Old 09-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #1  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

Default Fiber One bars.

These things are the freaking devil. They taste so delicious but make me feel soooo terrible throughout the day. Does anyone else have this problem? I think it's the whole sugar alcohol thing. Makes me extremely gassy and nauseous.
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #2  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

At my work they were giving them out as well as allowing you to enter into a contest for one free year's worth of groceries!!!

One thing I've noticed about myself is when I eat more fibre than I'm used to consuming in one sitting - I do get gassy and bloated. Which was what happened with me when I ate their Oats & Chocolate bar.

Maybe you need to add a little more daily fibre intake? I know I do
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

You know...I agree that they are the freaking devil...because they do taste sooo good and I always want more....but, I do not get the terrible feeling afterwards. Hmmm, I kinda wish I did so I would not eat them anymore. You are probably right...I bet the sugar alcohols is the culprit.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #4  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

I actually do eat lots of fiber. Maybe eating these too is throwing me off the edge?
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I actually think they're too sweet, but I still like them because I like sweet, although not quite that much. When I eat them, I also feel a bit out of control. Despite the fiber content, they make me crave more sugar.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #6  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

All the ladies in my old WW group learned the hard way to NEVER, EVER eat more than one FiberOne bar in a day! Oh, it will not be pretty if you do. They used to make me very bloated, because I was eating them when I wasn't used to fiber. I think primarily the bloat comes from all the fiber in them....but now that I have gotten used to eating a lot more fiber, I can eat one FiberOne bar each day for a snack without feeling bloated or gassy.

But, seriously....eating more than one in a day can be risky!
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

They do that to me too. I just can't have them anymore.

I eat plenty of fiber on a regular basis, so I don't think it's the extra fiber that really rips up my insides - I think it has something to do, like dominic said, with sugar alcohols or some other ingredient in them. That and they are on the sweet side for my tastes - but mostly it's the hours and hours of gassy uncomfortableness that keeps me away from them now!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hmmm.... I eat one every day. No problems. I have had two on occasion at that didn't go well though.... I even take them out of town with me to keep on plan as much as possible.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

I also eat one every day, sometimes 2 a day, and never have any problems. I was talking with a friend and she mentioned her husband had terrible pain after eating Fiber One bars though! I think it may be a person to person thing vs the bars
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #10  

Height: 4' 10"

I'm going to pay closer attention to this. I have days where I have a lot of gas, some I dont. I don't eat them every day, so maybe this is why. They don't make me nauseous though.

~Dolly
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #11  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

I've never had any problems with them. I have been known to eat more then one too
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I think they are delicious, and I, too, sometimes end up wanting more than one a day. BUT, as others have mentioned, I do get very gassy, esp. if I eat more than one. I do think it's the fiber because I've eaten other sugary things with no bad after-effects. Most of the other stuff has not had the high fiber.

Now, I have recently tried the Fiber One caramel squares cereal. With an entire cup of milk I believe it's 5 points, but is satisfying. For some reason, I don't have the same problem with the cereal.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #13  

Yep... I've learned the hard way that more than one bar a day causes me to have a LOT of gas. I also eat Quaker's high fiber oatmeal for breakfast (10 grams of fiber). Oatmeal and one Fiber One bar is okay.. more than that one and... YIKES! Thank goodness I work from home but I have gone shopping a few times. Egad, I practically need a pressure valve installed.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #14  
just a girl

S/C/G: 215/196/135

Height: 5'6''

I've only recently discovered Fiber One bars. They're so good. I haven't really had any issues with flatulence-or anyhting related. Although, I actually get the Target private label (yes I'm a cheapskate) and it could be that. Or maybe I can just really hold my fiber.
foxsealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsealady View Post
I've only recently discovered Fiber One bars. They're so good. I haven't really had any issues with flatulence-or anyhting related. Although, I actually get the Target private label (yes I'm a cheapskate) and it could be that. Or maybe I can just really hold my fiber.
Oooh... I didn't know that Target had a private label version.. I might have to check that out! I'm a cheapskate for sure. We shop at Wal-Mart and almost always use their store brand. Some things we stick with, like the brand of ketchup, but others taste the same. Our Super Target is super tiny... If they have more than 10 half-length aisles, I'd be surprised.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote