Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Question Shirt size getting smaller, boobs barely fitting in them....

This might sound really silly and maybe it is but..... I've been shrinking yay! I've gone down on shirt sizes but I'm noticing the more I shop in a "regular" store the more I notice that the boob line on a lot of my shirts are not where it's suppose to be. I'm sure I'm not explaining this right. The shirt fits. But the line especially on tank tops seems to go in the middle instead of under my boobs. I wear a 40DD and have not shrunk very much, was a 42DD, I may have to get a D in a coupe of months but so far I'm ok.

Does anyone else have this problem? When ever I wear a shirt especially a tank top I ALWAYS wear an undershirt to hide the "girls". I'm not complaining for sure, I'm just wondering if this is common with others as they lose.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #2  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

no I totally catch what you're saying. I've had that problem a LOT in the past and my boob size doesn't seem to have changed much. I've resigned myself to the fact that to get a lot of other shirts to sit properly I'm going to have to wear a white camisole underneath so as not to show the whole entire world my boobs.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

First off, congrats on the clothes getting bigger! awesome eh?

Coming from a fellow tall girl, shirt sizes will almost always have boobs in the wrong spot. I have to be careful with tank tops that have the line under the boobage because if I put it where it's supposed to be I would be popping out everywhere. Good show but I think I may give off the wrong impression.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #4  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

I have the opposite problem, it seems as though my boobs shrink before everything else does
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I've had that problem at most any weight. It's ridiculous in juniors (odd number) sizing - they expect the boobs to be up under your neck. But even in misses, I have a hard time with tops that have some seaming that is supposed to sit below the chest (unless it's structured enough to stay under the chest).

So I usually stick with tops that either have that structure to them, or don't have any underbust seaming.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 10-02-2008 at 01:47 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I've always had the opposite problem. At 245 pounds I was a small B cup, at my low of 169 pounds I was a small B cup. I can't even buy bra tops or sports bras without cup sizing because if they fit in the band they are too big in the chest and give no support.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Yep.

I'm a 34D and wear a med-small, but to accommodate my bosom I end up always having to get a large and attempt to get it tailored unless it's a very deep v-neck. If it has an underbust seam, screw it.

And button up shirts I get I have to wear a cami under and just leave them open because I can't do them up. I've gotten much more brave, so now i'll just wear a pretty bra in case you get a peek at the center panel. I've noticed that a lot of people are nicer to me when the girls are upfront and center.

What's even worse is that HIGH necklines are in this season, so I can't fit them without buying a size or two larger than I normally wear, then I end up with a tent for a blouse and "uniboob" (high necklines make it look like you just have one giant boob instead of two distinct boobs) and the drape is all off so I look 15lbs heavier.

Thank god for Diane Von Furstenberg and classic wrap styles, because nothing else fits. I know it's kind of tarty to have them out all the time, especially when you're tall and they're at everyone's eye level but I don't know what else to do with them.

Last edited by NishKitten; 10-02-2008 at 02:07 PM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #8  
One step at a time!

S/C/G: 187/ticker/120

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
What's even worse is that HIGH necklines are in this season, so I can't fit them without buying a size or two larger than I normally wear, then I end up with a tent for a blouse and "uniboob" (high necklines make it look like you just have one giant boob instead of two distinct boobs) and the drape is all off so I look 15lbs heavier.

Thank god for Diane Von Furstenberg and classic wrap styles, because nothing else fits. I know it's kind of tarty to have them out all the time, especially when you're tall and they're at everyone's eye level but I don't know what else to do with them.
This is absolutely off topic, but what is a High neck line???
ChileanChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #9  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I wear a c-cup but I fit into medium size tops everywhere but my boobs, if its a button down shirt the buttons always pull apart at the bust so I have to wear a cami under or I flash everyone. So, I end up buying large tops just maintain some form of professional composure...lol! I always thought that if I lost weight I'd lose my boobs, that has not been the case at all, they are still there in all their boobie glory.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I'm starting to get a little worried about this as well. I've already had problems with shirts being too snug across the bust, but too lose everywhere else. I guess I'll have to go with tailoring.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I work in an office with all guys so I can't have the girls out or I'd feel uncomfortable all day. Is their clothes that are made for busty women? I've never really thought about it b/c in plus size stores I always had enough room but in reg stores not so much.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

I have this problem and I just don't buy shirts with "under boob seaming" unless it's a going out shirt and I can have some cleavage.

I have the same problem as ghost with the button ups. It's annoying to have to do this, but the only solution is either A. a good minimizer bra or B. buy a bigger size and have the sides tailored down.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileanChick View Post
This is absolutely off topic, but what is a High neck line???
Any neckline that sits just under or higher than the clavicle is a high neckline. AKA - Puritan neckline.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #14  
One step at a time!

S/C/G: 187/ticker/120

Height: 5'7

Mmm that will probably be used next year here, so I can "set" the fashion lol!
ChileanChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Is their clothes that are made for busty women?
Here in the UK we have Bravissimo which has tops that accommodates larger boobed women (D cup and above). Fitted garments come in 3 fittings: curvy, really curvy and super curvy, semi fitted garments in two. I find I can get a size smaller than I would normally in a really curvy (I'm a DD). They do mail order but are quite expensive. I usually buy in the sales.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote