Old 10-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Best foods for a binge

well this is week two with no significant loss....
last time i didnt have a loss for a week i had a binge on a Friday night....
and by the Monday morning I was loosing again....

so my question is, what are the best foods i can binge on....
ones to up the calories really quickly but not make me feel like im doing too bad....
last time i think it was a pie and chocolate and alcohol....
suggestions please....

sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205.5/185.8/128

Height: 5' 2"

Pardon my two cents but as a former bulimic, I don't think intentionally TRYING to binge to lose weight is a good idea.

I do calorie cycling to lose weight - that means basically that I rotate the calories I have on a daily basis. Over the course of a week, I'm currently targetting an average of 1700 calories. Some days it may be 1200-1300, other days it may 2200-2300. I try not to go more than 3 days in the same 150 calorie range. This helped me go from 208 to 143 at a steady pace (I regained the weight after a knee injury, pregnancy and health issues).
ANewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:59 AM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I do calorie cycles as well. I try to aim for 1200 on average. Some days I may just hit 800 and others around 1500. On free meal days, I go for 2000. This boost your metabolism.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Like the others I don't think cultivating unhealthy behavior by having a binge is a good idea. Two weeks really isn't a plateau ESPECIALLY since you're so close to your goal weight. I think it's much healthier to continue eating well and exercising. Perhaps its time to gradually increase your calories as many maintainers do. I say this as someone who struggles with binges - it's not a habit you want to develop.
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I think you may be misunderstood here, if you feel the need to binge or you feel like you cant control then go for fruit or veg, but I also agree it's probably best to try and address underlying issues to try and prevent a binge.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

This talk of bingeing on purpose worries me, a binge isn't really a good thing. Why do you need to eat all those calories in such a short period of time? Can't you just calorie cycle where you have 1 day where you are eating more calories? A binge usually means the eating was out of control, and the point of weight loss is to control you eating so that you can be healthy for the rest of your life.. not for one night, or one week.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the others and think this is a very bad idea. I think helping you by giving you ideas for a binge is totally against what this website is about. Not to mention I believe it violates the actual rules of the site by encouraging unhealthy behavior.

Look into calorie cycling if you feel the need to vary your calories.

You're also going to have to accept that you cannot count on regular loss every single week. our bodies don't work like that. And the more weight you lose and the closer you get to your goal, the more likely it is that your weight loss will slow down and you won't see those big numbers.

So when you say "no significant loss", that leads me to believe that right now you have unrealistic and unhealthy expectations of what you should be losing.

I think you should just keep going and see what happens. A binge is not going to help you lose weight.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Whenever i feel like binging i go for a pack of fat free lays baked chips! it works for me.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 8"

I have to agree with the others - planning a binge, even on something healthy, isn't the greatest idea.

A couple of other things - at your height, you are already creeping into the lower half of what's considered a healthy weight range so, realistically, you aren't going to be able to lose pounds at the rate you may have been able to when you first started - no matter what you do. Second, you posted a picture of yourself in a new dress on another thread and you look fantastic. Maybe, if there is an area you still aren't happy with, instead of concentrating on the pounds on the scale, try using a tape measure for a bit and adjust your exercise program a little - not necessarily more time but just change up your routine so you are using different muscle groups for more of an all over toning? I'm doing a program called Fluidity that's based heavily on ballet moves and using body weight for resistance and I can honestly say I have a better, more even figure now, at 50 something with a little more work left to do, than I did when I starved myself to scary skinny when I was in my 20s - eating terribly with no exercise, I was down to 115lbs - people were always asking if I was sick but I still had these big old saddlebag thighs and a lumpy, saggy cellulite butt And, of course, that 115 only lasted for like 20 minutes and set me off on my career of gaining and losing for the next 30 years. I know you are trying to get into *ideal* shape in time for an event, but what about after that? Wouldn't like to still be able to get into that dress for the next event too? Just food for thought (instead of food for binging )
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

well my binge day hasnt turned into a binge day....
bran flakes with no milk 157 calories....
satsuma 26 calories....
yoghurt 95 calories....
2 veggie burgers and a piece bread 200 + 86 calories....
2 fruit cakes 300 calories....
equals 992 calories....
i have a boost bar 310 calories sat on my sideboard contemplating whether to eat it....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #11  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

if you're hungry, eat it!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote