Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Worldly Chicks Opting for Optimism in October

New month and new attitude! I know it will be a glorious blue and gold month with lots of good stuff happening.

This weekend sister Joan is having Family Thanksgiving at the Farm on Saturday night. I just know my tummy muscles will get a good workout from laughing! The following weekend is real Canadian Thanksgiving with a cookie and yard sale at the Church and harvest celebrations in the Churches and at the Old Stone Mill. The next weekend I am delegate to Synod which will either be boring or stimulating. It's nice to meet new people anyhow and swap ideas. And then there's Hallowe'en!

I intend to lose five pounds this month, finish another quilt top for Victoria's Quilts and get my barn and basement tidied and ready for winter. I may even plan a wee trip out west to see my DD in November depending on her schedule and my finances.

So what are your optimism options?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #2  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm feeling very Optimistic about October in terms of health, fitness, finances, and life in general!

Thanks for starting the new thread, Ruth!

I opt for losing between 5 and 7 pounds this month; walking at lunch at least 4 days a week; going to the gym at least 3 days per week (preferably 4 or 5 days/week); eating lots more veggies; and drinking at least 72 ounces of water a day.

That's a lot to Opt for, but I'm optimistic (and confident) that I will achieve these goals!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ruth
I plan on being able to exercise by the end of the month lol. Take a few pounds off and keep them off and get myself a new bottle of polish for my one vanity lol.

Di
Yes I can tell you have been thru it all before lol. I went thru this every winter for years and years. Only the last couple of years did I get a break. We caught it real early so hopefully I will get over it quicker than a few months lol.

Hi everyone, back to bed I go. Took me 6 hours but I have the house in nice shape lol. I can now rest.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #4  
Creating a Healthier Me

Rennie - I cannot believe you are cleaning house when you have pneumonia! You should be resting, woman! Not cleaning! Do we need to come and smack you up around the ears?! Because I will come and do that if I have to....or Annie lives even closer. REST, RENNIE, REST!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Well I came off of August on a bang, never thought that September would be such a bummer as it has always been one of my favorite months. Can't say I'm sorry to see it go although October reeks of the sneezies (mold allergies for me from the falling leaves), wheezies (from the smoke from the fireplaces) and the chillies (cold, damp mornings that take a while to warm up). We're in quite a dry spell here so I'm not sure if we'll be getting any autumn colors either.

Here's to a better start in October.

I want to get back on track with the gym.
I would love to be 5 pounds lighter at the end of the month.
I'm going to work on getting more organized at home.
Considering what's going on economically, I'm going to put a big focus on spending less - less on groceries, bringing my lunch more - particularly since the cafeteria food is not that great anymore.

My tooth is much better today. The dentist said the sealant might have not been tight or the tooth rocked and that's what was causing the pain. He popped it off and resealed it with a different material and said if it still hurts I would need a root canal So far it's just sore from all the shots and drilling but the nerve pain is gone

I go see the orthopedic guy tomorrow morning. We'll see what he says with the hip.

Not much else to report in. Going to go for a short walk now as I need better numbers for this month.

Happy October ladies.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #6  
Choose your hard

Jen posted this on September's thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525 View Post
This is Jen again and Mom has scratched her eye with a piece fo paper. Dr said the eye is OK but no computer until the pain goes away. She wishes everyone well and will be back soon. Take care
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #7  
Creating a Healthier Me

Jen - Please tell your mom we're sending healing thoughts her way. I hope her eye feels better soon.

Happy - Those are some mighty fine goals for October. I'm so glad your tooth pain is better. I hope you don't need a root canal; although when I had one...the pain of the root canal and afterward was MUCH less than the pain before. I also hope your orthopedist can figure out what's wrong with your hip and get you on the right track to be pain free. YGG!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ruth - thanks for looking after us and getting the new thread started. I have to admit that I forgot all about it yesterday afternoon when I was calming down from the peeling paint. New thread was not one of the words on my list as I metaphorically castrated the long absent original painter. Yes the paint did peel again, but not as badly as previously so hopefully I have got it all this time. I'll be back down there when I finish up here.

Some good goals and optimism in here. Think Oktoberfest and let's ein prosit water this month. I'm going to try to up my intake and decrease the food intake. I did not achieve the 2kg off this month and have actually managed to put some of Augusts loss back on. Time for some strict talking to myself here. Maybe I need to get back to work. I certainly need to get back to the gym. Even though I'm getting in exercise at home, it is not structured like it was at the gym.

I've got to go, I'll get back to personals asap, but I need to get to the paint early. The walls must have their first top coat on today!!

