Old 10-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #1  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Default Feeling Hungery w/ AF

OMG...I just want to eat and eat and eat. AF is in town and she's really killing me now. I had to eat a bowl of cereal (1/2 milk and 1/2 cup of cereal) while dinner was cooking. Then I ate dinner and then had my snack which was 2 TBSP of PB...but I think I had a little more.

This is the first time AF has done me dirty while on this diet. I know that all periods are not the same, but this one is killer. I am bloated which is putting some extra pounds on me, I got a headache and it makes me not want to eat and then I'm hungry and I'm craving junk. Oh and forget exercising, I just can't. I'm going nutty.

Anybody else go through this sometimes?? What do you do to calm yourself??
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #2  
Want 2 be slim & healthy

Location: Im in Spain but Im English, have lived in Spain for 15 years

Height: 5"11

omg ur profile pic lol, i thought i had a bug on my screen!! I just finished my period and I was permanetly starving but I tried to drink more water to keep me full, also helps with the water retention I get during tom.
kate1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

SBD, try drinking a lot more water! I don't know that I'm more hungry while AF is visiting, but I do find I crave specific things, like dairy, usually. Maybe try to bulk up on something light, like popcorn? I also use cereal as a filler if I'm starving. Usually Cheerios, but sometimes something evil. :evil: I figure it's better than a candy bar, or snarfing down something heavy, especially at night.

And yeah, I agree with Kate about the avatar! I thought it was on my screen the first time and it makes me itchy everytime I see it!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I was having such bad PMS/TOM that hubby was calling me werewolf, and calling TOM "meat week."

I craved beef, chocolate, and fat. Surprisingly, I'm not much of a chocolate fan except TOM.

Pretty much all of my life, I've had severe cramping and super severe hunger every month. BC modified it a bit, but finally I tried bc that reduces the number of periods I get every year (sort of like Seasonique), and that, along with lower carb eating, has finally given me control over raging hunger.

If this is just something that happens once in a while, you might try eating fewer carbs, especially refined carbs like sugar and flour the week or so before and during TOM. I've heard that many people find this helpful. They don't have to do low carb all month, just one week. For me, that's not enough.

If it happens every month, to the point you're having difficulty losing weight and keeping it off, you might consider talking to your doctor about bc changes (if you're not already on bc, there are risks to consider).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Man, me too this week. And it's not something that eating a little extra can fix. I can eat a full meal, even a bit more than usual, and it felt like I hadn't eaten anything. And then I can feel a bit overstuffed and ravenous all at the same time, which makes no sense at all. I think the cramps cause crossed signals with the gut. I just try to keep my mind occupied, because it's not even like extra food takes the hunger away, and too much food just makes me ill but still ravenous.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #6  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Thank you ladies. This week has been miserable for me emotionally, weightfully and physically. All the food I ate today just didn't taste right and I skipped dinner because I was nauseous and I had a bad migraine. I popped mad pills today too. I feel like a train wreck...Monday this will finally be over. Maybe I need to go swimming or something.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote