Old 10-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat Tues Oct 7th

Morning all...just thought i'd stop in and say hi. Hope everyone is well. Nothing overly exciting here. Not doing well eating/exercising..but eventualy i'll get my bum in gear.

Alright all..hope everyone has a great day!

P(:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #2  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Good morning!
Got my water bottles here at work, ready to go today... also, got my packed lunch of a turkey sandwich! It's going to be a long day, I can tell. My area boss will be here, so I probably will be scarce until late this afternoon.
Hope you all have a good day! Let's all stay positive and feel good about ourselves today!

Shannon
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Karen... those sounded like some good drugs... I have to go to work... got any extra? ROFL!! I'm glad to hear that you're OK. You'll be feeling back to normal in no time. Take care of yourself and drink lots of water.

Asparagus... how was the first night with puppy?

Joan... I didn't think it was an ulcer until yesterday. Two weeks ago while having an argument with DH, I was doubled over in pain and just thought I was upset. Then I noticed that it happened again and I thought I had heartburn. Then I thought one day that I was having horrible hunger pains but I had just eaten an hour before. So I looked it up and here's what it said the symptoms of a stomach ulcer could feel like:

Stomach Ulcer symptoms

The major symptom of an ulcer is a burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach area that lasts between 30 minutes and 3 hours. This pain is often interpreted as heartburn, indigestion or hunger. The pain usually occurs in the upper abdomen, but sometimes it may occur below the breastbone. In some individuals the pain occurs immediately after eating. In other individuals, the pain may not occur until hours after eating. The pain frequently awakens the person at night. Weeks of pain may be followed by weeks of not having pain. Pain can be relieved by drinking milk, eating, resting, or taking antacids.

That was taken from a health website mamashealth.com. I'm not waking up at night but the pain is exactly where they say, high in the abdomen like heartburn.

Right now I feel OK... it seems to happen when I'm stressing...

Hope everyone has a fab day!!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #4  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Been busy here let me tell ya! Got Luke all packed and sent of to predeployment training, he should be home on the weekends, can't wait! My youngest had her first round of tests today, she is three and still cannot speak. They want even more tests, so for now I am to teach her sign language so she can communicate. Got the final stuff for the older one done, so she can start school, I have been homeschooling her. Got tons of stuff around the house done too!

I have been so busy I haven't had time to snack or make huge unhealty meals. I peaked at the scale this morning, and I have dropped another pound, but I won't mark it until Saturday, in case.

I picked up a walking mag and it has a 12 week walking schedule, but since I can't get any real walking in with the girls and all, I am going to follow it on my bike, and see if that does anything for my weight loss.

We had a great supper last night. We had smoked cuban tofu and it was sooo good!

Gotta run, have a great day folks!
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Kati... hope all goes well with the tests today. My nephew didn't speak until he was 4 but he's almost 6 now and won't shut up!! LOL

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Morning all. Got to work late today - just did not want to get out of bed. I am suffering from allergies something fierce. I am going to try to hit the gym today but not sure how well I will do.

Kati - Good luck with the tests. My cousin did the same, I think it is a common thing when there are older kids. But good to get her tested anyway.

Poppy - Ugh - a stomach ulcer does not sound good. What will you do if they keep coming back? Bob is doing really good at night but we will see how she does alone for 8 hours. I am a little worried... I may go check on her at lunch but that means I would have to stay here even longer.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #7  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' Ladies!

Trying to keep it simple today. Just the usuall... laundry, some cleaning and ... going to bake. Hoping the kiddies take a nap as I have an important call to make and we all know what happens when it is important... Kiddies follow mommy around talking to her, making noises etc.

Christina --- No, I haven't taken the kiddies yet... mine are the same age.

Kati--- on the lost pound!!!

Gatorgal --- I was the same was last week about getting my bum in gear. I finally got it back in gear. Hoping you can too- soon.

poppy --- Ulcer!! Ack, never had one, but my dh did and they are painful hoping you figure things out and are feeling better again- real soon.

Well off to the gym I go.... talk to you all later...

Last edited by PearFreak; 10-07-2008 at 10:32 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Hectic day here. Just got a chance to breathe! Can't stay though, be back later!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #9  
Believe it, be it

Hey poppy, hope you feel better soon! I've never had an ulcer, but I did have an infected gallbladder and I know how much pain I was in then. I'll keep you in my thoughts!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #10  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Morning everyone!! I've been off and on all day. Trying to get stuff done. I wanted to tell all my 30s ladies that I posted my progress pics if you're interested in looking. The link is in my siggy.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OMG, Sass!! You look fantastic!!! Congrats on your progress!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
I have been busy here, had to take the little dude to the vet he was very itchy so took him in, he is allergic to flea bites, so he is on antibiotic and anti flea meds. as well as the other dudes!

Yesterday I spent a lot of the day baking, I bake this "mexican" cookies and we all love them, I found on facebook people I went to school with from elementary till graduation, and I offered a couple of them to send them a box of these cookies, so I have to finish them today.
For those of you that are on facebook go on my firends photos and you can see a class picture, I sent it to a friend and then she posted it on facebook and tagged it, with all our names I can't believe that can be done, that is so cool! but you can see me on that picture! back when! I am the second girl from left to right on the top.
I got to go finish the cookies!
see you all later!

H
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #13  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Sass, you look great! Congrats!

happy, try Comfortis, it seems to be a miracle worker for fleas, and for dogs that have sensitive skin, it is a pill.

Anyone know what's the recommended amount of steps you should take in a day?
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #14  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

I think it is 10,000 steps.

Sass - great pics and great progress.

Still at work bored, bored, bored. I am not going to make it to the gym - these allergies are bad.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #15  
Believe it, be it

Part of me doesn't want to go home, eat and then work out, but I know I HAVE to. The only thing that's really going to motivate me tonight is the BL is on!