Meantime, I will leave you with Jude the Obscure. As you can see there is nothing obscure about this rose. And the perfume is heavenly. I've also included, Mr Lincoln - another good perfume and the native flower of New Zealand,, the Pohutukawa - said to bloom profusely when a long hot summer is in store - it's also known as the Christmas Tree in New Zealand as that is when it flowers. Needless to say there are many legends around this trees. Mine are blooming beautifully at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jude the Obscure 1a.JPG (49.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Mr Lincoln 1.JPG (27.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Pohutukawa 1.JPG (40.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Beautiful roses. I bought my uncle a Mr Lincoln last spring for his birthday.

Ruth
My optimistic goal is to drink more water, at least 48 oz per day. I've been contemplating on signing up with the Biggest Loser club here but decided I should do it on line instead. Let Mr. Harper guide me this fall.

Reenie
What are you doing out of bed!

Happy
Glad you are seeing an orthopedic tomorrow. Are you still walking like Chester? I know that is painful.
The fall color should be good this year. We've had plenty of rain. I'm ready for it, but I'm lke you fall is not good for the sinuses.

Mel
Hugs. Rest those eyes and we'll see you soon.

Michelle and Annie

My four day work week is just about over. The temperature is supposed to be around 45 degree's tonight. My type of weather to sleep. I actually wore a light jacket to work this morning.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-01-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #10  

Hey Mel, anyone would think you were competing for October's most creative self-injury! I've been trying to picture how you got a paper cut on your eye, but the mind boggles. Probably indulging in some weird, deviant sexual practice... Get better soon!

And there's Shad taking up the slack on the pre-Christmas warm up by putting up a lovely photo of a Christmas tree on October 1!!!!! I guess she won't be able to rail at Mel's early Christmas decorations after this. By the way - what colour won the day? Aquamarine or cream?

Happy, the trees here are particularly beautiful this year. The maples seem to be changing in patches - the same tree will be one third green, a big blotch of red, a streak of orange. Glorious! Must have been all that rain this summer. I'm glad for you the tooth settled down - I had my first root canal a few years ago and was surprised that it was actually less painful than the crown prep. Do let us know how the orthopedist works out.

Ceejay, I almost had heart failure when I read that you were going to "let Mr. Harper guide you this fall". Our right-wing fundamentalist Prime Minister's last name is Harper, and I'd rather jump off a bridge than follow him anywhere. And after watching some of the workouts Bob Harper has those very out of shape, very overweight people doing on BL, I'm not sure I'd trust his judgement either.

Ruth, you certainly have a busy October planned! Good luck with the 5-lb goal. Please give Disney a good head scratch for us!

Michelle, you,re just an exercising dynamo - at the rate you're going I'm pretty sure you'll meet your goals! One comment on the water though: from everything I've read the experts have reversed their recommendation to drink vast quantities of water, so try not to overdo it. If you drink when you're thirsty and make sure your pee stays a very pale straw colour, that should be enough. Just MHO, of course.

Shy, whyever are you cleaning when you're so sick? The dust and dog hair will still be there when you've recovered!

Howdy Madcat! How's beautiful downtown TO??

As for my October goal, I'm trying to be less tense and angry and negative. And to stop gaining weight. and to post more often...
Old 10-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Finally went for a colour called White Opal - which is a cream. May well look fairly boring but at this time, it was the only thing that I liked that wasn't named after food.

I'll still rail at Mel for her Christmas countdown. Doesn't matter that I mentioned it myself.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #12  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey kids! October is starting off with an evil fall head cold here. I've coughed and coughed and sneezed until I am exhausted. I think I need to find some good drugs to take and then go have a little lie down. Great birthday celebration for my DH, eh?

Thanks for the new thread, Ruth, and all my love to the WCs. I'm all for the optimism for the month. Some lovely new avatars I see! I'll have to update mine.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #13  

Hi Shad! Hi Madcat! I see your little lights aglow.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #14  

Hey Madcat - your ticker's looking really good! If you just starve your cold, it might be even more impressive soon. (At least now I know whose pounds have glued themselves to my pudgy midriff.) Did you watch the French debate tonight? Only in Canada, eh!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #15  
Choose your hard

Hey kids,

Just breezing through. I have an early morning doctor's appointment in another state. Actually we border Mississippi so not all that far away.

Just reading fast before Carla or Shad notice my egg lit up. (***sneaks under desk as flashlight beam scans the room***)

I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Sleep well. Or greet the sun, whichever you prefer
Closed Thread