General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Are you single or married?

1. Do you ever want to marry?
2. Do you miss the single life?
3. What's the best part about being single? married?
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I'm married.

No, I don't miss the single life. I have a lot of married friends that do, though.

The best part about being married? Oh man....just one? Probably the constant support system that I have through my husband. There is nothing that I can't tell him and that feeling is wonderful. I don't have to feel self conscious about anything - my butt jiggles a little...ok, a lot...and in past relationships I was VERY insecure about it. Now, I embrace it because my husband has taught me to love myself. He supports me in my weight loss, not because he doesn't think I'm sexy now but because he wants me to be 100% happy and he knows that I would be happier if I was healthier. He took the time to read the South Beach Diet book so he could understand what I was going through and know the ins and outs of what I could and couldn't have....this could go on for days...

Ah...I love him.

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-08-2008 at 01:17 PM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #3  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
I am married
I don't miss it at all, not even a little
I love pretty much every aspect of being married.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm married, for 20 years.

Would hate to go back to the single life, and the best thing about being married is my husband is rich and I don't have to work...LOL (kidding)
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #5  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I am engaged, to be married in May 2009
I don't miss being single at all
I love that I am with the love of my life every day
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I am married
I don't miss the single life
The best part is I am with my best friend for the rest of my life. There is nothing I can't say or do with him. I have my own personal cheerleader, counseler and rock when needed. We are one and when I hurt he does to (vice versa) We live every day as our last and I think thats why we have such a strong marriage - I would never trade that!!!!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

married. (again)
yeah i miss being single and being able to come and go as I please when I please
best part of being married? ya know I can't really say... but i know i love him and he loves me.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
Dating, 2 1/2 years... waiting on the ring

I dont consider myself singe, and I dont miss it. My guy is just great. He's my best friend. I tell him everything... I've never gotten along with someone so well or been more comfortable with anyone else in my life. I've been more vulnerable with him than anyone, ever. He challenges me in every way possible. I'm never bored. He doesn't sufficate me, I have my own independance. Everything is relaxed, no games. If we have an issue we talk it out immediately. I could go on and on. I'm just happy...

I seem to have all the good things about being single (freedom, independance) and all the good things about being in a relationship (companionship, love) right now.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #9  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

just celebrated our 1st anniversary, and it's wonderful. i wouldn't trade being married with DH for anything. there are few minor things that i miss about being single, though. i'd be lying if i said there weren't. little things like having total control over home decor, and fewer family obligations with in-laws (he comes from a huge irish family that has constant occasions - we're obligated to attend, and i don't really know most of the extended family). that's nothing though compared to how content i am to come home to a true mensch every night!
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #10  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I am single and want to get married. Having not met anyone in the last couple years, hasn't helped either. I so need to get out more!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Separated, but still sharing a house.

Can't answer this one simply: I don't miss the stereotypical single life, but I am enjoying some of the benefits of being "single". There are things I like(d) about being married and things I like about being single.

Best part about being single: Having the freedom to do what you want when you want and not have to take another person into consideration.
Best part about being married: Having someone there who you know is there for you first - to be your companion, your support, your touchstone. And to be able to be that for them as well.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #12  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

1) I am single
2) I am living the single life; sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. Especially when friends have "couples" get togethers and I'm excluded because I'm single. And even if I am invited, a lot of times I don't go because I don't want to be the fifth wheel.
3) Best parts about being single: Being able to come and go as I please; not having to share the bed; being able to keep the temperature in the house the way I want it; being able to leave the house in any condition I want to, and only being accountable to myself; being able to watch what I want on TV when I want it; and being able to eat/drink the last bits of food/drink when I WANT it. I miss having a man though.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #13  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

1. I'm married
2. Yes. Now don't get me wrong, I love my husband and there is no one in this world that I would rather be married to. I also love our life together. I loved being single though and I wouldn't say I miss it so much as I would say that if I was single again, I know I could be happy. Not to say that I want to be single.
3. Best part of being married - Someone to do stuff with and someone to share stuff with. My husband is my best friend and we have a lot of fun together. Best part of being single - Independance without being accountable to anybody.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I've been married for 15 years (since I was 21) and we just had our first child (2 months ago). I love being married. To be fair, I really didn't have much of a single life since I got married so young, so I can't say if I even know if it's worth missing! I think I lucked out with the person I ended up with, though -- I really can't imagine a better husband.

In that movie Shall We Dance? from a few years ago, Susan Sarandon's character had a great line about marriage. I looked it up so I could put the whole thing here: ""We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet ... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things ... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'."

I don't think we really NEED a witness -- people can be quite happy without getting married, obviously. I just think it's nice to share my life with someone, and I feel thankful that I found someone worth sharing it with.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #15  
Bikini Season :)

i am not married but have been in a live in relationship for 1 year, so i dont think i qualify as single.

i do want to get married, have kids, get a house with a yard and do that whole aspect of life.

i do miss being single from time to time for the convenience. i was able to pick up and go where-ever. i could come home late, i could do nothing, my house was always clean... but i dont miss sleeping alone, the horrors of dating new people, the stress of whether or not the new date is serious or able to look beyond my chub, being the odd girl out.. i dont miss that at all. and i think the fear of being single again is one of the few things that has held our relationship together sometimes!!! haha
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote