Old 10-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #1  
I will do this.

Default And I'm back in the game...

As most of you know my weight-loss and commitment to this life style has taken a hit. I have been truly off course for about 3 weeks - if not more. I have gained 5 pounds and all around not feeling at my best.

Even though my life has taken some turns, low on money - getting into the play - school started up - being very busy I have neglected what I need to focus on most - my health.

I wanted to share with you my new goals.

- Stay within my calories 1,500 to 1,600 a day
- Making smart choices for snacks and actual make sure I eat them so I don't get hungry when I get home
- Even though I don't get home from school until 8pm I will not go to any fast food or pick up pizza. I will eat at home
- Workout at least 3 times a week
-Allow myself one night off a week but only one.

This weekend has been up and down for me. I have improved a little since I completely jumped ship - but not back to where I was doing really well. I was eating only 1,300 and for my frame and activity I know that's what was making me binge. I am going to up my calories to 1,500 -1,600 and even through it might take longer to loose the weight - at least it's better than starving than bingeing.

Thanks for listening and giving me the encouragement I need to carry on.

You guys are the greatest and I don't know where I would be without this site and without YOU.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Woo hoo, Taylor! First of all, congrats on the part! You show those snobby you-know-whats (I'm familiar with their work...)

Second of all, your plan sounds great! Your goals look totally do-able for you. Cutting out the eating out during the week was HUGE. I had to remove Thai Basil from my speed-dial because we were ordering it 3-4 times A WEEK

I actually had it last night and even though I was within my calorie range, I'm "puffy" today and know why it's only good as a once and a while treat.

Anyway, I think it's so important to be able to recognize the backslides and do something about them (because we ALL have them eventually!) and I think you're handling it great

Last edited by junebug41; 10-05-2008 at 04:18 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think a more reasonable daily calorie amount is a great idea. Much better to go with something you can live with instead going off and on something too restrictive. Good stuff.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Taylor- I'm so proud of you. I would miss you if you weren't here. I think it's totally doable. You didn't give up and that's the most important thing!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #5  
I will do this.

june If it is the same thai basil that I know...oh boy...they are soo good. Chicken pad thai....BUT the pad thai dry mixes can be found at kings and they are about 50 calories per table spoon (so 100 calories for 1/2 of the packet) some chicken breast, whole wheat pasta and all the veg you want and you have chicken pad thai. I just need to get over the fact that calling them is much easier.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
june If it is the same thai basil that I know...oh boy...they are soo good. Chicken pad thai....BUT the pad thai dry mixes can be found at kings and they are about 50 calories per table spoon (so 100 calories for 1/2 of the packet) some chicken breast, whole wheat pasta and all the veg you want and you have chicken pad thai. I just need to get over the fact that calling them is much easier.
That's the one!!

I actually learned how to make my own two weeks ago. I went out and bought fish sauce and sesame oil and everything else and it's now one of our regular dishes during the week, with much fewer calories and probably half the sodium. We also use rice noodles. I can get them at any grocery store, they're cheap, and I don't want to binge with them as I do with regular pasta.

But oh my, TB's pad thai is too good. the thing about TB is you can actually eat pretty healthy there so it's not bad every once in a while.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #7  
I will do this.

And I am gonna save major money by eating the foods I have at home and not going out!! I did the math and not only am I gonna save 234972 calories a week but at least 150 dollars a month by not getting pizza or mcdonalds.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #8  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Yay for you! Here is to a new start!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I have an ALDI foods where I live. They sell a lot of basic food items for way cheap. They save money by making you put a quarter in for a basket (you get it back when you return it), making you pay for bags (i bring my own), and not having a lot of workers. So it's also cool if you're into being green. I was unsure about it at first, but their food is just as good as name-brand.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on your re-focusing! Sometimes even just writing down your goals makes them even easier to obtain because you see them in black and white. Even after doing it for so long, I too have been thinking of giving mine a tune-up so I don't lose track of what's important. Thanks for the inspiration!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back! I am with you on eating at home, I save SO MUCH money now that I don't buy fast food (Wendy's and McDonalds robbed me of my hard earned money )
I still buy a sub every now and then though.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #12  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good for you, Taylor! You were such an inspiration to me when I joined this site, and you continue to inspire me to this day!

I also need to recommit to my plan. I've gained a few pounds over the last month as well. Today is actually the first day I've managed to stay totally on-plan in a LONG time.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote