General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Opinions Needed!

So I am planning on getting a tattoo and I've been working on the design. Here is what I have so far, it is a stylized bird drawing and a cherry blossom branch with blue flowers. The tree branch part is a very rough draft but the bird part is pretty much what I want. I would have it on my left shoulder blade so that the bird is facing the middle of my back. My main concern is that the style of the bird, and the more realistic look of the cherry blossom won't blend well together...

I really like how in this tattoo the individual flowers aren't as pronounced but they all kind of blend together...

DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I love that tattoo, but have seen prettier! The girl that was in front of me had the cherry blossom and the tattoo artist did an amazing job and it was more realistic looking.

I also like your sketch of the bird...what if you put them in seperate places? No offense but I'm not crazy about the two together or the blue leaves.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #3  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

love the bird. have seen some tree designs in the same type of style - perhaps making the branches more like that w/ blended/muted blossoms would look good.

here's kind of what i was thinking in the way of branches
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=13941007
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #4  
Operator265

Oh Oh Oh! Let me see if I can get the picture of the one I had on my arm of two peacocks back to back. My DD has it on her phone, and I think it might be along the lines of what you are going for, judging by your drawing. I work 2morrow, but then I'll be off. I'll see what I can do.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #5  
Mikkos

S/C/G: 217/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I also like the bird.
mikkos is offline   Reply With Quote