Old 10-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Talking 30 Somethings Weekend Chat: Saturday/Sunday, 10/4-10/5

Happy weekend all! Hope you sickies are feeling better...

Weigh-in #14 this morning... down 2.2!! Total.... drumroll:::::::: 19!!! YAY :c arrot:

I'm really doing it this time!!! So awesome!!!

Hope everyone has a really good day!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Yay Valerie!!!!!!

Hubbie went on a fishing trip so I am home alone this weekend with two kids and one of them is teething....good times...
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Valerie ~ 19 lbs down. That is fantastic!! Keep up the good work.

Riley ~ So does that mean that you get to go somewhere all by yourself next weekend and leave hubby with the two kids?

I actually slept in this morning. I woke up at 6:10, looked at clock and realized that it was Saturday. Next thing I know it's 8:10!!! Felt great and man, did I need it. No big plans for today other than meeting a good friend for lunch. We are meeting at 1:00 and I told DH that I wouldn't be home until at least 5:00. I'm looking so chatting to a girlfriend by the hour.

Hope that everyone is feeling better and enjoying fall. The weather couldn't be prettier here.

Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #4  

Thanks guys!!

Ohhhh... I remember teething... don't miss that. However... I would prefer that over arguing with my ex-teether... (my 15 year old son!!) ROFLMAO!!!

Joan!! Nice to see you girl! I'm enjoying the weather too... I love fall. I went over to Bed Bath & Beyond last night and bought a big pumpkin scented Yankee candle... the whole house smells good now.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone!!!!

Valerie, you're doing so good, you should be super proud of yourself!

Joan, good to see you. I read your post about Liam, I'm so happy to hear he is doing so good!

Riley, how old are your two children? Hope the teething eases up some for the little one!

So, I've decided to give my notice to work on Monday. I just can't take the schedule anymore. I was supposed to work today, but it doesn't look like they need anyone so I don't know when they will. I am just going to look for something part time where I can be home more!

It is a beautiful day here as well, a great fall day. A few more weeks the leaves will be changing and it will be a great time for a drive through the mountains!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Ladies!
Happy Birthday, Wifey!
Today, Husband and his friends re-wired the garage. Do you know heavy-gauge wire is really really expensive! Now he can have more lights, his compressor, his tools, and the heater all hooked up at once.
He is still kind of sick, but I am better and went jogging yesterday and didn't feel tired this time. Thank goodness!
Have a great weekend!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

gorgeous day here in Atlanta. Perfect weather. Went looking for motorcycle jackets in the am. Then took the dog on a 4.5 mile hike in the woods. It was nice and relaxing. Then rode the motorcycle to the barn and rode the horse. Its been an unbelievably relaxing day. I have enjoyed every moment today. Besides its just such a pretty day. so nice to be out doors.

hope everyone is well (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!
Congartulations on the loss Valerie!

Kori it is nice to have a good set up in the garage, I love it! enjoy it!

GG I am glad you guys had a good time on your day off!

Riley we all went to the beach today, DH fished, didn't catch anything!

Joan I love to sleep in! good for you!

WE had a nice day today, DH stayed home from work today, he said he was going to go to the beach early (like 7:30 - 8 am) and he was going to let me sleep in, I woke up around 8:30 and I didn't hear any noise, so I turned around and fell back to sleep, I thought they had left very early. When I came downstairs at about 10:45 DH and Sean were both laying down on the couch, they didn't leave early cause it was very gloomy, we did stuff around the house and by 1 or so we all went to the beach together, it was so relaxing, DH didn't catch anything, Sean had a great time playing on the sand and I just sat on my chair, knitting of course, watching them and when it finally got sooo cold I asked them if we could go home, we came home and we had delicious home made mexican food, we made chilaquiles, mmmm.... it was so good! Now we are just relaxing!
I will see you guys tomorrow!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:30 AM   #9  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Default 30 somethings daily chat Sunday Oct. 5

Okay, probably had no right to do this, but my day starts an average of 6 hours before yours since I am in Germany LOL

I wieghed this morning, and couldn't believe it. I have not weighed in three weeks and I am down to 223! Having to walk two dogs, one of them every couple of hours, day in and day out has really paid off! Not to mention staying off the couch!

Also, we got rid of the TV. Yup, it is in storage, so I can't sit around and watch it all day. The music is on and I am cleaning and dancing with the girls. I am feeling good.

I want to be below 200 by New Years! It will be the first time in 10 years!

Have a great day ladies!

Oh and I have a yummy snack for you that is no fat..edmames with a splash of lime and sprinkle of sea salt. YUM! (300 calroies for the entire bag, we get four servings out of a bag so 75 calories)
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

kati-feel free to start whenever...its the next day for you. We really don't care. Usually we start a weekend chat (both sat and sun) just because there aren't as many post...but it really doesn't matter...there really aren't any rules here (: congrats on the weight loss...and i bet the dogs are appreciative of the extra walks. Dogs can be great encouragers...they have a way of giving us the guilty look LOL.

Hey all, just a quick hi. Nothing new since yesterday. Hope everyone is well. off to work in a few!

P(:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I weighed last night and I gained 3 pounds so I am trying to pretend that I didn't weigh. I think I just didn't drink enough water and my body retains water if I don't drink enough. I was kind of bummed though. Hopefully I make better drink choices today. Not so much coffee.

The kids and I are headed to the mountains to visit my parents' cabin. It should be cold, but I am looking forward to seeing my parents and having a relaxing day.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #12  
New Chick

S/C/G: 235/223/145

[QUOTE=Kati;2394630]
Also, we got rid of the TV. Yup, it is in storage, so I can't sit around and watch it all day. The music is on and I am cleaning and dancing with the girls. I am feeling good.
QUOTE]

Kati- You brave girl I can't live without the biggest loser and dancing with the stars

I still can't get over my loss from yesterday 2.6 down
All the exercising is paying off This is the first time of goining WW that I have accelerated my exercise. I used to do just videos and walked.

I hope you all have a good day.

Has any of you tried PB2 yet? I will be back later to give my review.
LadyBurchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I merged the threads. Kati, you can start the thread whenever you like. We do a new thread each day Monday-Friday and one for Saturday & Sunday. Holiday weekends we usually cover the Holiday also, like Labor Day we did Sat-Mon.

Lady, Congrats on the big loss!

Riley, Sorry about the gain, at least you know why and how to fix it.

Ugh, gotta run, have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #14  

Thanks for changing the post title Lauren!! I was so excited from my weigh-in I forgot to do 'weekend' instead of 'daily'... LOL

Hope everyone is enjoying the day!! The weather here is sunny and 70!! Perfect day!!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Had a busy day today. My book club meeting was today, so it was at least partly fun!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote