement I can get. Taking stairs instead of elevators, walking over to someone at work instead of calling, taking little detours when walking somewhere at work. Each individual thing may not be much, but it does add up. Also, how do you go to work? Walking or cycling is always better than car, train or bus... but I don't know if this is an option for you.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #7  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Well, if you're going to play volleyball once a week, that's something. Don't forget about that! And depending on the bar I know bartending can get pretty active as well! Take a look at this and maybe you'll start losing.

I work 9-5 and I find that I have to go to the gym prior to going home or I don't make it at all. Although I only go about twice a week, and other days I'll do some DVDs at home. It depends on how I'm feeling.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #8  
Wishing...

SavingServo: Thanks for that article! It was very interesting! I've never thought of it like that before!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #9  

I posted a thread just like this not too long ago and got some great feedback! I started doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred which is kick-butt and is only 20 minutes! I get up about half an hour than I usually do to work out to that DVD. I watch closely what I eat and plan my meals, and try to squeeze whatever activity I can in my free time.
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote