Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat thurs Oct 2nd

Its been a while since i've started a chat...but thought i'd say hi. Last day of work (i've been working an 8 day stretch)...and then i have friday and saturday off...can't wait. I need a break. Going to try to ride my motorcycle to work this morning. Who needs coffee when you got the cold wind rushing in your face LOL

Hope everyone has a good day.
P(:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

GG, have a great day, enjoy the ride in. Are things easing up at the pumps yet? I heard it might be another week or so.

Gotta go run a few errands. Hope everyone has a great day!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all!! Gas around here is $3.39 as I saw yesterday (just to chime in there). Still haven't heard aout going full time yet. My boss hasn't answered me in two months... do you suppose that's the answer?? LOL I hate my job... if I was a cartoon character, I would have a little black scribble over my head at the end of that last sentence!! LOL

Hope everyone has a good day. I have to go back over the posts and read what's going on so I can do personals... It's been days!!! LOL Things are just so busy here... sounds like everyone is in the same boat with the kids back in school.

Enjoy!!!

:edit: Forgot to tell you... for those of you doing no refined carbs eating, Tostitos has a new multi-grain tortilla chips out... OMG!! They are soooooo good!!! 8 chips is 150 calories but with about 2 TBSP salsa, it's the perfect sized snack... YUMMY!!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 10-02-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: yummy food
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Morning all. I am proud of myself because I went to the gym yesterday. My ex takes my son on Wednesdays and Fridays and I always have a hard time feeling motivated to go to the gym on those days. I think I am a routine kinda person and whenever it gets thrown off I lose motivation. But I told myself that starting this week I would go 5 times a week and so I am very happy that I made it.

Poppyseeds - Two months and you are still wiating for an answer? You are a much more patient person than me. My boss is an idiot so I know how you feel about the job, though.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Sarah, Good for you going to the gym!

Val, when was the last time you mentioned it to your boss? What do you do again? I'd say something again, or go to HR, if you work in a company that has an HR like that.

Gas was 3.27 at the place I go when I passed there yesterday. Hoping it's down even more when I get gas, probably tomorrow.

Scale was at 248. on the nose this AM...hopefully it keeps going down from there!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!
OMG I can't believe I am posting this early! LOL

GG you are too funny, have fun riding your motorcycle, how can you function w/out your coffee! don't over do it at work today just cause you have 2 days off!

Asparagus great w/the motivation, I have not found the motivation to get to the gym in a while.

Hi Pam

Valerie you are funnier, 2 months and no answer, I guess you got it!

I had a horrible night sleep, my hands were itching a lot I don't know why, it may be this crazy weather, yesterday was 100, but I had to get up early to send Sean to school. DH asked me to let him sleep in. As soon as Sean get off to school I'm going back to bed! Even the littlest dog is itching, scratching his legs, there is nothing there, I am sure it is the weather. We both have dry skin LOL!
Today I am going to the dentist I hate it! another root canal! but I am looking forward to it, it will be great once it is over, hopefully the pain will be gone for good!

See you guys later!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Just a quickie today. I couldn't sleep last night either. Just couldn't settle, no itchies! So, I am tired today. I'm going to try to keep busy so I don't cat nap and ruin tonight's sleep.

It's great to see everyone doing so well! Exercising and loosing! As soon as all my surgical procedures are over I hope to have the energy to get better at exercising. I'm only averaging about 3Xweek right now.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

GG, be careful on your bike!

pam, the job is working with people with Dev Dis. However, when I applied I was applying for part time, a weekend job. Its been filled already though

Poppy, I probably use a tablespoon of salsa per chip, lol.

Hanna, good luck at the dentist today!

We have a gas shortage here too and its only shot the price up, its almost at $4. I've been lucky cause the gas station by my house hasnt run out yet but if you go into charlotte its really hard to find any gas.

Hey to everyone else!

Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #9  
New Chick

S/C/G: 235/223/145

Good morning all!

Just checking in before heading off to work. I hope you all have a good day.
LadyBurchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6

Alicia..sorry about the job Something will come along I'm sure.

Valerie, yeah, I guess they don't want you to go FT. Your boss is a jerk. Oh, and I use about the same amount of salsa as Alicia, lol.

Lauren, congrats on the steady loss. Great job!!

Hannah, hope the itchies go away!!! Try Aveeno, or maybe an Aveeno bath. That usually works.

Asp...great job on the working out!! It does get easier the more yo do it!!

Okay, off to have lunch. Not much else going on here.

P

BTW..WHERE'S JOAN??
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #11  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Afternoon all....

Didn't get a chance to log in in the morning, as I had a boat load of errands... so no gym today... BUT I went yesterday!!! I am going tomorrow too. 2 days isn't much this week, but better then none- right.
My scale is going wacky these past few days... one day it sez I lost one lb the next 2, then the next up threee? So I am not going on the scale until Sunday... in the am before I eat anything. Hopefully that'll be a true to weight, weight.

I think I am ending my Pitty Me phase... hopefully. I am just impatient with this weight staying mn my body. I've yelled at it, told it to leave, even scolded it and nope... it stays or leaves s--l--o--w--l--y. GRUMBLE.

Anyways, the kiddos are rather loud, so I need to check on them. Talk to you all later.

Welcome to the Newbies!!!
Hello To Everyone Else. THanks for bearing with me, I am sorry Ididn't do much personals... any actually. I am just crazed and have a full load today. Tomorrow will be better-

Last edited by PearFreak; 10-02-2008 at 03:02 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Well... I mentioned it today to my boss and he said that he didn't have an answer yet... (Everything there is a big friggin' secret anyway!) and that he did have conversations with people but they are worried about the economy and adding more money to payroll... yeah... like my dinky salary is going to put this multi-million dollar company out of business!!! PUH-LEASE!! I told him everyone is concerned about the economy.

Part of the reason I took this job was because the owner told me at my interview when I told her that I wanted to start out part time and go full time in Sept 08 that she didn't see it being a problem at all.

My boss said... "I don't remember you saying that..." He's a moron and a liar. He also says that he is concerned about my absenteeism as a full timer. Should I say I was in the hospital twice for the flu last winter and my leg went numb a few months ago while at work so I took myself to the ER... that's what he's basing it on. The other f/t's in my office are out way more than me but he's not their supervisor.

I don't think will work out anyway...

I think I should just quit... anything is better than this...

WELCOME Newbies!!!

Sarah... congrats on the gym... Sounds like you're right on track...

I gotta run... I'm so mad, I don't even know what to do. I'm off tomorrow... maybe it's time to go out and physically hand in applications....

I would love some suggestions. I feel like crying.

Last edited by poppyseeds; 10-02-2008 at 04:14 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone. Things are going ok here. Problems with the ex but that's nothing new. Just made me want to exercise more. I've lost a pound and still exercising everyday. I hope I keep this up.

Gatorgal- I hope you had a nice ride on your bike. Enjoy the next couple days off.

Valerie- Yesterday when I went up to my mom's I seen gas as low at $3.20. I'm really sorry to hear about your job. I think if your not happy maybe you should find something else. Your boss seems like a real jerk.

Sarah- Glad you are making it to the gym. Motivation is really hard for me.

Lauren- Congrats on the loss!

Hanna- I hope you can sleep tonight. It's opposite here. Last night it got down to freezing. I even had to turn the heat on this morning. Good luck at the dentist.

Talk to you all later.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

I got back from the dentist and he said he didn't think I needed a root canal, the tooth that hurts doesn't need to be touched he said my muscles are pretty swollen and my nerves are too, so he wants me to relax! and to not stress! sure! Oh thank goodness I got a prescription from him not to stress!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

Hanna- When I was around 20 or so my ears were hurting and I went to my regular doctor and he sent me to the dentist. He told me I was grinding my teeth and basically the same thing yours said about stress. If it was only that easy. I hope your tooth feels better soon.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote