General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #1  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Site for relationship "advice"

Since there are several threads right now dealing with relationship issues, I thought I'd share a site that a friend of mine from church has started.

I won't give the direct link (in case that might cause a problem), but type www. then luvemorleavem.com.
You can type in your situation/problem and then people vote on whether you should love 'em or leave 'em.
Even if you don't have a "problem" it's fun to vote.

Enjoy or not
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Hm. I looked at the site quickly and ... understand I mean no disrespect to your friend at all ... but I think a site like this is a bad idea.

To allow a bunch of strangers on the internet to VOTE on whether you leave your SO based on a couple of paragraphs of info is ... again, IMO ... really really really bad idea.

The complexities of a relationship cannot be boiled down to love 'em or leave 'em. They just can't. And I would hate to think someone stayed in a bad relationship or left what could have been a great relationship based on an internet vote.

Dunno. Sorry. Don't mean to be a downer. I just know the complexities of my own situation and I know that what most people would vote for me would not be the right thing.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Wow... I'm with PC, yikes.

Last edited by raw23; 10-10-2008 at 01:22 PM.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

I didn’t have the chance to check the website out, but for what I read here it seem ok to me.
People bring their stories there themselves. No one forced anyone to go there.
And I don’t think people are going to take a decision just based in the votes. But sometimes it is just good to know other people’s opinion. People who are outside can see better the situation.
Again, in my opinion it is a matter of choice to be in that website. Your own choice. If you don’t want your situation to be exposed to others, just don’t go there.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote